Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #126
Elysiume

I only really wear makeup at the weekend, or for events during the week; usually jus a little eyeliner, eyeshadow, perhaps some concealer if I have a particularly nasty zit, and chapstick (which I need to stop my lips from drying out and getting cracked). Other than than that, I only really wear chapstick on a daily basis.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #127
Toy Killer

I don't believe make-up is a tool of self expression. I used to shave my head and eyebrows as a symbol of ascentism and wisdom, but I never wore make-up, hell, I don't have any piercings or tattoos either: It defeats the point of self-expression to change your physical self.
Toy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #128
HellforgedX

I here does not wear makeup! Me am Kay-lell! Down, down, and near!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #129
Serren

Over the past few years I have got into the habit of wearing it every single day I leave the house. I do feel very naked without it on so I am trying to wean myself off wearing it every day and just using it more for going out and stuff.

My skin is still really bad for acne despite the fact I'm 28 and its the situation where you want to wear make up to cover up the spots, but if you do it can end up making it worse.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:12 AM   #130
Chee

(And another)
I don't. Sadly.
Chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #131
Steele_Mistress

I can't say that I DON'T wear make-up but I can most definitely say that I RARELY wear make-up, especially to work or around my boyfriend. If I think I'm going to go somewhere where I need to wear make-up around people then I'll put a little foundation and eyeliner on but I NEVER go outrageous with make-up.
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #132
Gothic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Luminous Matte Pressed Powder in Light is super pale. Almost white. CVS has it.
I will definately try that!
Back on the subject, yes I where a lot of make-up, but not for other people. I feel prettier in make-up then just all natural.
Gothic Piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #133
Elysiume

People sometimes think I am wearing white foundation, because I'm so pale. I usually have to wear a little on my forehead, because you can actually see my veins there and it's kind of gross. It doesn't help with the vampire comments.

"I am a citizen of the universe!"
- Porucík Servadac, Na Komete (1970)
Elysiume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #134
MegearaErotica

I hardly ever wear make-up.
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #135
Underwater Ophelia

What's the deal with foundation?
I haven't worn it since I was like 13, and looking back, that was probably a train wreck.

I've never seen people wearing foundation that didn't look really shitty...so...what's its deal?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #136
freddy666

i wear alot of make up. i try not wearing lipstick but it feels either like my lips are gone or i get a naked feeling
freddy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:02 AM   #137
Serpent_Goth

Location: In a black coffin buried in a lovely graveyard (Jordan)
I wear make-up most of the times
but its ok if i didnt put some make-up on me
Serpent_Goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 AM   #138
Thymian

I too was pretty horrendous at putting on make up when I was younger (think panda) and it took me ages to find a foundation that totally suited my skin tone (I'm very pale).

Now I use Max Factor Lasting finish foundation; it's a little more expensive, but it lasts for ages, and I figure if you can't spend money on your body which has to last you the rest of your life, then what can you spend money on? lol.

As for my eyes, I use some pretty hardcore mascara and eyeliner - I smudge the eyeliner onto my lids with a brush instead of using shadow - I could never make shadow stay where I wanted it. I think using decent brushes to apply make up really makes a hell of a lot of difference - I remember how much better I looked after I started using brushes instead of my fingers to apply foundation.
Thymian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #139
Tam Li Hua

I very rarely wear make-up, though people have hassled me all my life by saying I should wear it more often. The exception is my husband, who recently said that, in all honesty, he prefers me without it. ^___^
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #140
Kambili

Just mascara in the daytime, and sometimes light blush. My cheekbones are probably my best feature so apart from eyes they're the only thing I emphasize. I hate lipstick and lipgloss, and only wear eyeliner or shadow if I'm partying. Some of my friends take 20 minutes to apply makeup every morning, which I find pretty crazy.
Kambili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #141
Loz

A little bit of red on the lips, some black mascara and liquid eyeliner, then some light, pale power on the face. That's my usual look
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:08 AM   #142
$haDe

Hardly put some on.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:16 AM   #143
Loz

I didn't wear makeup at all till recently, when it was pointed out that I looked 15 without any.
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #144
twistedsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
What's the deal with foundation?
I haven't worn it since I was like 13, and looking back, that was probably a train wreck.

I've never seen people wearing foundation that didn't look really shitty...so...what's its deal?

Most people cannot blend it correctly..it's mainly to even out, uneven skin tones, red splotch marks...acne, ect.

If you don't use a correct shade, or concealer, and powder it looks like crap. Or people use too much, or not enough in some places.

My skin is slightly splotchy in some places from breakouts...if I was a girl I would use it..or a weatherman.

I use it sometimes at the club to even it out, make myself paler, but its a pain to take off in the morning and reapply.......I don't see how women do it every day. Using too much feels like a mask.
twistedsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:29 PM   #145
Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Most days I go without (who they hell wants to wake up any earlier then they have to for class) but when I go out I like to play up my eyes and it only takes about 10 min to completely do my makeup (15 if I am going to a goth club and about 20 for a gay bar)

Ooo gay bar
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:49 PM   #146
DRM

I only wear make up when Ihave to leavemy house, otherwise Ijust keep it all natrual.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #147
FairyGarland

I wear makeup on the occasion but not too often. Does that count?
FairyGarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #148
mindless1

makeup's kinda overrated.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #149
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambili
Just mascara in the daytime, and sometimes light blush. My cheekbones are probably my best feature so apart from eyes they're the only thing I emphasize. I hate lipstick and lipgloss, and only wear eyeliner or shadow if I'm partying. Some of my friends take 20 minutes to apply makeup every morning, which I find pretty crazy.
The Judge is in full agreement with each and every statement made here.

The Judge is also a Crumb fan, and heartily approves of your avatar.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #150
Unimatrix 00

I can't live without all my beautiful makeup. For me, its gotta be MAC all the way. I spend about half an hour on my face every morning.

I use black eyeliner, then a bit of black shadow to set it and smoke it out a bit. I then use a shimmery highlight on my cheeks and browbones and I use a light pink blush on my cheeks. For the lips I just go for a shiny pink gloss. No sparkles. Oh and I use MAC's studiofix foundation. it's great and it has lovely natural coverage.
Unimatrix 00 is offline   Reply With Quote