Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #26
Oubliette

what's the pain factor?

"Can't we all just get a bong?"-Wolfie-
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #27
chelseagirl

I won't lie, the pain factor is quite high. Not at all painfull really for the first 2 to 3 treatments, but when they start turning up the machine to higher levels around treatment 3 and 4, it gets pretty painful. I couldn't imagine how much it would hurt without the numbing cream they put on me beforehand. BUT, even though it is a pretty intense pain, it only lasts for the quick second of the pulse of the machine, then it's completely gone (well, until the next pulse). The whole treatment only lasted about 15 minutes for me. Really, it's like a tattoo...the pain is very worth in in the end.
chelseagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #28
Oubliette

my flesh is inkless, but the pain does sound very worth it.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #29
Morrigan_Dubh

It was 'permanent laser hair removal done "down there".', wasn't it?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #30
Oubliette

yeah ...it's cool though, we still love Xng.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #31
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette
yeah ...it's cool though, we still love Xng.
Of course... no disrespect intended.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #32
Oubliette

I'm the master of dumb xng, don't feel bad.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #33
NyQuil of Doom

I kind of cycle between shaving everything that's below my neck (I'm not a hairy girl, but I've got very dark hair) and only shaving my legs, armpits, and "down there". I do my arms more often in the summer when I'm less likely to be wearing sleeves that cover them, but fortunately my arm hair is quite fine.

Oh, and occasionally I've got to shave my big toes... I've got Hobbit toes. Bah.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #34
succubus,queenofvampires

I wax my legs and armpits but have recently started shaving my armpits since I'm thinking of having permanent laser done on them during Easter vacation.

Last summer, I went to get my bikini line waxed,as soon as she started I hurt so much that I had to stop! *turns crimson red in color*
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #35
roserougesang

One question, I have a small amount of hair between my breasts and was wondering the best way to get it removed. I must seem to notice it more than anyone but it is annoying me a lot. Would waxing work? Any ideas?
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #36
Virulent Dryad

Waxing could work, depending on the length of the hairs. Hair removing cream perhaps?
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:10 PM   #37
Queenofdarkness57

I wax my legs and armpits. My mom is in this field so she forbids me to shave for the reasons Xng already mentioned, but I am going to undergo hair laser removal in a month. About the "down there" issue, doesn't removing all the pubic hair cause vaginal infections?
Old 04-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #38
Virulent Dryad

Well how much would you remove otherwise? I don't think it causes infections, I could be wrong, but I know that the hair is there for lubrication so getting wet naturally ain't gonna be easy.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 04-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #39
succubus,queenofvampires

Really? I didn't know that!
How does it help in lubrication?

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #40
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virulent Dryad
Well how much would you remove otherwise? I don't think it causes infections, I could be wrong, but I know that the hair is there for lubrication so getting wet naturally ain't gonna be easy.
I highly doubt that.

Actually, it's there because of the pheromones. It's a sweaty area, just like your armpits, and the pheromones excreted with the sweat sticks to the hair, thus making you more attractive to the opposite sex.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #41
Virulent Dryad

Well the prevailing theory on the purpose of pubic hair is that pheromones - scents that the body produces that can be sexually stimulating to others - are trapped in the pubic hair when apocrine glands release an odorless secretion on the surface of the skin. Which basically creates a lubrication to remove the scientific mumbo-jumbo. Pheromones are detected subconsciously, though sometimes it is noticeable.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #42
succubus,queenofvampires

So, if what you said were true, then do guys prefer a hairy pussy to a "bald" one?

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
Old 04-30-2006, 01:20 PM   #43
Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
So, if what you said were true, then do guys prefer a hairy pussy to a "bald" one?
depends on the guy of course, but for me, a bald one is more lickable.

And besides, pheromones are pretty smelly when there is too much of it... so the girl has to wash everytime someone wants to go down of her...
Old 04-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #44
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
Considering most guys don't know that, it would depend on what feels better to them.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #45
succubus,queenofvampires

Yeah, I find a hairy one pretty disgusting!
I've heard that guys prefer bald ones, too.

Old 04-30-2006, 05:35 PM   #46
Paper_Wings

Does anyone shave thier eyebrows. I'm not trieing to be weird. Just curious...
Old 04-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #47
WizardElement5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels
depends on the guy of course, but for me, a bald one is more lickable.

And besides, pheromones are pretty smelly when there is too much of it... so the girl has to wash everytime someone wants to go down of her...
I concur - absolutely no hair! I don't like hairs stuck between my teeth when I'm kissing my beloved.
WizardElement5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #48
Solumina

I really don't care as long as she at least trims it, I would rather be with a girl that has some hair and be comfortable with it than a girl thats bald and is uncomfortable.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:04 AM   #49
Deviant Kitten

My guy loves it when I shave down there. I've gotta admit it does look nice all smooth and bare - I'm thinking of getting permanent laser removal done so that I don't have to deal with the prickly regrowth! Actually, I want laser hair removal pretty much everywhere, if I can ever save up for it. As I've mentioned on here before, my pale skin + dark hair = ick!

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #50
Iriacynthe

I actually don't like being completely bald you-know-where, I think it looks like you're a small child. My boyfriend doesn't have to shave either, having sex with an 8-year-old isn't an idea that turns me on. Trimming is good, but shaving? No thanks.

I do shave my armpits regularly, lots of hair on your armpits doesn't look attractive to me. In summer I do shave my legs, but in fact I don't really care about a little bit of hair on your legs, as long as you don't look like a monkey. I always wondered why girls are considered gross when they don't shave their legs and guys are considered gay when they do shave them, guys usually have a lot more hair there than girls.

I have hobbit-toes too, thank God for waxing.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote