Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #26
TopHaggardDoll

hehe, Thankyou.

SHOW ME THE GOODS!

lol
Old 11-05-2007, 04:57 PM   #27
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
I've dabbled in Rockabilly...which looks quite good on me...^_^!

Picture

Ignore my hilarious face.
Hey, that ain't too shabby!

As for me, I'm more fond of the early stuff such as the 1920s all the way to the 1950s. Especially the hats and the dresses from the 20s and 30s. Too bad they're so hard to come by cheaply or to grab at all these days.

I do enjoy the billy clothing as well, and try to incorporate some of that into my wardrobe too since ripped fishnets and clothing, in spite of their holes, can get one into a rut sometimes.

Most days, I stick to shirts and skirts and my jeans for comfort.

*mutters unladylike grumbles about url limit*
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #28
Clockwork

Being poorer than I am imaginative, I like a lot more than I wear. With infinite time and resources, I'd have outfits inspired by Steam and Cyberpunk, the 1700's and the 20's. I think I'd still retain something macabre in each of them, however.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #29
DeathToLems

I have my work outfits which userly a nice jumper (long grey roll neck, a long pink,brown and cream color knitted roll neck jumper, Black knitted turtle neck jumper) and some normal black trousers or pin stripes.
some times il wear grey jeans with a nice white hoodie with a grey vest underneath.
Or sometimes I'll wear all brown, Nice Brown jumper with a white shirt and brown pin stripe trousers.
Always finishd off with my Newrocks ^_^
Altho I dont like brown and black together.

When im home I just wear anything thats comfy like my black combats or baggy bondage pinstripes and a band T-shirt.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #30
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
For all of those out there who are not completely devoted to wearing black all the time, what kind of clothing do you like? I commonly wear clothes that resemble what you would find on Urban Outfitters ( www.urbanoutfitters.com ), but usually a bit darker than what they have.

So, how about it?
I ALWAYS wear black but I do add other colours as well. Red, white, dark purple, and maybe some dark blue. It's not because I am "devoted" to black, I just find it a very attractive, original, colour. It's my favourite to wear. Sometimes I wear lots of black and lots of hot pink. Half and half with pink hair extentions and black and pink combat boots. Rarely though.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #31
invaders_say_ni

Occasionally I dabble in steampunk when I'm not in my usual clothing. I have a bit of a thing for sweet loli as well and one of my outfits makes me look like an ice cream cone. :] Yay mint and pink coordinations! [ http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...s/DSC01904.jpg ]
invaders_say_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #32
Saddiction

The link doesn't work...
Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #33
invaders_say_ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
The link doesn't work...
Ah...that'd be because the boards censored my link, because apparently l.olita is banned or something. Replace the asterisks with l.olita minus the period and it should work. :]
invaders_say_ni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #34
black_heart

as i dont have much money and hate the way i look in some clothes, i rarely go shopping for any new stuff... so usually i'm in a baggy black band tee and baggy jeans - i really don't like my body shape. black is my favourite colour to dress in as i find it hides my body shape.i bet i'm the only one on this site who loves 70s clothing, flares and platforms, patterned ties, smocks and kaftans. but i love vintage clothes in general.
black_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #35
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by invaders_say_ni
Occasionally I dabble in steampunk when I'm not in my usual clothing. I have a bit of a thing for sweet loli as well and one of my outfits makes me look like an ice cream cone. :] Yay mint and pink coordinations! [ http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...s/DSC01904.jpg ]
Very cute! ^_^

Since part of my wardrobe has not been bought by me, I get stuck with a lot of blue striped dress shirts for work... )=

I think I may ask my grandparents for a giftcard to a department store this year and finish off my waredrobe in black, deep blues and grays.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:50 PM   #36
StasisInDarkness

My boyfriend claims that I "do not take risks" with my clothing and aesthetic choices...

I say that I simply have a deep appreciation for the little black dress. Seriously. I have about ten black dresses, some "gothier" than others, which I wear with my Docs.

I really need to explore adding some color to my wardrobe, methinks...
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:46 AM   #37
Minyaliel

If I'm not wearing gothic clothes, you can bet that I'm either wearing dance clothes (I like using very tight- fitting ballet style gear, which usually gets very sweaty and yucky after spending some time practising in it... yummy... *eew*), black metal style clothes and lots of spikes (for the days I'm either in a really bad mood or just feeling a bit lazy), comfy clothes like the ones I'm wearing today - black yoga pants, my black pirate hoodie and stripy black and white arm warmers (when I'm feeling really lazy) or oneof my vintage outfits (like this one)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
GothicChristian

I wear Asian influenced clothes on anime club days. Some days I'm running late or something and I grab jeans and a teeshirt.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #39
GothicChristian

Also, when my dad has someone important (like the guy that owns our house) coming over, I'm forced to wear that stupid beige skort and brown and pink blouse.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #40
Delkaetre

I'm pretty much always in black, as colours tend to clash with one aspect or another of my natural colouring (red hair, white skin, green eyes... can't wear many reds, any oranges or yellows, green makes me look like a leprechaun, blue is hideous, purple is brash...)
I do enjoy dressing in a formal manner, though- a decent shirt with a nice cravat or tie, one of my waistcoats (no pocket watch, alas), hair tied neatly back.
I've got an elderly pair of grey jeans that I wear with my big old t-shirts, like the grey dragon one. Suppose that doesn't count as goth, it's more gamer/geek/stoner...
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #41
Draconysius

I'm always in black. Except on occasions when I wear my dirt-colored Spirit Caravan shirt. But that's when I'll be inside the house all day.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #42
Rosie

I dress more like a hippie anyway.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:38 AM   #43
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
For all of those out there who are not completely devoted to wearing black all the time, what kind of clothing do you like? I commonly wear clothes that resemble what you would find on Urban Outfitters ( www.urbanoutfitters.com ), but usually a bit darker than what they have.

So, how about it?
I will admit, I do enjoy my pair of brown cowboy boots every now and again. O_o
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #44
heavilyrxmedicated

I don't wear anything "Goth", per say... I personally don't see the need to buy extremely expensive clothing that is mass-produced when I can just get my hands on some fabric, needles and thread, and go to town on some ripped up or old clothes. I LOVE goodwill... In short, my outfit consists of jeans, running shoes, a band tee of some sort, a jacket/hoodie, my fingerless leather gloves, my pop tab wallet chain and my glasses. Just a semi-normal person on the street, until you start talking to me!
heavilyrxmedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #45
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
I've dabbled in Rockabilly...which looks quite good on me...^_^!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/_Skully_/003.jpg

Ignore my hilarious face.
Rockabilly style is fabulous. You look adorable!
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #46
AngelikDemonik

I usually wear dark jeans with one of my O-belts, my black heeled boots, and some type of T-shirt, which are mostly black (but I do have a couple white shirts).

In all honesty, I usually get most of my clothing from Target, and then mix, match, and cut to my liking.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #47
Mon Coeur Noir

I pretty much just wear black all the time because Its the only thing I feel comfortable in. I feel like myself. I mean, I do wear accent colors but thats about it. Growing up my mom put me in pink frilly dresses, and cute little care bear shirts. I hated it.

Once a friend of mine got curious and dressed me up in some of her clothes for a night out. I hated it because I know it's not me, so it's just uncomfortable.
Mon Coeur Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:31 PM   #48
Alexander IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Mort_Heureuse
I dress like a nerd when I'm not going anywhere. Science-related t-shirts and jeans.
same here
(even when I am going somewhere)
& on special occasion I have this White Renissance Dress
it so gorgeous
Alexander IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #49
effu662

When im not done up in fully goth garb, i typically wear grey (grey or another dark colored) jeans sometimes torn. and i love to wear grey or black sweaters paired with some random color top underneath. with skate shoes or chucks depending on whats cheapest. Ive been doing a casual style more lately because im not a fan of the way the mainstream goth is heading (such as all of the raver stuff they sell at hot topic now). Also on a budget soo most goth friendly stores and websites are out of my price range as of now. Im looking to find a more mature sophisticated but still goth style that suits me.
effu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #50
Thorn-v

I dress in different styles. Always dramatically though. For the most part life is too short to dress boring. Comments to describe some outfits I wear are anywhere from 'hey look at the girl who looks like she just stepped out of an anime' to 'someone watches too much Little House on the Prairie'. I love excuses to dress up in different styles.
Thorn-v is offline   Reply With Quote