Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #1
darkGoddess95

Talking How do you dress up like a true blue gothic girl?

I am new to the gothic community. And i am very interested in how other peoples' gothic dress sense. Please enlighten us. Through make up, dress, silver accessories,jewelry, etc.. Thanks!
darkGoddess95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
Still Jack

Cool

Drink bleach.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
oktoberschilde

Location: I have Flying Monkeys; And I am not afraid to use them!
In reply

My Childe,

First welcome; :: Evil Grin :: We have such sights to show you...
Second: You choose what your style is. It could be Victorian Steampunk, Bondage,Punk, or Post apocalyptic. Or any thing in between. The choice is yours. The whole idea of the movement is about expressing who you really are and finding the wonderful In things darkly. In my time; which stretches back a long way. I have been a Goth, since I was young and now am well... An Elder I guess. I have seen Goths that have toned it down to have real lives and those that never stopped with eccentricity. Truth is Baby Bat, life is short, so be whom you are. But try to come original if you can.

Try these links they are a great resource for some one looking for a look.

http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/

If anyone can do it "The LADY OF THE MANNERS", CAN. She is a sort of dear Abby for the dark at heart. Check out her on Youtube too. if not informative she is entertaining.

be sure to check her Klicky links for info. she is progressive as hell! Love that lady.

But remember only you know who and what you really are. You are your own work of art. becoming a Goth is a realization about life. not a Fad. And each of us has evolved within and without during or experience. I think I speak for the rest of us when i say that" We just can't wait to see your whom you will become."

That should be a good starting point. Have fun! Happy Halloween, and see you in the mists.

The Infamous: Mr. Oktober
oktoberschilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
carakitty

Wear what ever the fuck you want to kiddo!
Goth is about what is on the inside.

I appreciate the advise from the Lady Of Manners as well.

Go to clubs, look inside CD or record covers, watch videos by your favorite Goth bands on You Tube- draw the inspiration from what you see on all that.

Don't think that you have to go 'all out' to be Goth, or that you must shop at a specialty alternative clothing store to look good. There is much power in proper accessorizing!

Really, wear what you like and feel confident in. If you encounter another Goth who doesn't like it if you're dressed a certain way then you probably wouldn't want them as a close influence anyway.

Best wishes!
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Solumina

Um...Oktober goth isn't a movement, it is a musical genre and the subculture surrounding that music. Sure there are some associated fashions but they are by no means exclusive or a necessary part of the goth subculture and there may be some mindsets that are commonly shared among the subculture but again they are neither shared by all or exclusive to those in the subculture.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
darkGoddess95

Cool finding my identity

Thanks for your advice!!!

http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/ is a good site!!!

I will recommend this to other goth visitors.

How do I find my own style? Can anyone help me? I like dark gothic heavy metal music and dark dress with silver accessories. Is there any examples I can take a look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberschilde View Post
My Childe,

First welcome; :: Evil Grin :: We have such sights to show you...
Second: You choose what your style is. It could be Victorian Steampunk, Bondage,Punk, or Post apocalyptic. Or any thing in between. The choice is yours. The whole idea of the movement is about expressing who you really are and finding the wonderful In things darkly. In my time; which stretches back a long way. I have been a Goth, since I was young and now am well... An Elder I guess. I have seen Goths that have toned it down to have real lives and those that never stopped with eccentricity. Truth is Baby Bat, life is short, so be whom you are. But try to come original if you can.

Try these links they are a great resource for some one looking for a look.

http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/

If anyone can do it "The LADY OF THE MANNERS", CAN. She is a sort of dear Abby for the dark at heart. Check out her on Youtube too. if not informative she is entertaining.

be sure to check her Klicky links for info. she is progressive as hell! Love that lady.

But remember only you know who and what you really are. You are your own work of art. becoming a Goth is a realization about life. not a Fad. And each of us has evolved within and without during or experience. I think I speak for the rest of us when i say that" We just can't wait to see your whom you will become."

That should be a good starting point. Have fun! Happy Halloween, and see you in the mists.

The Infamous: Mr. Oktober
Old 10-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
darkGoddess95

Talking

Thank you for your reply.

I will wear what ever the fuck I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Wear what ever the fuck you want to kiddo!
Goth is about what is on the inside.

I appreciate the advise from the Lady Of Manners as well.

Go to clubs, look inside CD or record covers, watch videos by your favorite Goth bands on You Tube- draw the inspiration from what you see on all that.

Don't think that you have to go 'all out' to be Goth, or that you must shop at a specialty alternative clothing store to look good. There is much power in proper accessorizing!

Really, wear what you like and feel confident in. If you encounter another Goth who doesn't like it if you're dressed a certain way then you probably wouldn't want them as a close influence anyway.

Best wishes!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
carakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkGoddess95 View Post
Thanks for your advice!!!

http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/ is a good site!!!

I will recommend this to other goth visitors.

How do I find my own style? Can anyone help me? I like dark gothic heavy metal music and dark dress with silver accessories. Is there any examples I can take a look?
Did you ever make an intro? Knowing some basics about you might help us help you better, if we choose to do so. Until I know more about where you're coming from I really can't offer any more advise than what I have already. Embrace the DIY as much as you can. And remember that Goth is not only about music and dress but about a deeper culture. Immerse yourself in the Goth lifestyle as much as you can and if it's meant to bloom in you it will.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
SiouxsiePernova

"True Blue"? Isn't that the name of a Madonna album?
: P

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
remember that Goth is not only about music and dress but about a deeper culture.
Honestly that part of the subculture died decades ago, the music and some of the fashion is all that is left. There is no mindset and there is no lifestyle.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #11
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Honestly that part of the subculture died decades ago, the music and some of the fashion is all that is left. There is no mindset and there is no lifestyle.
Quoted for truth.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #12
Razeal18

Exclamation i disagree

Quote:
the bondage lifestyle (goth sex fiends) is still up and kicking and smaking and biteing and, and,.... i have to be alone for a little while now.....
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #13
Still Jack

Bondage has fuck all to to with goth. That's like saying sodomy was about being goth.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
Razeal18

Exclamation twat i cunt hear you lets finger it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Bondage has fuck all to to with goth. That's like saying sodomy was about being goth.
jack your earlier comment was funny this one is simply not true. You mean to tell me that there is nothing ornately goth with bondage? no similarities in fashion, music, macabre stories (granted they are more sexual) and a general dark intent? have you been laid by a goth girl? very painfull and pleasurable.
sodomy is sononamouse with gay ie rainbows kittens and a sunny medow not goth you picking up on this yet? o
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #15
SweetJane

Oh, fuck off, the punks started wearing bondage pants for the shock value early on, and they were mostly not involved with any kind of bdsm culture. You're implying that the two are interchangable and that's just assinine.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #16
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
jack your earlier comment was funny this one is simply not true. You mean to tell me that there is nothing ornately goth with bondage? no similarities in fashion, music, macabre stories (granted they are more sexual) and a general dark intent? have you been laid by a goth girl? very painfull and pleasurable.
sodomy is sononamouse with gay ie rainbows kittens and a sunny medow not goth you picking up on this yet? o
Darling,

No, just no. Sodomy is practiced by Homosexual and Heterosexual people depending on taste, some Homosexuals don't practice sodomy. You're stereotyping, outragiously.

BDSM is practiced by people across all subcultures and ages. Practicing BDSM doesn't make someone Goth and being Goth doesn't instantly mean that you love BDSM.
Obviously, you haven't been laid by enough Goth girls to know it's a stupid assumption.

There is a difference, mainly that BDSM is just an umbrella term for various sexual practices and Goth is a term for a genre of music/fashion. The reason they seem similiar is the whole "dark" aspect but then that would make a whole number of things Goth, for example genres of music like all the various metal genres.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #17
Razeal18

Quote:
honestly was generalizing but not that much. to reiterate in slightly more detail and do away with generalizations ... NO bondage scene and goth scene are not interchangeable, Yes the darker nature of the tween attract members of the other, NO this is not a Set in stone rule, in response to solumnias comment i was offering an alternative to the dead goth lifestlye and offering a surogate. granted i should have addressed that to jacks but its late i have not eaten and my mind wanders. that as well as i thought his analogy was erroneous. forgive me all whom were offended by this gross oversight, and we here at RAZcorp (tm) will do our best to ensure the clarity and quality you've come to enjoy for the past 3 dayes will continue -.- i'll be watching
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #18
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumVoid View Post

BDSM is practiced by people across all subcultures and ages. Practicing BDSM doesn't make someone Goth and being Goth doesn't instantly mean that you love BDSM.
Obviously, you haven't been laid by enough Goth girls to know it's a stupid assumption.

There is a difference, mainly that BDSM is just an umbrella term for various sexual practices and Goth is a term for a genre of music/fashion. The reason they seem similiar is the whole "dark" aspect but then that would make a whole number of things Goth, for example genres of music like all the various metal genres.
Exactly. Although some people partake in both subcultures, it still doesn't mean that there is any correlation between the two of them.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:34 AM   #19
CrimsonPythonidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
"True Blue"? Isn't that the name of a Madonna album?
: P
Ha ha! I don't know about Madonna but it reminds me of that John Williamson song ; D
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
creature6

so many may dress" Gothic" and wear all the shit that goes with it just to fit somewhere.
I don't think clothes and all the rest are what make you a Goth.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #21
creature6

http://www.fandmpublications.co.uk/pages/trueblue.jpg
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 AM   #22
vindicatedxjin

Creature i"ve missed you!!!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #23
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Creature i"ve missed you!!!
Nice to know.
i missed you too!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
vindicatedxjin

Where you been hiding on the interweb???

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #25
darkGoddess95

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
so many may dress" Gothic" and wear all the shit that goes with it just to fit somewhere.
I don't think clothes and all the rest are what make you a Goth.
yap, being a goth is about what is in your heart, it's in the mind. I think I will JUST BE MYSELF!