Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
You're in denial. You weigh 110. Get the fuck to a hospital. Now.
110 is very light, but I think I just saw somewhere that OM is 5'4. If so, it doesn't sound like instant hospitalization is necessary.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
Serren

Hmm, at that weight and height you are at least 15% below what would be a minimal healthy weight for your height. With your diet you're almost certainly at risk of being malnourished, and I would be concerned that you may either have some sort of physical of psychological problem causing your weight to be so low.

Seeing your regular doctor would probably be a good starting point, I'd try and make sure you see them this week, I wouldn't necessarily go to the hospital tho as an emergency unless you feel really bad. It sounds like you have good plans to do so next week anyhow.

In the mean time I'd try and get some more multi vitamins. Some people who are underweight find eating small meals to start off with healthy. Eating breakfast is good, adding a small meal to start off with at lunch time and dinner time may be something else you could try doing in the mean time, sometimes things like soups, or toast can be good. Also eating fresh fruit and vegetables could help (they shouldn't leave you feeling too bloated), milk is also good if you are a vegetarian, a couple of glasses a day could give you a boost. Nuts are also good, they are a super food.

Certainly you can feel dizzy from not eating. It can also make u sleep too little or too much (most bodies need 1100 calories a day just to sleep properly), feel depressed, anxious ect.

Anyway I hope you feel better soon, let us know how you get on with the docs.

Serren.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #28
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serren View Post
Hmm, at that weight and height you are at least 15% below what would be a minimal healthy weight for your height. With your diet you're almost certainly at risk of being malnourished, and I would be concerned that you may either have some sort of physical of psychological problem causing your weight to be so low.

Seeing your regular doctor would probably be a good starting point, I'd try and make sure you see them this week, I wouldn't necessarily go to the hospital tho as an emergency unless you feel really bad. It sounds like you have good plans to do so next week anyhow.

In the mean time I'd try and get some more multi vitamins. Some people who are underweight find eating small meals to start off with healthy. Eating breakfast is good, adding a small meal to start off with at lunch time and dinner time may be something else you could try doing in the mean time, sometimes things like soups, or toast can be good. Also eating fresh fruit and vegetables could help (they shouldn't leave you feeling too bloated), milk is also good if you are a vegetarian, a couple of glasses a day could give you a boost. Nuts are also good, they are a super food.

Certainly you can feel dizzy from not eating. It can also make u sleep too little or too much (most bodies need 1100 calories a day just to sleep properly), feel depressed, anxious ect.

Anyway I hope you feel better soon, let us know how you get on with the docs.

Serren.
Thanks for the advice Serren, I will talk to a doctor or somebody like that for help and make an appointment. The words about calories frightened me. I imagine eating and becoming fat and slow. I hate the scale needle. I see 108 or 109
and I think FAT FAT FAT. I put on a smile and pretend I am not sad and disappointed so nobody knows.

They have no idea the struggle that is going on inside of me.
But I smile for them.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #29
honeythorn

Most of us have seen the pictures you once posted with no shirt, you don't have an ounce of fat on you. Your body NEEDS calories. And it actually does need certain types of fat to make it work properly. Eating foods with fat in them will not make you fat unless you sit on your backside all day eating constantly ( as I once did ) . Which you don't do.

Foods like nuts will give you good sorts of fat as mentioned before, and they also have a lot of calcium as well which is good for you. Keep a bag of brazilnuts or mixed nuts with you. They won't bloat you or fill you up, so you won't feel fat or ill after having some.

Just eat small healthy meals several times a day instead of trying to force down one big one and making yourself feel worse.

If you like making soup, make a big batch of vegetable soup and freeze small manegeable portions of it in tubs. Have a couple of portions a day.

I have a recipe for a vegetable soup that I really enjoy and it's piss easy to make, low fat too ( so you won't trigger any worries of getting fat ) , and I freeze portions of it to take to work. If you want the recipe let me know.

If you're looking at the scales and thinking your weight ( which is not enough for your height ) is too high when it is in fact too low, and see fat on your body where there is none, then you really ought to see someone who deals with food disorders.

That kind of thinking is often how things like anorexia and bullimia begin, seeing fat where there is none, thinking you're overweight when you're actually underweight. Seriously, get some help in that area.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #30
Serren

Hey again,

Hopefully your doc will be able to point you in the right direction for getting some help with those feelings.

It might help to think that really you don't have to put on a huge amount of weight very quickly, you can take your time and make small changes.

It might help as well to think about being 'healthier' and looking better, being stronger and not so tired all the time. Don't worry too much about calories if you can, just think about being 'healthy.'

Take care,

Serren.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #31
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
If you aren't eating three meals a day (or at least the equivalent) then chances are that you also aren't getting all of the nutrients that you need to function properly, vegetarians do need to watch that sort of thing since people are naturally designed to eat both meat and veggies and not all of the nutrients that we need are easily found in plants.
I read somewhere that the average omni lacks more essential nutrients than the average vegetarian, as he is consuming milk and eggs (I'm assuming he's lacto-ovo) if he were eating he'd get his B12, the only nutrient you can't get naturally from meat. Veggie foods like soy burgers and rice milk are also fortified up to the neck with nutrients.

Opteron, obviously your doctor should point you in the right direction but it might be easier for you if you ate small healthy "light" meals throughout the day, certain foods might make your stomach feel heavy and bloated.

My personal recommendation is to look for a rice cooker, and buy a bag of brown rice (not the instant shit). Check the bag of rice for the amount of water needed, and replace half of the water amount with coconut milk. I recommend a rice cooker just because you just flip the switch and it automatically shuts off when its done, makes it easy. If you can't find one boiling it in a pot should also work fine. Best rice you'll ever have. Rice is very good for you and the coconut milk gives it a great texture, also its very light so you won't feel heavy and bloated afterwards. Apple slices dunked in peanut butter also makes a great snack, as does pita bread toasted and dunked into tzatziki.

Overall I really recommend learning to cook everything from scratch, you really learn to enjoy food and you feel good about what you're eating, after the time and effort you put into it. I have a ton of tried recipes, so if you're interested just ask, let me know what kinds of food you do and don't like and I'll compile a list of links (I find them all online) and pm them to you.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #32
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I read somewhere that the average omni lacks more essential nutrients than the average vegetarian, as he is consuming milk and eggs (I'm assuming he's lacto-ovo) if he were eating he'd get his B12, the only nutrient you can't get naturally from meat. Veggie foods like soy burgers and rice milk are also fortified up to the neck with nutrients.

Opteron, obviously your doctor should point you in the right direction but it might be easier for you if you ate small healthy "light" meals throughout the day, certain foods might make your stomach feel heavy and bloated.

My personal recommendation is to look for a rice cooker, and buy a bag of brown rice (not the instant shit). Check the bag of rice for the amount of water needed, and replace half of the water amount with coconut milk. I recommend a rice cooker just because you just flip the switch and it automatically shuts off when its done, makes it easy. If you can't find one boiling it in a pot should also work fine. Best rice you'll ever have. Rice is very good for you and the coconut milk gives it a great texture, also its very light so you won't feel heavy and bloated afterwards. Apple slices dunked in peanut butter also makes a great snack, as does pita bread toasted and dunked into tzatziki.

Overall I really recommend learning to cook everything from scratch, you really learn to enjoy food and you feel good about what you're eating, after the time and effort you put into it. I have a ton of tried recipes, so if you're interested just ask, let me know what kinds of food you do and don't like and I'll compile a list of links (I find them all online) and pm them to you.

Saya, I am going to visit somebody TODAY and make an apointment to get help.
I am coming to terms with my anorexia. Many things are falling into place now that I realise that anorexia is what I am struggling with. Why I am so cold all the time, why I feel so weak, why I don't like to eat, why I need to loose weight.

I have been experimenting with cooking, and the experimenting is the fun part.
But I eat as little as I can. Rice is pretty good. My grandmother came here and she helped me make a rice and mushroom casserole.

I will try with all my power to snack on things. I am delighted to listen to your advice, and I am greatful that you are giving it to me.

I own a pressure cooker. An old aluminum bugger from the 1930's. I am just fiddling with things to cook in it.

