Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #26
CptSternn

CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #27
Binkie

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:14 AM   #28
CptSternn

Old 06-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #29
Granny-like_the_apple

"Why does everyone always sing the praises of civil disobedience? What good did it do for Gandhi? He's dead. What the hell is civil disobedience anyway? You can add the word "civil" to any crime (and yes, protesting is a crime, or will be if I'm elected in office), and suddenly it has a positive connotation? What next, civil first degree felony with aggravated assault?"

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:52 AM   #30
CptSternn

Granny - with no civil disobedience, blacks would still be on the back of the bus, going to segragated schools, using COLORS ONLY toilets.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #31
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
Granny - with no civil disobedience, blacks would still be on the back of the bus, going to segragated schools, using COLORS ONLY toilets.
And women wouldn't have the right to vote.

Everyone wins!

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #32
CptSternn

Old 06-11-2005, 01:43 PM   #33
WolfMoon

I fail to see the hilarity in that cartoon, Stern. N.Korea has threatened us already so it stands to reason that they'd be next on the list.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 01:50 PM   #34
edible_eye

Old 06-12-2005, 06:16 PM   #35
CptSternn

Really? I must have missed that. When did N. Korea threaten to invade the us?

Old 06-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #36
AlKilyu

hahahaha I love how e_e just posts that dude pissin on inferior countries! :lol:
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #37
edible_eye

they're t-shirts. you can buy 'em here - http://www.politicallyerectshirts.com/index.html

as for the rest of this

and north korea never threatened to invade america, sternn - but they absolutely have been laying down threats regarding their nuclear program in murky regards to a bomb or two finding its way to our shores. you trying to tell me that if ira dissenters used the same vague wording in regards to gerry adams office, he wouldn't have a few 'lads' pay that someone a visit in the dead of night to chop him up into small pieces, especially if that person's kids were home to witness the whole event? what? is he getting soft in his old age?
Old 06-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #38
Morbideus

All of this about the "Showdown with N. Korea" is just posturing. North Korea is no threat to us. The leader of N. Korea is unwilling to back down to Bush, and he shouldn't have to.
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:21 PM   #39
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbideus
All of this about the "Showdown with N. Korea" is just posturing. North Korea is no threat to us. The leader of N. Korea is unwilling to back down to Bush, and he shouldn't have to.

Damn right!

He should continue to let his people starve to death, by the MILLIONS, kill countless others for the kind of shit CptSpermm accuses the US of...uses all the money for his own luxuries and their military...no he shouldn't have to back down from Bush.

He'll gladly take the food and medical supplies we donate, and money for disaster relief...but no, he should stand strong. Better yet, just to solidify his stance to Bush, he should pour MORE money into their military to show those evil Amer-oh fuck it I can't keep this up. Whata douchebag statement. You made a douchebag statement. I'll let you decide if the maker of such statements is in fact, a douchebag.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #40
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
You made a douchebag statement. I'll let you decide if the maker of such statements is in fact, a douchebag.
Fine, you are indeed a douchebag. (Your words, not mine)

Bush takes this "Leader of the Free World" bullshit too seriously. Having been labeled as part of the "Axis of Evil", whatsisname in Korea (not to mention everyone else) knows damn well that after invading Iraq (which I am in favor of) Bush intended to head to N. Korea. That is exactly why N. Korea stepped up it's nuclear program, to discourage an attack.

How the N. Korea leader/dictator whatever-the-hell he is treats his people is not our problem. There are many other countries on this planet who treat their people far worse.

I think Bush and the N.Korean guy should just put their dicks on a table, take measurements, and just go home. It's an Ego-fight, that's all it is.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:37 PM   #41
AlKilyu

Bullshit. Everytime some country can't get it's shit together, the world as a whole looks to the U.S. expecting us to come in and save the day.

Horrible attrocity in an African country? The many other countries will surely step in and help out. What's that? They don't have their shit together enough to barely run thrmselves?

Don't give me that shit that this is a Bush issue, Clinton said before we interviened in Bosina that the country had to strategic value, it was just the right thing to do.

You know what...I am not going to continue to pour any effort into this eurotrash way of thinking. No one takes responsibility for themselves anymore, and it's much easier (and trendier if you are in Europe or either of the coasts) to bash the U.S. and ignore any of the good we do.

Enjoy walllowing in sorrow and making broad accusations using overused cliches, and be one yourself, on top of being a douchebag.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:26 AM   #42
CptSternn

ally - really? I forgot the Iraqi's begging the us to come 'save them'. I mean, by their beahvior now, one might think that the us 'liberation' was unwanted? I mean, 1,701 dead and 12,000 permantely disabled americans - doesn't sound like a hardy welcome to me.

And the good? What good? Europe gives more money every year to impoverished nations that the us ever does. They also do so without any strings. Have you had the pleasure of watching Hotel Rwhanda? Grand film, where the yanks pulled out and left it to the French and Canadians to save millions from being slaughtered in civil war just a couple years ago. Most people didn't even know the americans were there, seeings how they ran away so quick before the fighting started.

The us only gets involved if their is financial gain to be had.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #43
edible_eye

two things i find funny -

1.) that morbideus puts in his / her two cents without even knowing the name of the country that has raised an entire generation with one, common goal - to hate america and to want to kill americans. it's practically the north korean mantra. and it's far from an ego fight. when vague threats are laid down to send nukes our way - that takes talk way outside the realm of ego and into the realm of... well... threat.

2.) that anyone would be surprised at how france and canada were unable to stop a slaughter of millions in a foreign land - when they couldn't even stop a slaughter on their home turf.

but of course - it's america's fault that the africans are just as savage as those in the middle east. if we'd stayed in rwanda and stopped the slaughter, we'd no doubt have been labeled just as "horrible" because we would have killed people on the other side.

is it just me or is this whole - america sucks if they do and america sucks if they don't - argument getting really old and tired?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #44
CptSternn

Old 06-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #45
edible_eye

Old 06-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #46
Binkie

Yeah, I'm so glad both Afghanistan and Iraq are just pouring money into our economy. Cause you know Afghanistan is the richest nation in the middle east, we're gonna make a shitload of money off of them. And that Iraqi oil, booya! Oh wait, nevermind... Afghanistan is dirt poor and we've been seeing a steady rise in the price of gas here since the invasion. But hey, we made billions off of the Tsunami relief operation! Wait a minute, we didn't get anything out of that either. Huh.

And as for Norther Korea, Kim Jong Ill is a major threat to the US, actually. On his birthday, DPRK news media reported that Kim shot 11 holes in one on his first try ever at golf! Come on! That's intimidating as hell.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 06-13-2005, 07:18 PM   #47
CptSternn

Oh, and first, Afghan natural gas is a big business. Search for it in google. Prior to invasion the Taliban shut down a few california companies from building a pipeline. Guess who is now building a multi billion dollar pipeline with the help of tax payermonies?

And more important - gas prices are only high, for you. Because under bush all the spending has devalued the dollar on the world market.

Between the end of February 2002 and the end of February 2004, the price of oil in dollars rose by 51% (from $20 a barrel in 2002 to more than $35 a barrel today), but it rose by only 4% in euros. Over the same two-year period, the value of the dollar plunged from 1.16 euros per dollar to 0.80 euros per dollar. In this situation, it is perfectly rational for foreign suppliers of oil to charge more in dollars to make up for the falling value of our currency.

Welcome to the vicious cycle
And this is where the vicious cycle kicks in. Every dollar increase in the price of a barrel of imported oil increases the size of the U.S. trade deficit, which puts more pressure on the value of the U.S. dollar, which leads to a weaker dollar, which makes OPEC countries want to raise the dollar-denominated price of a barrel of oil to make up for the dollar’s fall, and so on.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...car/P98745.asp

The irony being, the iraq war DID make more oil available, but now, the us is using twice the amount of oil (tanks and all the armor takes massive amounts of fuel), plus now importing more, and like it says - causing it to spend more. Once again, way to go pre-war planners.

All the time your prices raise a few cent here and there, we never really see it here as our currency is almost worth 50% more than the dollar. Remember, we are all metric, so we buy petrol by the litre, not the gallon. So first, if your gas prices go up 20 cent a gallon, ours goes up roughly 12 cent. Then, divide that by 4.5 (litres in a gallon) and your at a fraction of a cent. So our gas prices fluctuate merely a fraction of a cent while you see a 20 cent increase. We don't really see any increase until you see a 50 - 70 cent a gallon increase, and even then its merely a few cent to a majority of the rest of the world.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 PM   #48
Binkie

I love how you put up a quote from some article, then post a link to something entirely different.

Actually, the Iraqi oil industry is suffering right now. Why? It's in debt still to several Gulf states and to Russia and it took a major hit because of the war (just as our analysts calculated). If it ever stabalizes and focuses on hardcore exports, we can possibly hope for a dollar, maybe two, to be skimmed off each barrel. However, since Iraqi oil prices are controled by OPEC, that probably ain't gonna happen. Guess who gets most of Iraq's exported oil? Not the US. How about second in line? Nope. Looks like oil-hog countries such as China profited from our war more than we did. Especially since they didn't make the investments we did in "getting to it.".

S'good to know this war was about profit. Err... wait, it'll take at least a century and a half of oil sales at cheap prices coming out of Iraq before we earn back what we put into the Iraq War. Man, it would have been much more profitable to not go to war and to just continue purchasing oil through the UN program. Aw shucks. Well maybe since natural gas is "big business" in Afghanistan, maybe we'll profit there from those mediocre sales (I stress the word 'mediocre'). Ooops, that's right. They produce far less and it'll take just as long before we earn back what we put into that war. Oh well. So much for that theory. Next!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #49
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
I love how you put up a quote from some article, then post a link to something entirely different.

Actually, the Iraqi oil industry is suffering right now. Why? It's in debt still to several Gulf states and to Russia and it took a major hit because of the war (just as our analysts calculated). If it ever stabalizes and focuses on hardcore exports, we can possibly hope for a dollar, maybe two, to be skimmed off each barrel. However, since Iraqi oil prices are controled by OPEC, that probably ain't gonna happen. Guess who gets most of Iraq's exported oil? Not the US. How about second in line? Nope. Looks like oil-hog countries such as China profited from our war more than we did. Especially since they didn't make the investments we did in "getting to it.".

S'good to know this war was about profit. Err... wait, it'll take at least a century and a half of oil sales at cheap prices coming out of Iraq before we earn back what we put into the Iraq War. Man, it would have been much more profitable to not go to war and to just continue purchasing oil through the UN program. Aw shucks. Well maybe since natural gas is "big business" in Afghanistan, maybe we'll profit there from those mediocre sales (I stress the word 'mediocre'). Ooops, that's right. They produce far less and it'll take just as long before we earn back what we put into that war. Oh well. So much for that theory. Next!!!

hahahahahahaha

Just as I'd stop laughing about one paragraph, I'd start to read the other and lose it again.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #50
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
two things i find funny -

1.) that morbideus puts in his / her two cents without even knowing the name of the country that has raised an entire generation with one, common goal - to hate america and to want to kill americans.
Uh.... let me guess.... Putzistan?