Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #76
Paigeybobert

I hate make-up unless I'm dressing up like... a girl? Even though I am a girl.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 AM   #77
Lux Interior Ate My Brain

While I love to wear make up when I go out,I cannot stand to wear it everyday. It's something requires extra time, for one, and if you're one of those people who's either lazy or incredibly busy, it's hard to make time for.
It also tends to clog my pores and make my skin break out no matter what sort of make up I use. :X
Lux Interior Ate My Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:15 AM   #78
I Am Great.

Make up is for pussies and fakes. I wear potato sacks.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #79
Solumina

Yay for potato sacks!!!
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:12 AM   #80
Necrophagist

I will wear make up only when im a little older.
Only eyliner and maybe black lipstick, but white make up is way too over-rated
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #81
TopHaggardDoll

^

Depends on how you apply it really. I don't wear it out everyday but I do when I go out, you just have to blend it loads and don't cake it on.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #82
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Just a personal experience, 'teccy.. cover up tends to make it worse. Go out and get tea tree oil, dilute if necessary (you can usually find already-diluted oil) and dab it anywhere it's needed twice a day.
I tend to get those big, cysty zits.. I use the TTO and it's gone in less than two days.

I'm not wearing makeup today. I usually don't bother for school, but if I feel like putting some on, I do. WHATEVA!

Emerald, you're insane and I love you!
Oh duh, tea tree oil. I forgot about that. thanks.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #83
twink

I've never tried makeup, so I'm a bit concerned about how I'd look. If I start, I'll probably go only as far as black eyeliner and, maybe, lipstick. I don't know what color to try, though.
twink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #84
Solumina

Start with glosses, not lipstick, it goes on a bit easier and doesn't look harsh like some lipstick can (that and I think that lipstick looks odd if it is the only makeup that you have on but lip gloss looks absolutely fine on its own), and it is a bit easier to wear in a multitude of colors without them looking weird
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #85
twink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Start with glosses, not lipstick, it goes on a bit easier and doesn't look harsh like some lipstick can (that and I think that lipstick looks odd if it is the only makeup that you have on but lip gloss looks absolutely fine on its own), and it is a bit easier to wear in a multitude of colors without them looking weird

Thanks for the advice, Solumina. Any particular colors that you think would look good or that I should avoid? I was thinking a dark red might look nice.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 PM   #86
twink

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink
Thanks for the advice, Solumina. Any particular colors that you think would look good or that I should avoid? I was thinking a dark red might look nice.

Well, I got the lipstick. I went for a shade called "Red Velvet" by Revlon. It looks nice. I'm still undecided about the eyeliner, though.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #87
TheBloodEternity

I don't really wear makeup, too much trouble to do daily. When I do though I usually just do eyeliner and a bit of some grey shadow........
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #88
Disaffected Shoelaces

Liquid liner with silly flicks and concealer if I get a spot. Sometimes talc in the summer to avoid the shiny, sweaty look. Other than that I'm basically barefaced. I'd love to be one of those girls who always has a full face of perfectly applied make-up, but not enough to spend half an hour every morning putting it on - being forever late, five minutes is usually all I can spare.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:35 AM   #89
Yukiko_San

It's a rare occasion when I put on make-up. I rarely even wear eyeliner. It's a pain in the ass to clean up. I only wear it for concerts, job interviews, and well that's about it. Well there are sometimes when my sister and I do modeling shoots, because she's a model and wants me to be one, but thats really it. I look fine with out it. I have exotic eyes and dark lashes, and my hair says it all.
Yukiko_San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 PM   #90
Ashlyea

I don't wear a lot of makeup anymore. I'm kind of waiting for my skin to clear up.
Ashlyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #91
Barfing_Rat

I've never wore a make up.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:09 PM   #92
Linen

I go through phases. I'll go days without any makeup simply b/c I don't want to bother putting it on just for work (I sit at a cubicle all day taking phone calls). Then I'll wear it daily for a few weeks, and get sick of it again. It just takes so much time, and I often have trouble making it look "just right".

I am 25 years old... I should know how to apply makeup by now, right? I think I just have weird (small) eyes, so eyeliner always looks kind of weird on me. I have no eyebrows either (they are thin & sparse), so I am forever having to draw those in. Ugh. Maybe I just haven't found the right products yet?

I prefer cheap makeup except for my mineral powder compact which is Physician's Formula in Transluscent (wish they had more pale options lol). Should I just fork out more money for eyeliner/brow pencil/shadow/etc that will work better? Or does it really matter?
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #93
Toy Killer

I always felt a need for self expression in various kinds of art, from poetry to clothing, painting and music, and goth is a natural fit for that hunger for creativity, but I always felt that make-up and body modification defeated the underlying essence of self expression. How can you express yourself, when your trying to change yourself?

that philosphy is slowly ebbing away though, I have been sketching out a tattoo idea religiously recently, and I'm very tempted to get my septum pierced before the Slipknot/Disturbed/Dragonforce/Everyone/Their Mom concert comes to town...
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #94
shogem

I enjoy make-up at times, but I'm usually an aux naturale girl. It becomes a treat for people, rather than an expectation. I kind-of like that.
shogem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #95
LiUsAiDh

I dont really wear make-up, if I put it on people complain because it looks 'stupid and weird', and if I dont put it on I get called a man. 8-s

I usually smudge it anyway.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #96
Solumina

It takes a bit of practice to get things right, so don't worry if you can't quite get things right, but if you just want something easy to get a bit more of a feminine look then just put on a little lip gloss
-Carbon Leaf
Old 06-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #97
Noirette

I put my mascara onevery day now, and it never takes me more then 2 minutes at most. But it's just the matter of practice.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #98
Noirette

My eyebrows are only half-seen, and thery are really bright, but it never bothered me enough to draw them. I like them more that way, actually.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #99
Noirette

ANd for another qestion:Who here does not use a perfume?
Old 06-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #100
Solumina

I don't, at most I use a scented lotion, perfumes are just too heavy for me
-Carbon Leaf