Please, I am very interested in see your resipies you have.
I am a vegitarion, but the reason is probably linked to anorexia.
I may try meat again, but let me tell you, I am deathly afraid of fat.
The scary thing is, I have a need to be thin, and right now, I am not thin enough.
I run my hands over my body, and all I feel is FAT FAT FAT!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #33
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
It'd be great if you could provide some vegetarian only type recipes. I haven't really had much joy googling.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #34
Opteron_Man

I went back to school, I saw a counselor. She and I talked and I revealed my anorexia, my depression and my cutting. She offered me advice that I need to get help first with me, and if I went right back to class, that I won't get too far because it will fall apart the next wave of depression hits. As she got me to peel away the layers and reveal my problems, I had cried sitting in the chair.
She gave me some numbers to call. She was really nice and I thanked her over and over.
I apologized to the secretary and the instructor for being a bit rude, I feel bad I was a bit rude. The secretary accepted my apology. But there was a scrappy 30 year old dude, and followed me out into the hall and said to watch it, and not to do it again. He threatened me. I said "ok man" what could I say? I mean that is how things are dealt with, gruffness, and blood and fists. Mr. Tough Guy. I wasn't that rude with the two, I raised my voice a bit. They were telling me that I wouldn’t make it. That I am like the rest. The fucker wanted to beat me up.

Why does this asshole care? He feels like a bigger man for sticking up for them (people he probably doesn't even know) to me over what?
I hate people like that. They use tough talk and fists instead of reasoning.

I was in such a weakened state I just nodded to the bastard. I have met crazy scrappy guys like him, I never met him, but judging by his actions and words, I know his type. and that is all I need to know.

Anyways, I am going to call this number she gave me and make an appointment.
To help myself. To get better. Then go back to school in September.

I don't think I couldn't have done any of this with out the help I get here and by my personal friends.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #35
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
It'd be great if you could provide some vegetarian only type recipes. I haven't really had much joy googling.
Mir, I have a large stash of vegetarion and vegan cooking resipes.
I will share it with you if you want it. I need to open them up and take a good look and make something. I took a quick peek, and it looks like a nice collection of tasty resipes.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #36
Serren

Sorry about the scary guy. I hope all goes well with the number you call, I also hope you manage to get to see a physical doctor pretty soon, just to check you over.

Are you sure you really need to drop out of school right now? It may be an idea not to do anything too hasty just at the moment. You could maybe try and get to your classes whilst being in treatment, depending on what sort of treatment you get. You can always take a few weeks to decide.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #37
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir View Post
No problem, just give me a day or so to find them all, I don't bookmark them, just write them down. Because I'm smart like that XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #38
AngelikDemonik

Don't go to a hospital unless the you remain light-headed for a period of time or pass out.

Your gums are bleeding probably because you don't floss/are not getting enough nutrients. Try flossing twice a day.

I've dated men taller than you and thinner than you---My ex was 5'7 and 98 lbs. He had a VERY good appetite, his metabolism was just very high. Your problem is not your weight (as long you are all around healthy, which you don't seem to be).

Try taking in more protein, walking more, exercising more--RAISE YOUR METABOLISM.

However, none of us here on Gnet can diagnose you. Go to a doctor.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #39
Smells Like A Foot

Science has shown that if you post about an ailment on the Internet, it will always result in the worst possible outcome. See a doctor about your diabetes, bipolar disorder and stomach cancer, and consult with a lawyer about suing your ISP for negligence.
Smells Like A Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #40
girasol

Well,

you certainy look quite thin but I wouldn't say you were anorexic.
I know male and female bmis are supposed to be different but I am the same height as you and am 112 - I of course have extra bits but that is irrelevant -

A friend of mine has said he feels like he is stuffing his mouth and feels guilty after he has eaten - gradually he has been eating more and eating healthier - with all that not eating your stomach has probably shrunk to something tiny and you can't just start eating like a pig to be healthier...

if you ate smaller but more regaular meals... just anything you felt like... then you might get used to eating more on a regular basis.

it is best to not be all skin and bones. People who are healthy and have even a little bit of fat are cuddlier and warmer.
Just stick to whatever makes you feel comfortable. You don't look like you are going to die but if it has worried you then do something about it.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #41
Opteron_Man

When I was sitting in front of the counselor talking to her, she was really nice.
I felt like she was looking into my heart. She helped me alot, with the things she said. The way she treated me, she made me confortable enough to tell her what was wrong. She got me to explain the scars and slices on the back of my hand and wrist. Why I am so thin, nearly a skeliton in her chair.

I weighted myself WEEKS ago. So I am probably lighter now. I was 109 then. If I owned my own scale, I could weigh myself a few times a day and believe me, I would.

But my clothes conseal my bones. If I took off my pants and shirt and took a picture, then you would understand.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #42
Smells Like A Foot

I'm 97 pounds. Beat that, suckah!

Here's a tip for counseling, don't talk about the problems. Sounds backwards, yeah, but it sure as shit helps. My counselor and i used to sit around and smoke pot, watch sports and shit. Helped much more than the yappy bitches.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #43
Mir

Smoking pot also does wonders for your apetite, in addition to being an all round calming influence. Moderation is a word I have to throw out there as well, and only you know your body well enough to determine what is/isn't within the realms of moderation.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #44
Smells Like A Foot

Plus, you get AWESOME ideas when you're high.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #45
Mir

But, you're too lazy to actually record them. Maybe that's just me. One week of pot keeps my creative juices flowing for the ensuing three months of sobriety. Works real well for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #46
Mr E Nigma

This might be really helpful for you, and something a lot of people don't realize, that you would actually be better off, (once you can actually bring yourself to eating), eating 6 times a day, not full out meals. But say the first time you eat you do a bagel in the morning or a bowl of cereal, then around 10 have a piece of fruit, a banana or 2 apples or something, then around noon have a non meat sandwich, maybe a grilled cheese sandwich or something of the like, then around 3 have a poptart or snack on a bag of pretzels, then later on around 6 have a plate of pasta for dinner, like I read earlier that you had done, then around 8 or 9 grab some desert.

eating smaller portions around the clock instead of 2-3 big meals each day is guaranteed to keep your weight in check while still giving you the nourishment it obviously seems that you're not getting. When you eat those smaller portions like that, around the clock, your body's metabolism will increase and you'll digest things a bit faster and burn calories a bit quicker. It won't be an extremely huge difference, but maybe having a higher metabolism will help you not feel so scared to eat more food all the time.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 AM   #47
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
This might be really helpful for you, and something a lot of people don't realize, that you would actually be better off, (once you can actually bring yourself to eating), eating 6 times a day, not full out meals. But say the first time you eat you do a bagel in the morning or a bowl of cereal, then around 10 have a piece of fruit, a banana or 2 apples or something, then around noon have a non meat sandwich, maybe a grilled cheese sandwich or something of the like, then around 3 have a poptart or snack on a bag of pretzels, then later on around 6 have a plate of pasta for dinner, like I read earlier that you had done, then around 8 or 9 grab some desert.

eating smaller portions around the clock instead of 2-3 big meals each day is guaranteed to keep your weight in check while still giving you the nourishment it obviously seems that you're not getting. When you eat those smaller portions like that, around the clock, your body's metabolism will increase and you'll digest things a bit faster and burn calories a bit quicker. It won't be an extremely huge difference, but maybe having a higher metabolism will help you not feel so scared to eat more food all the time.
That is an interesting idea, thanks! I think it sounds like a good solution for most people. With that, I am terribly worried of the possibility of getting too fat.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #48
Opteron_Man

I am not well, and I am not going to move forward unless I get some help.
Maybe I could get some medication and work some of my demons out.
Today, I went to a mental health clinic and I signed myself in.
I admited with severe shame to him, my anorxia, my cutting, my suicidal thoughts, and my depression. I am in a fragile and bad state.
I am going to pull myself together, but I need help first.
Oh how I was ashamed when I walked out of there. Before I went there, I had left a resturaunt. So now I feel doubly ashamed.

You helped alot, your advice and all. I thank you all okay? From the bottem of my heart.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #49
Serren

Good luck OP. Getting involved with the mental health services can be very frightening but its almost always a change for the better (I have been under them for some time).

The only person who can really tell you whats 'wrong' with you is a trained psychiatrist or therapist, they may want to rule out other things before they decide you defiantly have anorexia. It sounds tho like you certainly have a lot of issues and I hope you manage to get them sorted out.

Today you made probably the hardest part of the journey. You deserve to get well, good luck.