Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
Jakadi

Hot Topic

Hot Topic:Ok or not?
What do you all think of kids saying there goth and were shit from Hot Topic?
My opinion is,I think its ok as long as they have the right shit from HT.
The little skinny pants....no.
The little My Chemical Romance fitted "T's"...NO!
But like the big guy pants on girl...I think thats ok...
What do you think?
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Disfunction

Similar thread has been done. It's a controversial topic that will end up making a lot of people bicker needlessly over such a trivial concept. If they can't be bothered to make their own clothes, and design their own tshirts, let them wander to Hot Topic.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
CrYinG_in_Th3_ran3

Ok from different points of veiw maybe ur right
I think that anyone who walks into hot topic wit a cherry cheek face
and goes and looks at my chemical romance and the new green day shit
is so full of it... i mean really... oh but the little statement about the huge pants on a girl now that's just wrong... fashion is attitude .... well at least 50% of the time..

By the way has anyone noticed how all of a sudden everyone is like going emo or punk or skater or goth... wat is it with this change??? someone help me out...
CrYinG_in_Th3_ran3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
(-$|N-)

Personally I like some of the styles they have there, except it just seems like if you want to be the mainstream then thats the place, because almost everyone can get the identical stuff you get. So most of my stuff comes from stores that you would not expect to find stuff to suit you. Like I shop at department stores for that fact that it costs me nothing and its kinda rare to find people wearing the exact same thing you are. About the change, its due to the fact that they have shows on mtv that feature some punk/goth stuff because someone stupid most likely complained that there was nothing for them.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:55 PM   #5
cyberJade

Heyyyy! I happen to like skinny tight pants and fitted tops...

Hot Topic rarely has anything that I like, but I never buy it.

I prefer to be more creative and search for better stuff.
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:13 PM   #6
Sarkphagos

Isn't 'goth' about being original? Or I could be wrong...

I tend to either make my own clothing or wear hand-me-downs. Occasionally, I have bought a t-shirt there. If one keeps it for a year, it goes out of style and that works pretty well. Sometimes, I'll buy something and then heavily alter it.
Yes, there is nothing more mortifying than seeing someone where the same piece of clothing as you.
I've been noticing a rise in 'hacker' shirts. I feel really bad for the 'originals' in that area.
Sarkphagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
(-$|N-)

I think that the preps are trying to eliminate the other classes. (Just fallow me with this.) They start to assimilate into our culture and corrupt it from within. By making what we find cool into what they what becomes mainstream thus atempting to force us into their product. Eventually they plan that we will get lazy and just accept it and stick with it. (Well thats just my thoughts on what they trying to do.)
Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #8
Black Gestalt

I don't really care about the store. It's very obvious when you see a hot topic shopper going down the street. It's very obvious when you see someone whose made all their own stuff go down the street. I say yey to the latter and ney to the former, but really, it doesn't matter much in the overall scheme of things.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYinG_in_Th3_ran3
By the way has anyone noticed how all of a sudden everyone is like going emo or punk or skater or goth... wat is it with this change??? someone help me out...
It's popular these days to be any of the aforementioned things. And with Hot Topic, some stuff is ok but too overpriced. I don't have the money to spend in such a store and I wouldn't even if I could. I don't hate anyone who buys from there since it's their choice.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #10
winged_dreams

And what's cool in fashion is one's own opinion. So try not to argue about it too much.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 AM   #11
NoneSuch

Well I orderd a few resident evil tshirts from there but thats pretty much all I liked , they do have some nice stuff but the majority of it is pretty crappy . If you like it buy it , dosnt matter what we think or if its "goth" or not ..

My favourite tshirt in my collection is a Happy Tree Friends Flippy one with weapon of Mass Destruction around him ... (= god I love happy tree friends.

lalaalalala
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #12
Jakadi

I make my clothes OUT OF HT clothes.Or,if I can afford it,I buy shit on the net from like Sweden.Then I will know nobody around here will have that.
Jakadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #13
goth_xx

I go to Hot Topic like every great wunce in a while i dont just wear black my thing is goth and dark blu.....i dont have very much shyt from hot topic and me being a dike en shyt...makes it cool for me to wear big guy pants.....gotta love it!
goth_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:56 AM   #14
goth_xx

I go to Hot Topic like every great wunce in a while i dont just wear black my thing is goth and dark blu.....i dont have very much shyt from hot topic... it'z cool for me to wear pants.....gotta love it! *their comfortable*
Old 09-21-2005, 10:57 AM   #15
goth_xx

********it'z cool for me to wear "dude" pants.....
Old 09-21-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
NoneSuch

My Head Hurts
NoneSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:48 PM   #17
Spooky_Gurl

I shop at HT and I am goth, (I think). I rarely shop there though. They are really expensive for my budget. (I get 50 bucks allowence a day). So usually I shop online and order things. Because to me it is just all that easier.
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:05 PM   #18
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Gurl
(I get 50 bucks allowence a day).
If I got that when I was still getting allowences I do not think I would be alive. You can get quite alot of drugs for 50 bucks.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 PM   #19
eric_the_girl

i have no money so when i manage to get enough to shop i go to camden or make my own stuff... it's better... but now fashion has veered in my direction i shall attempt to get what i wanted (i love victorian fashion) while it's readily available...
eric_the_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #20
Black Gestalt

Quote:
I get 50 bucks allowence a day
No offense or anything, but that is insane.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #21
sorrow

I think who cares? if you lke the look of somthing then wear it. dont let the store dictate what you wear.
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:57 PM   #22
winged_dreams

Quote:
I get 50 bucks allowence a day.
Do you even do anything for that money? O_o*

Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #23
Jane13

Quote:
They are really expensive for my budget. (I get 50 bucks allowence a day).
HUh?
Quote:
Come again?

Quote:
That's what I thought but...

Quote:
0.o I get 20 bucks a week. And I buy most of my own stuff. And my parents won't let me get a job untill I'm in College.

Anywho, I definitely don't love it, but I don't hate it. I usually do thrift stores, department stores, internet, DIY, or altered HT. My friend gave me an edward sissor hads shirt for christmas that I altered with purple ribbons and silk roses, for example. Also, stuff from that store falls apart really quickly. If I do buy, I won't buy iy unless it's on sale ($1 for a pair of fishnets or the like).
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 01:28 AM   #24
Demonista_Ravenesque

Quote:
I I rarely shop there though. They are really expensive for my budget. (I get 50 bucks allowence a day).
You sick sad sodding child (no offence)...I get 5 bucks every week and that's only if I behave...So thats why I'm forced to steal

If I got as much money as you, I'd be eating yummy corporate Mctrash and be buying random bondage like crazy....Either spend your goddamn money or I'll be there, waiting at night, by your wallet with hungry hungry eyes.....

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:38 AM   #25
Spooky_Gurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
You sick sad sodding child (no offence)...I get 5 bucks every week and that's only if I behave...So thats why I'm forced to steal

If I got as much money as you, I'd be eating yummy corporate Mctrash and be buying random bondage like crazy....Either spend your goddamn money or I'll be there, waiting at night, by your wallet with hungry hungry eyes.....
lol, well i don't really have a wallet. Bank account more or less. but i have around 550 bucks so i don't plan on spending and in my purse/wallet (w/e u wish to call it) I have $105. sooo, i dunno do you still wanna come with all that i have tat u could steal, then for all means, cuz i don't need it very much. Unless my mom takes me to the mall
Spooky_Gurl is offline   Reply With Quote