Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
Strīcan

It's Only Me Making an Entrance

Greetings, mortals. Alright, sorry I couldn't come up with anything better than that, but I'm half-asleep.

I discovered about the Goth subculture not that long ago. From observation though, I come upon a conclusion that the subculture is only about music, fashion, and literature to a certain degree, nothing deep whatsoever (please do correct me if I'm wrong, I feel very open-minded today). From that, I suppose I have something in common with Goths, that is, I listen to Goth music.

That being said, like every other sane person, of course I don't limit the music I listen to to a specific genre. The music I listen to ranges from the girly screams of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Heart, and Pat Benatar, the rebellious Bikini Kill, Sex Pistols, and Dead Kennedys, the uniquely-sounding Christian Death, Voltaire, and Siouxsie and the Banshees, the contrast-filled Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation, to the serene Sarah Brightman and the score from Phantom of the Opera, which many people think is crap but I like, seeing that I haven't listened to many songs in that genre. And yes, that's a vague question for suggestions, if you happen to have some spare time.

As for the fashion, I'm afraid I'm the kind of person who puts on whatever is clean that happens to be closest to me at the time I get ready. There's nothing extraordinary in my wardrobe, only two pairs of pants, a bunch of tees and a leather jacket, so that's pretty much what I put on every day.

I also happen to be a lousy reader. I'd like to know everything and gain as much knowledge as possible from books, but I have the shortest attention span when the book I read isn't as engaging as I want it to be. I have many books that I'm interested in and bought, but I haven't read. My current interests include history, politics, philosophy, and crime. That being said, I'm far from having any substantial amount of knowledge in those areas. I'm keen to read any book that'll clear some things for me or at least give me some perspectives, but I feel as if there's so many things to learn and I have no idea where to start. So, let's just say, I'm still looking for a start.

I recently moved to Melbourne from a non-English-speaking country, which explains my way-less-than-perfect English (for I which I do apologise in advance), for education purpose. As for my age and sex, I'd like to leave that a lingering question for a while, just to see what people will come up with. In my free time I'd like to travel, think, and write a bunch of (bad) nonsensical paragraphs. I also like hitting things, of which I facilitate through taking classes in Krav Maga. Moreover, I like to observe people and think how people become the way they are, or how they might perceive things that are happening to them.

I join this forum either because a) I'm a very bad person that I have no one I can talk to in real life, b) I'm looking for people who can stop and talk about things that don't necessarily give them material benefits, or c) my Management tutor said to be a good manager, one have to continually look for networking sources. So if any of you happens to be a conglomerate and is looking for someone to inherit your business because you have no heir/heiress, let me know? Thanks.

All in all, I apologise for the pain I give you by writing such painful passage, unless you're a masochist, of course, in which case you'd thank me, and thank you for taking your time reading.
Strīcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Bete Noire

Welcome. I liked the intro.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Breathless Horror

Welcome. I second Bete's comment, but I'm going to add that I think I like said intro's author as well. Awesome taste in music by the way.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #4
Serephurus

How come you have no one to talk to in real life?
Serephurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
GothicChristian

Welcome! Your English is good for it not being your first language.
Your intro was interesting as well; we should get along well!
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
Strīcan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephurus
How come you have no one to talk to in real life?
Sorry, I probably phrased that wrong. I seem to lack oral communication skills. I do have people to talk to, but I happen to have difficulties communicating to them.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Solumina

Wow I haven't seen that in depth of an intro in quite a while. Welcome, I get a really good vibe from you ^.^
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
Strīcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Wow I haven't seen that in depth of an intro in quite a while. Welcome, I get a really good vibe from you ^.^
I'm glad about the good vibe! Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:13 AM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Excellent taste in music, and a well detailed intro, you will be a fine addition to the community!
Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
Strīcan

I hope so, thank you, HumanePain!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
Noirette

Are you from Israel or something?
(Krav maga. It really amused me.)
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:42 AM   #12
Noirette

I'm so rude today.
Welcome!
Intresting intro.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #13
Tea and Cake or Death

YO! Whats up!? You seem a bit of alright.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #14
Strīcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirette
I'm so rude today.
Welcome!
Intresting intro.
Ahaha, it's fine. Thanks for reading that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirette
Are you from Israel or something?
(Krav maga. It really amused me.)
Nah, I just heard about it. There's this cool place near my house that teaches Krav Maga, so I started coming regularly. Did you take that too, by any chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
YO! Whats up!? You seem a bit of alright.
Hi there! Umm, I just have to go to uni at 6 AM today, and then if everything's fine with that, I'll be flying in a seven-hour flight to my hometown. So, not much. Thanks for reading my intro, by the way.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #15
Noirette

No. I just started learning Aikido. It's really nice.