Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

View Poll Results: Do you Karaoke?
Hell no 6 42.86%
Hell yeah! 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #1
Soul_Immortal

Karaoke

I was thinking...dangerous as that may be...*cough*

What is your own personal Karaoke song? How many? Is there something you sing or dance or headbang to, that just gets the feeling-good juices flowing and takes your mind off of the suckish feeling of a rotten day? Would you sing it out loud? What songs describe the day you've had?....

I know, the above would have made too long of a title for this thread, so I had to be specific. :P

My answers:

"You're so vain" by Carly Simon, only one I can think of at the moment. Yes, "My Sharona" does the trick. Hell no,..unless I wanted it to rain. Today,...well the song that would best describe my day today would be "Seether" by Veruca Salt.

Next! :wink:

*Soul*
Old 05-26-2005, 12:23 AM   #2
pitseleh

I've only ever done the karaoke thing once, in a pub in England. And I have to say, I killed. No, really, it was fucking great - I did I've Got You Under My Skin. You know, the Frank Sinatra number. I like that one, cuz it swings nicely and is in a comfortable key.

But usually, I don't do karaoke. I sing when I'm alone, in the car for instance. A good catchy emo tune is always fun to sing, albeit slightly embarrasing. A guilty pleasure.

Oh, and also Crowds by Bauhaus is good to sing. Don't think you'd find it at a karaoke bar, though... Do they even have gothic karaoke nights anywhere?
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
WolfMoon

Well, if I had to choose a song, right now it would either be :

Alabama Song ~ Doors

.....Show me the way to the next whiskey bar..........

or

Roadhouse Blues ~ Doors

The future's uncertain and the end is always near..........

'Cuz you know "It's just been......one of those" months.

Fucking bleh!

:evil:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I've also only karaoked once (is that a verb?). It was at my old work's chrisstmas party. I sanfg 'Sweet Transvestite'. I did it sot hey could set upt he sound system corectly (Which sucked, because I had to restart in the middle of it).

But if I were to go out and deafen people (Not that I have a bad voice, but because having the words to look at messes me up), I'd go for something along the lines of Madonna's 'Beautiful Stranger', or 'Come on Eileen' by Dexy's Midnight Runners. Because Madonna's my current guilty pleasure, and 'Come on Eileen' is the song I wrote my first female/female slash fiction to.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #5
pitseleh

Dexy's! Wooo! Are cool.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:04 AM   #6
illuminatti

if i was to sing a song right now it would be:
cradle of filth _"no time to cry" or
marilyn manson_"wormboy"
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 03:40 AM   #7
skoteinh

When I was studying in London, every tuesday was karaoke night down at the student pub. I tried to convince my mates to sing with me "California Dreamin'", but to no avail.

I wouldn't dare to go up there on my own, even at a student pub, where everyone was pissed out of their heads. :oops:

Anyway, if I ever decide to "karaoke", I'd either do "California Dreamin'", or Van Morrison's "Moondance". I love this song, it reminds me of happy times in London....
Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Shemjazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatti
if i was to sing a song right now it would be:
cradle of filth _"no time to cry"
sorry to bitch, BUT THAT IS NOT A CRADLE SONG! that is a terrible cover of a wonderful sisters of mercy song. sorry. i try not to be a music nazi...
anyway, i love nick cave for singalongs, but i dont know if they have that at karaoke places... i need a fair few whiskys to get on stage....
Shemjazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #9
Jane13

Heh, at my friend's birthday party we kareoke'ed to show tunes... including but not limited to "Consider Yourself" from Oliver and "New York, New York"... I swear I was singing "I want ot be a part of it, NEW YORK, Nee-eew Yooork!" for a week 0.o It's sad because we don't even have intoxication as an excuse. At least it was inside her housee and the only witnesses were her brothers and our other friend.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #10
Disfunction

I kareoke'ed "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell... It was horrible. I can't sing that stuff. It was at some pool hall with some of my friends, and I refuse to ever do it again. Vocally, I should never be permitted near a microphone unless I've had a chance to a) rehearse, b) know the song and c) enjoy singing it. *sighs*

Don't ask why I did it, because if pressed for an answer, I tend to release spores that make you really confused and give you a sudden craving for twizzlers and a twix bar... but only one twix. Two is just crazy. You save it for later.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction

Don't ask why I did it, because if pressed for an answer, I tend to release spores that make you really confused and give you a sudden craving for twizzlers and a twix bar... but only one twix. Two is just crazy. You save it for later.
I want to be able to release spores on command..

How friggin cool would that be?

" Mom, can we stay up late and watch a movie tonight?? "

sSSssSssSSSsss ( Spores Releasing Noise )

BAM instantly Asleep!!

Or;

" Ma'm did you know you were exceeding the speed limit by 50 mph?? "

SsSSSsssSSsSSSsS

Thanks for playing officer.. Night Night..

It's brilliant and it makes me long for creepy superpowers like yours..

Maybe www.Sporevendor.com can help me...
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:50 AM   #12
Junk Bond Trader

I actually own a machine. But the best karaoke is with a band called the Otis Ball Karaoke Fun Band. They play alot locally. They play the backing music. You supply the vocals. Their playlist is rather interesting. Only good rock songs.
Junk Bond Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #13
Tall One In Black

No way would I EVER karaoke. I would never subject anyone to my excruciating voice. I don't even like to hear myself sing. I only sing alone in the car with the music up loud enough to drown myself out.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #14
.-MorbidDeadButterfly-.

I love singing, is my favorite hobbie...and I got into this singing classes and in a band
(that didnīt last, was childlish)...
so karaoke is good for me. Rigth now the song I would take would be Your sweet 666 from HIM, or something from Lacrimosa, in german.
.-MorbidDeadButterfly-. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #15
punkirony

Oh my freaking gosh...I Karaoke'd the song Creep, by Radiohead..and got 100 freakin' percent!!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:18 AM   #16
nonfatsuperjesus

Di-na-mo-humm by frank zappa and stinkfist by tool
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #17
Which_ones_Pink?

I've got such an awful voice,I hate hearing it, but when I've had a few drinks...
Tainted love (Soft Cell version) is a regular for me, and I've done Video killed the radio star, Together in electric dreams, Enter sandman and, a duet, Bring it all back by S club 7.

I'm gearing up to sing some of The Cure next time.
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:37 PM   #18
thetiesonyourcorset

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Oh my freaking gosh...I Karaoke'd the song Creep, by Radiohead..and got 100 freakin' percent!!
i love that song...i haven't sang that in karaoke in public but i have Vanbasco (this karaoke player on the pc) you can get it at: www.vanbasco.com

plus you can hear my version of it at: www.soundclick.com/naomibeck

even though it's bad quality!!

i love singing...i love karaoke! A Holiday for me has to include it,if it doesn't the holiday has to be interesting for me to like it!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote