Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #151
maggot

Here, borrow my suit. You need it more than I. At the hands of Xnguela, the heat will obliterate you.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #152
bunnicula

Xnguela, maybe plain is a fashion statement. It's saying, "I don't care about fashion." or "I'm a blank slate." or something.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #153
bunnicula

Hmmm.... Maybe he's doing it to get us to say "I wonder why this kid does that?" In which case, it worked.
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #154
gruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnicula
maybe plain is a fashion statement. It's saying, "I don't care about fashion." or "I'm a blank slate."
He could be saying:"Look how Gothic I am by wearing all black,Oh I even cut those annoying tags off..so no color will ruin my blacky black attitude.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #155
Icarian Decoding

What's wrong with just wearing a bunch of same black clothes? Black is a really easy color to maintain. The only stains that stay are white, you don't have to wash them, they keep you warm in the winter, it looks good anytime of the year.

Besides, black shirts/shorts are the cheapest around here.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #156
Modesty1975

I wear a lot of bondage pants with 45-60 inch leg openings. Socks are knee highs with stripes (usually purple/black and red/black) shoes are black platform boots mid calf high, tops are anything offensive or just plain black.
Modesty1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #157
Modesty1975

I phrased everything like that. "Socks are..." "shoes are..." "tops are..." Tops are anything offensive meaning I wear a lot of vulgar tops that are offensive to certain religious sects or just everyone in general.
Modesty1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #158
Icarian Decoding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
It just seems really plain to me.

Just wondering why that would be his choice.

Not criticizing it, just curious.
Yeah, it may be plain, but who really needs to walk around wearing six tons of metal, and more colors then a rainbow? [/stereotye]
Old 04-03-2006, 07:33 AM   #159
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Forgive my ignorance, but what, exactly, is a bondage shirt? *dons asbestos greatcoat*
Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 AM   #160
Catch

If I were going to guess, I would say a shirt with leather/vinyl straps and some place to attach a leash.

Personally, my style is kind of old school punk with a cleaner edge. Generally stay away from torn t-shirts and like sweater/shirts with some kind of tasteful pattern. Dress it up, by wearing matching jewelery. Sometimes will go for really bright colors.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #161
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
If I were going to guess, I would say a shirt with leather/vinyl straps and some place to attach a leash.
Ah, I see. Thank you.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:23 AM   #162
Icarian Decoding

http://www.nocturnafashion.com/noctu...hirt%20new.jpg
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #163
IlGato_DiDiablo

Well, I used to be plain when getting dressed, I do that sometimes, but I do understand why Icarian does it. Sometimes some people don't want to express themselves through appearance. But he will get over it someday sooner or later.
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #164
Icarian Decoding

Sometimes it's just to blend in.
Sometimes it's showing expression through rebellion.
Sometimes it's just buying mass amounts of plain clothes, so you don't have to worry about what you're going to wear.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #165
gruel

I used to wear nothing except Black clothing 24/7(And I even cut the tags off my clothes..inside and out.). Not to appear more "Gothic",but to express a desire to unconform myself to the world.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #166
gruel

Quote:
Funny how you just made fun of that kid for doing the same thing, then.
um,I wasn't "making fun of him"...maybe he cuts the clothing tags off because it makes him feel like he's making a statement. He is and that's cool.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 PM   #167
maggot

Hahaha... You have such a kindhearted attitude today, Xnguela
Old 04-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #168
maggot

Sure. Let's go with that.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #169
Sanctus Dei

I'm excited... soon enough no more cooks clothing. I kind of agree with Xng, I'm not sure I understand why someone wouldn't want to express themselves through clothing, but I wouldn't assume wearing all black wasn't a form of expression in itself.

A friend of mine during highschool wore nothing but, and he also removed the tags from his clothing (his reason was to not be a roaming billboard for clothing companies). I never did think he was clever by any means but he was truely an individual. Now he writes for Game Informer..(and I'm jealous).
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #170
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
A friend of mine during highschool wore nothing but, and he also removed the tags from his clothing (his reason was to not be a roaming billboard for clothing companies).
Yep, gotta hate being turned into a walking billboard by cheesy logos! I never wear clothes with logos on, partly because they're usually ugly but mostly because I see far too many people dressed head-to-toe in obvious labels in an attempt to draw status from the brandname. It's really pathetic. I especially hate that Nike tick when it's plastered over the front of a sweater - it's as if the wearer is saying "look, I'm Nike approved! I'm cool!" *retches*

If I ever take up running I may purchase a pair of Nike trainers (or Adidas, or Reebok or whatever) but I'm never going to buy into the sportswear-as-fashion trend. *Scowls moodily* I'm in a ranting mood today, for some reason.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #171
Corpus_Draconis

Nike had to pay 1.5 million to the Fair Labour Association for conditions in sweatshops overseas. Guess what? They, and other large shoe companies, control the Fair Labour Association!

Plus is a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fine anyway.

--------
I want to get into the Victorian style of clothing. It's always appealed to me. Very elegant
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.

Last edited by Corpus_Draconis; 04-05-2006 at 10:10 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something...
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #172
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus_Draconis
Nike had to pay 1.5 million to the Fair Labour Association for conditions in sweatshops overseas. Guess what? They, and other large shoe companies, control the Fair Labour Association!

Plus is a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny fine anyway.

--------
I want to get into the Victorian style of clothing. It's always appealed to me. Very elegant
I wish I looked good in those victorian gowns. I just can't imagine myself wearing them. I'm into anything that makes me feel comfortable and umm THIN.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:49 PM   #173
Corpus_Draconis

I love the Victorian look, especially the parasol and lace and satin and velvet. I also have a wooden fan, but it's more oriental than Victorian.

Edit: Celtic is also frikkin cool. I want more celtic-type clothes.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #174
Sanctus Dei

I'm into tech/classic/japanese styles, um lace and leather with a delicate touch. But to do a lack of necessity I'm not much for hand held accessories anymore (but I still take my Gloomy Bear with me everywhere.)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:05 AM   #175
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
I have a Superman logo on my shirt today... Actually, it's a graphic, but I'm definitely advertising the coolness that is Superman.

Superhero to the X-TREME!
*grin* You know what I meant Xng! I'm not against any kind of advertising - I wear t-shirts with logos of bands I like on them, for instance. I also have a couple of Tim Burton shirts.

I just have a huge dislike of corporate branding getting plastered everywhere. It makes everything look so monotonous and cheap.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote