Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #101
twistedsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
Teeheee, using super glue on clothes.

I glued my fingers together last time I was working on my mono-goggle...damn, I need to buy one of those solder irons.

Iv'e never used it on a jacket though. <3 my sewing machine, even though I suck at it.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #102
Sanguine Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedsyn
What can you do?
Not much, Admittedly. But only because I have Extremely limited resources, And don't give me that bullshit about Diy being cheap, because just because it CAN be cheap, doesn't mean it WILL be cheap.

Sure, the materials aren't costly, but what about a sewing machine? (I don't own one) and we don't have any sewing needles in my house.
Sanguine Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #103
twistedsyn

heh well it just depends on what your doing...Thrift stores are a help, I don't spend much money on it..Hence, the basis of DIY...

Unless its something I am making that's complicated, or something I might try to sell later.

It CAN be cheap, just depends on your talent, not to make it LOOK cheap.

The sewing machine isn't mine, but they have them pretty cheap at thrift stores, or Walmart has them for 100 bucks. I still haven't learned how to use it , other then basic stitching.
My roommate makes expensive dresses by hand though no sewing machine, shes a fast hand sew. Sewing needles are less then 4 bucks at a CVS.......
Old 12-22-2008, 01:44 AM   #104
girasol

old fashioned horrible underwear on men.
gray or yellow socks.
skinny leg jeans on small but plump women.
tight white pants.
plastic thongs.
miniskirts on Alice...
pants too low on peoples backsides.
saggy jeans on tiny bum boys.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:15 AM   #105
Apathy's_Child

My major no-no is also my yes-yes. Whenever I see a girl in really high, uncomfortable looking shoes or boots, I instantly make the judgment that she's shallow and seeks the validation of the opposite sex (yeah, I know I'm an asshole for this. If it's any consolation, I judge guys who wear shit that looks uncomfortable too). However, having a serious shoe fetish (especially with boots), if the shoes are nice then I also get a boner.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 AM   #106
Elysiume

Quote:
I glued my fingers together last time I was working on my mono-goggle...damn, I need to buy one of those solder irons.
What is a mono-goggle?

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #107
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
You know where you are..right? Surrounded by goths...heh
Sorry, no...the answer is "surrounded by children."
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:32 AM   #108
Raptor

It's the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
Teeheee, using super glue on clothes.
Super glue is awesome. I always use it when I'm sewing because I'm too lazy to tie it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguine Heart
Sure, the materials aren't costly, but what about a sewing machine? (I don't own one) and we don't have any sewing needles in my house.
Buy a sewing needle...
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #109
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
It's the internet.

Super glue is awesome. I always use it when I'm sewing because I'm too lazy to tie it off.

Glad I'm not the only person who does that.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #110
maromi12d3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysiume
What is a mono-goggle?

Like one google for the eye. Think of mono glasses where it only covers the eye. I've never seen one before though, just a guess. ^__^
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #111
Elysiume

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromi12d3
Like one google for the eye. Think of mono glasses where it only covers the eye. I've never seen one before though, just a guess. ^__^
I was thinking along those lines. It was either going to be a goggle that only covers one eye, or one that covers both.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #112
twistedsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromi12d3

This is my Monogoggle I made...It was a regular goggle..but the otherside broke so i just use the one now..

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...88fbcfab0b.jpg

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...9477679011.jpg
Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #113
Sanguine Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Buy a sewing needle...

Ok, I'll just walk 35 miles through the desert to town so I can go to the nearest craft store...
Sanguine Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #114
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:

Ok, I'll just walk 35 miles through the desert to town so I can go to the nearest craft store...
Defensive?

Have you honestly never thought of getting any when it may have been convenient?

Don't go JUST for the needles.
Wait 'till you need something else you can get around there.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #115
Raptor

Supermarkets and even corner shops usually have needles, just get one next time you get food.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #116
girasol

Quote:
Not much, Admittedly. But only because I have Extremely limited resources, And don't give me that bullshit about Diy being cheap, because just because it CAN be cheap, doesn't mean it WILL be cheap.

You would only need to buy one once... I am sure even over a small period of time you would end up saving money if you made decent clothes.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #117
girasol

Quote:

Get some one to drive you. Maybe do it when you know they are going that way too for something else.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #118
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Whenever I see a girl in really high, uncomfortable looking shoes or boots, I instantly make the judgment that she's shallow and seeks the validation of the opposite sex

You know... quite a lot of girls probably find certain shoes just as appealing as you. They just don't get boners because they can't. Regardless of whether other people like them or not - sometimes you need to validate yourself for yourself. Who doesn't like to feel a little good when they look into the mirror? If someone is used to wearing high heels, 6" heels are quite comfortable. Especially because platform heels trick you. They don't feel as high as they look and in most cases they probably don't even put much pressure on your feet, ankles or legs. They make legs look more attractive, and often help people lose the height difference with very tall men/women. Also, with some outfits... you just can't wear sandals. You would look and feel like a retard. And just because someone likes to feel attractive and would appreciate if others did too... does not make them extremely shallow. If someone is not looking to pick up simply through their looks, but wants to dress to the 9s to an event... does that make them shallow?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #119
Cicero

90% of what people wear to clubs nowadays I would class as a 'no no'. Silly people.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:22 PM   #120
twistedsyn

I like high 3 inch platforms, not uncomfy at all.

I hate it when tall girls wear platforms. They tower over me =p

And then short girls wear platforms also heh Its hard enough for short guys being short, everyone wants to be taller then me
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #121
twistedsyn

Quote:

Through the desert? Where are you located? heh Im sure there is soothing in your town that has stuff. And there is always the internet.

Grocery stores or CVS stores sell needles...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #122
Opteron_Man

The only things I can think of are the following:
-smoking WHILE eating dinner
-wearing socks with sandles
-going overboard with drawing stuff on you face with eyeliner
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #123
Opteron_Man

Quote:
This is my Monogoggle I made...It was a regular goggle..but the otherside broke so i just use the one now..

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...88fbcfab0b.jpg

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...9477679011.jpg
I love your hat! I love it!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #124
twistedsyn

..Thanks. I loves it too.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #125
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
You know... quite a lot of girls probably find certain shoes just as appealing as you. They just don't get boners because they can't. Regardless of whether other people like them or not - sometimes you need to validate yourself for yourself. Who doesn't like to feel a little good when they look into the mirror? If someone is used to wearing high heels, 6" heels are quite comfortable. Especially because platform heels trick you. They don't feel as high as they look and in most cases they probably don't even put much pressure on your feet, ankles or legs. They make legs look more attractive, and often help people lose the height difference with very tall men/women. Also, with some outfits... you just can't wear sandals. You would look and feel like a retard. And just because someone likes to feel attractive and would appreciate if others did too... does not make them extremely shallow. If someone is not looking to pick up simply through their looks, but wants to dress to the 9s to an event... does that make them shallow?
No. I already acknowledged that I know I'm an asshole for this, but that I can't help judging people when I see them wearing something which looks uncomfortable. Of all the things to suffer for, fashion just doesn't seem worth it to me. Still, I'm aware that this isn't ALWAYS a fair assumption to make, and it's something I try to stop myself from doing.

However, I see that you chose to delete that part and lecture me as though I never said it. I do not require the sage musings of one who defends the act of validating oneself through appearance as though it were a virtue, thank you.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote