Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #76
dr1819

Unless one is permanently abusing their feet to the point of deformation (raw stupidity), there's nothing wrong with heels. Guys and girls have routinely worn heels throughout the world for more than 500 years. It's currently not considered in fashion for guys, but fashions change, and I know many men who wear heels regularly regardless of "fashion norms."

They create their own norms.

You should too.
dr1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #77
Kari

I have high heels, but I rarely use them, when I do wear them, I just do it for fashion, other than that it I wore then every day, I would twist both of my ankles,
Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 AM   #78
end.of.eternity

I like high heels. I'm very short girl, 157cm and heels make me look normal in lenght.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:34 AM   #79
vicious_highheels

Angry

I love highheels ...I mean ......I love "using" highheels.........
vicious_highheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 02:37 PM   #80
Persephone Hazard

When I was about eleven years old, I went shopping with my mother and saw a pair of three-inch-heeled ankle boots. She agreed to buy them for me, thinking that maybe once I realised how much they hurt I'd be put off heels forever.

By the time I was sixteen I owned twenty-eight pairs of stilettoes.

Now I've lost count, and I'm never seen dead in anything else.

Last edited by Persephone Hazard; 07-08-2006 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Wance oi add ay speel chucker...
Persephone Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #81
LittleMissTaxidermy

i always wear them. and if not heels, platforms or wedges. i'm actually 5'8, but i won't give up my 2.5 inch creepers or 3 inch heels for anything.
LittleMissTaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #82
insertwittyname

I wear heels when I feel like the outfit calls for it, though it kills my feet, and causes my boyfriend to bitch that I'm taller than him when I wear the super tall heels, but damn, I feel fine in them!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #83
honeythorn

sadly bieng 16 stone ( approx 224 pounds i believe) rules out any vague possibility of me wearing heels higher than 3 inches. the weight is too much and my legs and feet start to hurt like hell. still, i can always dream i suppose...
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #84
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
sadly bieng 16 stone ( approx 224 pounds i believe) rules out any vague possibility of me wearing heels higher than 3 inches. the weight is too much and my legs and feet start to hurt like hell. still, i can always dream i suppose...
My aunt says that heels make you reflexivly keep the muscles in your ass and the back of your thighs tighten and if you wear heels a lot that those muscles get used to the heels making them more toned and tighter while allowing you to wear heels longer. XD I've been wondering if it's true or not but I'm working on the concept by being my own lab monkey.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:31 PM   #85
Minyaliel

I would believe it, seeing as I've used high heels to dance/ act on stage for ages... I'm a couch potatoe, and still have nice legs and stuff because I wear stilettoes a lot. At least, I can't possibly figure out any other reason why my feet look like they do. I can't stand sports and nobody's ever seen me work out in a studio :P
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #86
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I love heels, although they would make me taller than my boyfriend, I would still wear them. I love them. They have nice way of making you look attractive.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #87
Shadow girl

I can't wear them because I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease especially from my knees down and if I wear shoes that aren't perfectly flat then I can't walk at all in them. But with flats I have no problem running or whatever. Still I wonder how can people walk in them with out hurting themselves.
Shadow girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #88
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I love heels, although they would make me taller than my boyfriend, I would still wear them. I love them. They have nice way of making you look attractive.
I'm as tall as my boyfriend when we are both barefoot, and I only sometimes wear heels around him because he has a napoleon complex. He hates being short so much that he will mope when I'm wearing shoes that are taller than usual. ^.^ It's fun just to hear them gripe neh?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:39 PM   #89
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow girl
I can't wear them because I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease especially from my knees down and if I wear shoes that aren't perfectly flat then I can't walk at all in them. But with flats I have no problem running or whatever. Still I wonder how can people walk in them with out hurting themselves.

How to walk in heels:

1) Tip toe through the tulips. Don't walk on your heels, walk on your toes.
2) Put one foot in front of the other. Walk in a straight line.
3) Small steps, doesn't look good to have big steps. Very bad at it though -.-' I'm very impatient.
4) No such thing as running and walking fast in heels!!! T.T
Old 08-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #90
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
I'm as tall as my boyfriend when we are both barefoot, and I only sometimes wear heels around him because he has a napoleon complex. He hates being short so much that he will mope when I'm wearing shoes that are taller than usual. ^.^ It's fun just to hear them gripe neh?
thats kind of messed up, poor guy.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:27 AM   #91
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
It is fun to hear them gripe.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #92
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside_Existance
I only wear heels once in a while so it's a once a week or two thing. But not anymore! I just got some really cute boots from Walmart that were completely unexpected! $17 for a pair of black zip and lace up boots that are a very thick 2 1/2 inch heel with lots of shiny silver metal. =^.^= Brand is "no boundaries."
Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #93
insertwittyname

Quote:

... ... ... *third look at icon and sig* ... ... ... !!!!!!!!!! Dear God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just gave me a heart attack!!! Is that you, said bf?
Old 08-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #94
Outside_Existance

Quote:
... ... ... *third look at icon and sig* ... ... ... !!!!!!!!!! Dear God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just gave me a heart attack!!! Is that you, said bf?
wtf are you talking about?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #95
insertwittyname

Quote:
wtf are you talking about?
I love you. =^.^= Don't worry, I only wear my heels sometimes and your boots should take the brunt of it if I step on your feet.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #96
Outside_Existance

Quote:
I love you. =^.^= Don't worry, I only wear my heels sometimes and your boots should take the brunt of it if I step on your feet.
Meanie! Well i love you too. This is a public forum. So lets leave our conversations over an IM or in person.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #97
Shadow girl

Quote:
How to walk in heels:

1) Tip toe through the tulips. Don't walk on your heels, walk on your toes.
2) Put one foot in front of the other. Walk in a straight line.
3) Small steps, doesn't look good to have big steps. Very bad at it though -.-' I'm very impatient.
4) No such thing as running and walking fast in heels!!! T.T

Thanks for the advice but I don't like heels and I can't walk that way my CMT keeps me from standing like that much less walk. If I wear so much as a shoe with the square on the back my legs just give out on me. But thanks anyway.
Shadow girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #98
Mikhailia

This may jsut be me, I admit I did not read every post, but I won't wear a shoe that isn't platform and at least, least three inches high... I walked five miles in a pair once... Granted I never did it again (started out to fast in new exercise routine).

But this sounds really stupid... I get all my shoes at Salvation Army, Goodwill, or Gabriel's... The cheap shops... Second hand shops usually get really nice platform-ish shoes, because they are old. I

smear some black wax on them, like, a thin layer of melted in the deep scuffs in the backs and toes, and sometiimes the sides, then I use a old fashioned polishing kit to blend the whole thing, and I have a nice pair of shoes... If you get really good at it, you can almost create patent leather looks... I um... I'm really damn poor...
Mikhailia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #99
Solumina

[quote=insertwittyname]No such thing as running and walking fast in heels!!!/QUOTE]

Sure there is you just have to know how to run on the balls of your feet and not use your heel. I happen to believe that you should not be allowed to wear shoes that inhibit the way you move (because of this belief my friend made me go through an obstacle course in 5in stilettos)
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #100
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhailia
This may jsut be me, I admit I did not read every post, but I won't wear a shoe that isn't platform and at least, least three inches high... I walked five miles in a pair once... Granted I never did it again (started out to fast in new exercise routine).

But this sounds really stupid... I get all my shoes at Salvation Army, Goodwill, or Gabriel's... The cheap shops... Second hand shops usually get really nice platform-ish shoes, because they are old. I

smear some black wax on them, like, a thin layer of melted in the deep scuffs in the backs and toes, and sometiimes the sides, then I use a old fashioned polishing kit to blend the whole thing, and I have a nice pair of shoes... If you get really good at it, you can almost create patent leather looks... I um... I'm really damn poor...
that's fine, at least you aren't like a wannabe ex friend of mine who will only shop at hot topic for anything that's not a pair of socks.