Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #201
rockandrose

I used to like No Doubt when they first started out, but now I'm forgotten about them.

Gwen Stefani is freaking HOT! Man, I don't care what people think, her songs may be pop but they're nice on the ears.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:02 AM   #202
Blushing Heliophobe

Gwen Stefani was my idol in high school. I loved how she was tough and girly at the same time - I blame her for my subsequent fashion disaster of wearing Dickies, wife-beaters, 50's hairdos, and red lipstick all at the same time. I admit I did it.

I don't consider her a sellout but I do miss the old kick-ass Gwen.

*sigh*
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:18 AM   #203
IlGato_DiDiablo

I lover her too! I think she's awesome...You know how at the MTV Music Awards or some event like that, how all those rappers and artists come in big cars like Bently's, Limousines, Benz whatever? Yeah she arrived there on a scooter! I thought that that was the most awesome thing I've ever heard...(Haven't seen it but my cousin did and told me)
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #204
She_Is_My_Sin

I liked her Queen of Hearts outfit in the first release from her solo album (forget it's name).Actually I liked quite a few of her outfits in that song.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #205
Iriacynthe

Damn, what's the name of that song again... Anyway, the outfits are lovely.
I think she has a pretty voice too, and 'don't speak' is still a great song. The dress she wore in that video is really cute too.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #206
peeves

I don't like when girls where ripped jeans with a nice clean cut top. They just don't go together, and I'm tiered of listening to them complain when the holes start getting bigger.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:39 AM   #207
succubus,queenofvampires

Recently,Avril Lavigne looks like an old lady.She dropped her punk image and is now wearing classy clothes.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #208
Sanctus Dei

Don't get me wrong I like Avril alright but it's about time she decided to grow up. The music sucks teen bubblegum pop hardcore ass and her necktie look was recockulous. It's good to hear she expanding herself... now she only has to learn how to sing.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #209
Sanctus Dei

Ohh I missed this... there are other people out there obsessed with Gwen Stefani's look!?? She's gorgeous! I can't say much for the music as of late but she is still entirely exquisite.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #210
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves
I don't like when girls where ripped jeans with a nice clean cut top. They just don't go together, and I'm tiered of listening to them complain when the holes start getting bigger.
I love a good pair of ripped jeans, preferably ones that have been purposely ripped, such as Tsubi jeans or White Suede.

In general, I'm a fan of a good pair of jeans. At the moment, I'm really into straight or skinny jeans. I'm just not really into the flares or cheap-ill looking jeans.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #211
Iriacynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves
I do like that look, I love wearing a pair of old, ripped trousers with a more classy top, if I would wear a ripped t-shirt with it it would look too trashy. I don't like the jeans that are already ripped when you buy them though, it usually looks fake.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #212
rockandrose

You can also get your jeans professionally ripped, if that makes sense.

I avoid Levis, as it doesn't compliment my ass. I do like Lee jeans.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 AM   #213
UltraNEO*

Eh? "Professionally ripped"

What the fuck!

How about you gimme yours... and i'll give you the designer look and throw scalpels and paint at them. I'll do it for free, of course... sender pays postage and packaging, to and from.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:14 AM   #214
Demonista_Ravenesque

I'm hating the *hardcore Punx* look, where kids have too many safety pins, ripped jeans, too much tartan and other stuff....and all they do is listen to Rancid.

Sigh...

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #215
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO*
Eh? "Professionally ripped"
You seriously have never heard of it?

Let say you own a pair of jeans that's worth $700, and you really think that it would look hot if it had a few ripped sections, but afraid to ruin it if you ripped it yourself. This is where you can get your jeans professionally ripped, without degrading the jeans to the point that it looks horrible and cheap.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:45 AM   #216
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
I'm hating the *hardcore Punx* look, where kids have too many safety pins, ripped jeans, too much tartan and other stuff....and all they do is listen to Rancid.

Sigh...
Usually, I find the youngsters who dress "punky" quite funny, as they can exaggerate the whole look, in which it can look pretty try hardish. Though, I don't mind some of the older men dressed punkish, who seemed to be still living in the era of the '70s.

Generally, I'm more keen in people who have their own style, that is; they're not a typical fashion conformist who looks like the girl sitting next to them.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:09 AM   #217
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
You seriously have never heard of it?

Let say you own a pair of jeans that's worth $700, and you really think that it would look hot if it had a few ripped sections, but afraid to ruin it if you ripped it yourself. This is where you can get your jeans professionally ripped, without degrading the jeans to the point that it looks horrible and cheap.
Yep, that's what i thought. Just thought it's a bit too extreme to be believable... having said that..

[off topic]
Some moron brought a Xbox360 box on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8236595474

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #218
winged_dreams

*is surprised at the moron who bought an empty box on ebay*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #219
Lady Ravenna

Wait...the box was empty or did it have them item in it...I'm confused.
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:57 AM   #220
WolfMoon

HAHAhahaha, Yo' mama's so stupid she bought an empty box on ebay!

There are a couple of costumers who come into the store that do real 'hawks, not those crappy faux-hawks(barf), and they make me drool for some reason.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #221
peeves

I have a friend with a mohawk, it looks awsome on him although he should probibly shave the rest of his head agian soon. But just like being bald, you have to have the right shaped head, and some people can pull off faux-hawks, but usually not if they're trying to go for a goth or punk look by doing so.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #222
Catch

The line between gothic and punk has always been iffy. Gothic and Punk stem from the same roots, so there is little surprise, for me.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #223
winged_dreams

The words on butts. It can be funny. A girl in highschool (skinnier then me) had a pair of shorts that said Wide Load. That was amusing but most of the time I think it's stupid. My eyes don't want to be drawn to your fat butt.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #224
Reject_Bunnies

(Speaking of fashion disasters)
What about the overly bleached white stripes that everybody in the world had to have on their jeans?
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote