Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Alan

The fate of Mexico

It gets decided today.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
What are you hoping the outcome will be?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Alan

I really want Obrador to win but I'm feeling so negative about it.
real classy
Old 07-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
BourbonBoy

I can see why. The article I read about the election today only mentioned in brief how corrupt the PRI were when they were in power.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
AshleyO

So what the fuck happened??

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
BourbonBoy

This is the best I can find from this side of the Rio Grande.

"Pena Nieto promised a government "of national unity," but hasn't yet named any Cabinet choices.

"He also suggested he would seek further internal reforms of his party, which for most of its history followed presidential dictates unquestioningly and rigged votes if it could not win elections that were already tilted sharply in its favor. The party liberalized in its final two decades, but it remained steadfast in protecting its leaders and stonewalling on probes of corruption.

"Calderon was quick to recognize the PRI victory, and his party may serve as an ally in Congress in voting through some measures, such as Pena Nieto's call to open the state-owned oil sector to private investment. Pena Nieto told reporters Monday he would start working immediately on tax, energy and labor reforms, and would "sit down with the president (Calderon) ... to talk about what can be put forward before I take office" on Dec. 1."

Alan should be able to elaborate more on this, but from what I've read further down, things do not look good politically for Mexico.

For instance:

"Many Mexicans questioned why most pre-election polls underestimated support for Lopez Obrador by five or six percentage points, well outside those polls' margin of error. Lopez Obrador had claimed the polls were being manipulated, an accusation that accompanied frequent complaints that Pena Nieto was running a far more expensive campaign than his rivals."

Those are from the latest article. "Mexico's next president faces uphill fight"
http://news.**********/mexicos-next-...TgyMDA-;_ylv=3

More here:

"Leftist candidate won't concede Mexico presidency"
http://news.**********/leftist-candi...Dg0MTM-;_ylv=3

Mexican old guard leads, ruling party concedes
http://news.**********/mexican-old-g...zJjODM-;_ylv=3
Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
BourbonBoy

Sorry, those are yahoo links. Don't know why they kept blocking them out.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Renatus

What do you think of this report Alan? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VXtZ...hannel&list=UL

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Alan

Ugh, I don't like the Young Turks anymore. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
real classy
Old 07-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Alan

Please Like my comment in that link. I'm Bordermarxist.
real classy
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Renatus

Congrats on your top comment.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
Murder.Of.Crows

I've never liked TYT. I watched one video of theirs and walked away pissed, because they had no fucking idea what they were talking about.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #13
CptSternn

http://tinyurl.com/d9ekx33

Quote:
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Thousands of people rushed to stores to redeem pre-paid gift cards they said were given to them previously by the party that won Mexico's presidency, inflaming accusations that the weekend election was marred by widespread vote-buying.

At least a few cardholders were angry, complaining that they didn't get as much as promised or that their cards weren't working. Neighbors at one store in a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of Mexico City said the unusually large crowds prevented them from doing their daily shopping.

Some people shopping at the store said that they were told the cards would be valid only during the two days after Sunday's election and that they had waited to cash them in until Tuesday because the store was packed Monday.

Under Mexican election law, giving voters gifts is not a crime unless the gift is conditioned on a certain vote or meant to influence a vote. However, the cost of such gifts must be reported, and cannot exceed campaign spending limits. Violations are usually punished with fines, but generally aren't considered grounds for annulling an election.

Some of the people lined up to use gift cards said they got them for supporting the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, whose candidate Enrique Pena Nieto won Sunday's presidential election, according to the preliminary official vote count. Some wore red T-shirts and baseball caps or carried tote bags with Pena Nieto's name printed in white.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote