Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:49 PM   #151
Breathless Horror

Layers of ripped fishnets leave some ventilation, though you still bake a little...

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 AM   #152
xphoenix

little t shirts.. really light cardigans, short skirts, thigh stockings..

cotton as much as possible..

its the glare that gets me more than the heat, I think. hmph.

at last it is rolling back into winter where I am, though.
xphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 AM   #153
xphoenix

oh, and parasols!

though I really only use them when I am in a group. The fear gets up me that I'll be yelled at.

Last summer I bought a big ruffled dusty pink parasol. I wanted black but they had none in stock. It was ridiculously sunny that day and the lady eventually convinced me with 'you'll be the prettiest goth!'
aha.

its gorgeous and DOES shout pretty goth, even when Im completely in black.
xphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #154
Wormboy

I'm already fearing the heatwave. It got to ninety degrees over here the other day, IT'S BARELY MAY! Fuck my life. So I think I'm going to have to find a black denim jacket, cut off the sleeves, stud and patch it (no cone studs sadly, I could buy some but seriously I have like six hundred pyramids that need some lovin.) So I'll have that, then I'll probably buy some large Dickies shorts and some combat boots. The hawk will be up when I can. Yeah, kinda punk this summer. Oh well, Goth in winter, Punk in summer :-P

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #155
GothicChristian

Haha! It's cooled down since I last posted in this thread, it was hot for about a week, but now it's really mild. I wore a thick turtleneck the other day and was rather comfortable. Darn that global warming!
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #156
Kristin

I hate summer. I never wear shorts, unless I'm swimming. Since I have 6 kids, that's inevitable. Plus, I was always a fish anyway, I love water. Hate the sun though. I had a couple of scares recently, had to get some skin sliced out of two spots in my back - pre-cancerous cells that could have turned into melanoma if my doctor hadn't caught them. So the sun is not my friend.

So I'll plan on wearing my leggings with a short skirt over them - it's a new look for me that I LOVE. And a gothy t-shirt. My favorites are my cream-colored AFI and my Jack Sparrow shirts. I'm going to order some Muse shirts soon.

I do not do swimming suits or tank tops. I have black shorts that look fine with a black t-shirt, with the added bonus that I can still wear my bra underneath. LOL I'll admit I have a decent rack, so regular bathing suits have never looked flattering on me, they have no support.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote