Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: what kind of eye liner do you use?
liquid 3 20.00%
stick 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #151
Solumina

well I don't know if this will work for you but you can try just getting the lightest foundation that the store has and then instead of using regular powder use baby powder
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 AM   #152
Emerald

For liquid eyeliner application hold the skin of the eyelid taught with onhe hand and with the brush in the other rest your hand on your cheek and apply it in one smooth sweeping motion from the inner to the outer corner of your eye
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #153
insertwittyname

Apply a tiny bit of lotion to your upper eyelids and then apply eyeshadow to make sure it doesn't just fall off, lotion causes the powder to stay while making the color brighter. Then apply eyeliner.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #154
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I don't use foundation. But I do use eyeliner. I use Covergirl Perfect Point Plus crayon eyeliner. I also use eyeshadow and lipstick. I use Maybelline eyeshadow; color known as nightsky. Then I use Revlon for lipstick. Use a moisturizing lipstick, I know they sell them, so that way you don't have to use a ton of chapstick to keep your lips from chapping. Use a dark red. Or maybe a dark berry color. I always put eyeliner on the bottom of my eye. A lot of it. You can see my icon how I do it. It's fun. But that's all I do.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #155
sparklekittie

I wear whatever coloured eyeshadow I feel like at the time (usually dark green, black, bubblegum pink or plum) with a slick of liquid eyeliner on my top lid (I love maybelline's waterproof stuff, stays on all day) and on the bottom, either red, blue, black or green pencil/crayon and I only line the outer 3rd of my bottom eyelid. and mascara. top and bottom lashes.
I dont usually wear lippy, coz my lips tend to speak for themselves, so I tend to do up my eyes more.
sparklekittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #156
insertwittyname

I use liquid eyeliner and do feather strokes on the corner of one eye or more bold ones with red eyeshadow around it. I normallly use green or purple eyeshadow. Sometimes white. I wear dark red or purple lipstick.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #157
Outside_Existance

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertwittyname
I use liquid eyeliner and do feather strokes on the corner of one eye or more bold ones with red eyeshadow around it. I normallly use green or purple eyeshadow. Sometimes white. I wear dark red or purple lipstick.
someone put those "feather strokes" on me once. i, as a male, wanted to draw blood. i felt humilated and slightly gay.
Outside_Existance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #158
insertwittyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside_Existance
someone put those "feather strokes" on me once. i, as a male, wanted to draw blood. i felt humilated and slightly gay.
maybe because men have already called you a chick already? seriously, the feathered eyeliner works only on some men. some pencil eyeliner would work better on you, if done correctly your browline, you know, the ridge above your eyes that are at the bottom of your eyebrows that you guys have that is more defined? your "browline" could be better asentuated. *sp i know, don't say look it up in the dictionary because hell, if you can't spell it how can you find it?*
Old 08-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #159
Outside_Existance

Quote:
maybe because men have already called you a chick already? seriously, the feathered eyeliner works only on some men. some pencil eyeliner would work better on you, if done correctly your browline, you know, the ridge above your eyes that are at the bottom of your eyebrows that you guys have that is more defined? your "browline" could be better asentuated. *sp i know, don't say look it up in the dictionary because hell, if you can't spell it how can you find it?*
show me :P
Old 08-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #160
insertwittyname

Quote:
show me :P
was that an invitation to play with make-up on you? hehehe...
Old 08-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #161
Outside_Existance

What makeup would you put on me exactly?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #162
insertwittyname

Quote:
What makeup would you put on me exactly?
just some black eyepencil, maybe some black/grey eyeshadow blended into the eyeliner.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #163
Outside_Existance

Quote:
just some black eyepencil, maybe some black/grey eyeshadow blended into the eyeliner.
Just because i have better hair than all girls and i have the hot bod to pull off a girl doesnt mean every girl should try to turn me into a girl!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 12:35 PM   #164
honeythorn

i use MAC foundation in shade 15 ( the palest) i tried for about 3 years to find a reasonably priced pale foundation. no luck. so i decided to go with an UNreasonably priced one. it's £18!!! ( at a guess around $25?) so it aint cheap , but it is good stuff .

i top that off with Rimmel hide the blemish concealer ( palest shade) and rimmel stay matte ( i think ) pressed powder in translucent.

as for eyes, i line both top and bottom with Benefit pressed eyeliner . it's called Babe Cake. it looks like an eyeshadow duo, but it is eyeliner. one half is brown , the other is black. theres also a little mirror in the lid. All you need is a steady hand, a pot of water and a small thin paintbrush ( preferably not a used one!). you just dip the brush in the water and swish it over the eyeliner pallette a few times to coat the brush well. then you do your design/line. i've had mine for almost a year, i use it every day and at weekend evenings, and i still havent run out ( i give it another three months or so) i only use pencil for the inner lower rim of my eyes.

Again, it's not cheap, £15 ($20?) but like i say, it lasts forever

i rarely wear lipstick, i think my lips are just the wrong shape to carry it off . i would love to though.

eyeshadow? well, i wear MAC loose powder pigment shadow in violet, it's a gorgeous metallic pale purple.(£15) i also use a cream eyepaint by MAC called flammable. it comes in a very small tube ( about as big as my little finger) and is a glorious deep red. it doesnt smudge at all when it comes to facial oil/greasy skin ( which i have) but it blends really well. you only need a small amount on your finger to do an entire eye ( if you want an entireley red eyelid that is) it's £12 ($15?)

i also wear shadows by urban decay, bodyshop, bourgois and barryM dazzledusts(shiny shiny glittery dusts!!!!) virgin vie do an excellent black eyeshadow that i've found creases a lot less than others, and stays on longer.

one of my favourite colours in eyeshadow is a peacock/emerald green. some people cant get away with this colour but i think i'm one of the lucky ones! i love purples, black, deep red and metallic silver/greys too. i was thinking of experimenting with kind of metallic deep chocolate/purply brown too.

it really does pay you to use the best you can afford. i've used a lot of cheap makeup in my time, and it really can look terrible with even the best efforts. it's a good job i have a full time job now otherwise i'd have to walk around with a balaclava on!!!!! i have acne so i have to be really careful what i use on my skin.

anyway toodle pip for now.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:06 PM   #165
Minyaliel

Argh, foundation has always been my problem aswell, like some others in this thread my skin is so pale it seems milky white in normal daylight. For some time, I used (obs: expensive!) the palest shade of an Elizabeth Arden foundation, but even that (with baby powder on top) gave too much of a contrast to my skin tone on the rest of my body. It's absolutely hopeless - I'm starting to give up :P I welcome _any_ ideas, starting to get a little desperate...

At the time being, I only use minimal make- up; a combination of two eyeshades, usually a light grey with a blueish tinge and purple well blended into each other, a very thin line of liquid black eyeliner just on the last half of my lids which I allow to go in a short line accentuating the shape of my eyes and a little bit of clear lip gloss, and, if I feel like it, some light rouge to show off my high cheekbones.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #166
insertwittyname

Gah. I've never used foundation in my life. I have to depend on my mother to buy me makeup since I'm 15 without a job. And I have freckles. Many of them, though I think that the way they cluster makes my face prettier than it is and they hide my acne and scars from popping everything. Two reasons why I don't use foundation.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #167
Shi'ark

I’ve never put make up on before so what will look good with this face?

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...gAnch=imgAnch1
Old 08-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #168
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi'ark
I’ve never put make up on before so what will look good with this face?

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...gAnch=imgAnch1
Ooh, handsome!

If you want to use make- up, I'd recommend that you only use some grey on your eyelids and a black pencil eyeliner (keep it sharp at all times, else you'll end up looking like a panda bear and that wouldn't be nice...)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 08-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #169
insertwittyname

Anyone know of a cool way to make the puffiness under your eyes go away?
Old 08-11-2006, 07:06 AM   #170
Minyaliel

Quote:
Anyone know of a cool way to make the puffiness under your eyes go away?
Ice cubes! *grin* It's umm... cool, and it works. Or, just drink lots of water, eat healthily and get lots of sleep
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 08-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #171
insertwittyname

i never get enough sleep. >.< in 8th I got neumonia *sp* they said. though i just slept for 11 hours a day and read for the entire time and felt fine. i was taken to the doctor after i almost fainted in pe. when they took blood from me, the real problem was i had a extreme lack of white blood cells. found out my lack of sleep seriously kills me.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #172
Outside_Existance

Quote:
i never get enough sleep. >.< in 8th I got neumonia *sp* they said. though i just slept for 11 hours a day and read for the entire time and felt fine. i was taken to the doctor after i almost fainted in pe. when they took blood from me, the real problem was i had a extreme lack of white blood cells. found out my lack of sleep seriously kills me.

if you dont want me to wake you up in the moring just tell me =/
Old 08-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #173
insertwittyname

Quote:
if you dont want me to wake you up in the moring just tell me =/
how about this. you call, and talk on phone, and not expect a reply as i fall back asleep to your voice?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #174
Outside_Existance

Quote:
how about this. you call, and talk on phone, and not expect a reply as i fall back asleep to your voice?

how bout i call you and listen to green bird until you finially wake, u hate that song and its one of my favorites, works out great.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #175
insertwittyname

Quote:
how bout i call you and listen to green bird until you finially wake, u hate that song and its one of my favorites, works out great.
gah that song makes me think of the most depressing things in my life and can make me cry really easy if i'm not bitching about it to get you to reply so i can get my mind focused on what you're saying instead.