Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Pyre

Bonquisha = Lakita = Troll

Warning: some of you won't care, which is fine.

We've all seen them post photos: Lakita once posted one of the alleged Keisha, and Bonquisha of supposedly herself, twice. I did some sleuthing, and I have uncovered hard evidence that they are not who they say they are, and I believe are one-in-the-same person. Anyone else notice Lakita conveniently disappeared when Bonquisha arrived, or that sometimes Lakita would slip up and have legible messages on rare occasions while most of the time it looked as if she went out of her way to write poorly? Well, this seems to be the case, and she's gone through a lot of work to troll the site.

Here are my three points, all of which were gracefully handed over by photo bucket. If you check the image sources, you'll find the accounts are the same as they are here:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...lly/?start=140 for

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1..._2006/?start=0 for

http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/n...itomii_Kuromi/ for

I am sure some of you have already figured this out or suspected something of the like, but I wanted to bring forth the evidence.

Also, as you'll notice, two of the three accounts are owned by WHITE PEOPLE. For shame, Lakita!

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Saya

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Pyre

Like I said, it was obvious to some, but I had been waiting to call her out on it for awhile and a) didn't have the time and b) typically forgot when I did. This was more to embarrass her than to enlighten the members, though some of them may not have realized, particular new members.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Saya

So you're trying to embarrass someone by pointing out that their obvious trolling was in fact, obvious?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Mir

Interesting point!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #6
Pyre

She tried hiding it. She gave us stories such as being a friend of Lakita's and taking Keisha out to a movie and blah blah blah. Those members that did not ignore her accepted her because she presented herself in stark contrast to her persona Lakita.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Mir

You're the only one who must have actually fallen for these stories, because most of us either knew, or didn't care.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Lolly PopMuzik

And it took you this long to figure out because...?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
Bonquisha Brown

O lordy! luks liek its bak 2 4chan4 th1s anonymiss...
Bonquisha Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
Gothic.net

What are some of your opinions on this sort of thing? My naturally low tolerance for it has struck some people as too humorless, but then again, racist trolls just really are not cool.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #11
Mir

Her presence did not bother me in any way whatsoever.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #12
maggot

Nope, didn't care.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Ben Lahnger

I thought about engaging her in a battle of wits, but I don't believe in starting a fight with an unarmed man/woman.

And that's as much concern for the matter as I have.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:51 AM   #14
Pineapple_Juice

I feel that, although I have previously ignored all posts from Lakita, her presence is quite refreshing.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #15
Xombie

You seriously spent the time to bother looking, just so you could announce what everybody already knew and nobody cares about?

Bravo.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:08 AM   #16
Pineapple_Juice

To be fair, obviously not everybody knew, as Pyre had to do extensive research in order to solidify her opinion and also felt that it was something substantially shocking enough to deserve an entire thread.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:21 AM   #17
Tam Li Hua

I tend to ignore anything she posts; it's obvious trolling, and in a rather tasteless way.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #18
a morbid curiosity

I don't see what the issue is...
Old 04-02-2009, 05:52 AM   #19
Man In Room 5

Honestly, I come here to get away from people like Bonquisha Brown and wouldn't miss her if she were to vanish.

If I wants to be all ghetto and down wit my hommie mudder-fuckahz I could just be stepping right outside my crib cause they be all over this place 24/7.

I don't go to gangsta rap forums and try to be goth by writing reviews of Go Away White or brag about my collection of Bronte criticism or rub cultural differences in their faces by bragging about how I'm not on public aid and have never beat a woman. So why should the reverse be allowed here?
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Sock puppetry can be used for more sinister trolling so it should be against the rules. And any troll that was too lazy to change their photobucket account deserves to be blown away.

But I looked upon this particular one as entertaining. Does enjoying it make me racist? Does enjoying Blazing Saddles make me racist?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #21
girasol

Some of the arguing was amusing to read but when I read about the whole keisha thing I knew there was a lot of fibbing going on. Oh well.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 AM   #22
Man In Room 5

I'm not sure it's about race actually. It's about culture and subculture. We have some black goths here and they are good long standing members.

I just finished reading Goth: Identity, Style and Subculture by Paul Hodkinson and he argued that goths usually identify themselves as goth before their race or sex. ie: a black goth thinks of himself as goth before thinking of himself as black or that he is a "goth who is black" rather than a "black goth" and given the choice between hanging out with white goths or black non-goths he will prefer to hang out with the white goths.

OTOH, Bonquisha has intentionally trolled a goth board with an image meant to clash as badly as possible with goth style, regardless of the color of her skin. In fact, as Pyre said, the photobucket accounts traced back to whites. She's just trying to shove cultural differences in our faces on a forum where many of us come to feel some sort of fellowship which many of us may not find offline.

I think that if Bonquisha really was what she pretends to be we could just write her off as another odd but acceptable member, but since it's obviously an act I think she's just here to rub stereotypcial differences in our faces. Like I said, I don't go to gangsta rap boards and rub their faces into the differences between our 2 stereotypes. I'm sure they wouldn't like it if I did.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #23
isobel black

Lakita was undeniably racist, but she was pretty funny nevertheless, and it was so obvious that is was just an act. I think that as the open minded and (basically) mature people most of us here are, we are entitled to enjoy a joke even if it is in bad taste. I personally didn't think it went too far.

As for Bonquisha, although it's obvious it's the same person, apart from her posturing I pretty much think she participates here in a normal manner. I don't know what she gets out of it, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 AM   #24
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I tend to ignore anything she posts; it's obvious trolling, and in a rather tasteless way.
You do realize that besides the odd time Bonquisha posted a pic or mentioned Lakita, she was posting posts that are at least twice as intelligent and thoughtful than yours, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIR5
I just finished reading Goth: Identity, Style and Subculture by Paul Hodkinson and he argued that goths usually identify themselves as goth before their race or sex. ie: a black goth thinks of himself as goth before thinking of himself as black or that he is a "goth who is black" rather than a "black goth" and given the choice between hanging out with white goths or black non-goths he will prefer to hang out with the white goths.
So because the people in your book take goth way too seriously we can't ever have a member pretend to be a person of another subculture.....?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #25
Sinjob

I really don't think this was a question or arugment of race, it was just some people trying to find a better way to spend their free time.

I think it's all quite amusing.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote