Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Mr_Knuckles

Eating.

I'm on lunch at work. Eating is not really enjoyable at the moment. I'm forcing myself to ingest food, because I know I need nourishment (especially currently being sick), otherwise I just wouldn't eat. Eating just seems so robotic/ cliche`. Has anyone else felt this way?
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
chelseagirl

I wish to god I did, I'm sure I wouldn't be so chubby...
Old 10-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
c130

I enjoy my food... Many of my free-time activities revolve around securing something tasty for my next meal. When eating becomes a tedious chore (like when I'm ill, stressed, or I've analysed life too deeply and concluded that the nessecity of eating is depressing), I'll find somewhere new to eat, I try something I haven't had before, or I cook a meal for myself that has all my favourite foods in it.

Do you have a favourite food you could eat at lunchtime to make the experience more enjoyable? (Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%, hope you feel better quick)
Old 10-09-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

I understand the feeling. I hate the necessity of eating (and sleeping, actually), particularly when it interferes with things I'd rather be doing. That's not to say I don't like food, or sleep. It's just that I hate that I can't spend 3 consecutive days painting without interruption... If I try, I start to feel woozy and my hands shake.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Delkaetre

I just forget to eat sometimes. And when I do eat, I eat minimally or get someone else to cook. My preparation skills are atrocious. I very, very much like food when I get good food, though. Lovely expensive food.
Sometimes, though, my body refuses to let me eat properly. It's rare, but annoying. My stomach is still empty, I'm still hungry, but my throat is refusing any solids, and even gets funny about liquids. It's not even something that can be blamed upon a cold, just my throat and gag reflex randomly ganging up on me.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
Immortal_Death

There are times especially early in the morning, I lost my appetite. Everyday before school, I would never want to eat. I feel like I want to throw up after drinking milk, yogurt, cake, etc. I get very hungry during lunch, and dinner.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
I understand the feeling only toooooooooo well. Food always makes me feel unclean and I have often tried not eating for several days after which, I must confess, I could think much faster, see the world much more clearly and felt, well, pure.
Food is a terrible thing. Whenever people want to meet, what do they do? they go eat something. And when one's bored, what does one do? eat.

But, surprisingly enough, I absolutely love cooking and see it as an art. But I hate food. Does that make sence? Eh, lets just say it does.

So anyway, i understand you completely Mr_knuckles.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
Mr_Knuckles

c130, I can't say that I really have a favorite food. It's all pretty much the same to me. I'm pretty much torn between those things I least despise. There's only 7 resturaunts in the town where I live, 2 of which I've deemed clean enough to eat at. Thanks for the wishes of good health. =)

DarkHeartedDemoness: I can really relate to this. I have so many intrests it's hard to manage time for them all. I run back and forth between them (updating/ checking websites and forums, martial arts, guitar, drawing, photography, writing, etc.) I think I'll try to adopt one intrest per week or few days to see how that works out.

Delkaetre: I forget too, which is one reason I have to periodically force it.

Immortal_Death: I almost never eat a breakfast. Could this attribute to poor eating habits? Also I've never really had a "family dinner". I was raised on Pizza Hut, and KFC.

Don't Look Behind You: I don't think food makes me feel unclean. After a few days I definatly feel the effects. Lightheadedness and headache. Food as an art is awesome. I love watching Iron Chef and the like.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

I would also wish I didn't have to eat, but more because of the eventual consequence of ingesting food.
Yet, eating is a pleasure for me.
There's nothing like a delicious cheesecake as a dessert after eating a half-pound steak, medium done, still juicy, and well garnished, after having eaten the salad appetizer; all with a delicious peach tea.
But maybe that's just me; with my high metabolism and all. By the way, for the ones who would like a fast metabolism, think twice, there are friends that can literally lift me with one arm and I eat and eat.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #10
BloodyButterfly

I definataly like food, a little too much maybe, but yes, sometimes I feel like it is so robotic, and get weirded out. Not often though.
BloodyButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #11
Cicero

I think about food almost more than I think about sex. It's just so satisfying and delicious...
I'll actually plan my days around meals, and one of my favourite passtimes is going to restaurants. Then again thanks to my metabolism if I don't eat at least three huge meals a day I turn into a shapeless stick.
I can't relate at all to the feeling of it being robotic, or of wanting to do other things instead. However I do have the ability to suppress my appetite for long amounts of time, for example when I'm flying halfway around the world on an airline with terrible food. I can go without eating for 24+ hours without feeling the slightest bit of hunger, if I put my mind to it. I do make up for it afterwards though... with ravenous results.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #12
PersephoneX

i love food and making it...but i hate eating...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
PersephoneX

food is an important part of my life...and meal time is the best time for our family to bond. People dont value the time they spend around the dinner table...i think that's wrong. i make sure my family sits at the table and has a conversation during dinner. its the best way for us to vent. and it also keeps everyone up to speend on whats happening in their lives. Food brings it all together...and if you cook with an angry heart, you'll taste the difference...its not good! food is the glue that binds a family...we're all different but there are things that we all have in common.
food good!!!
use anorexics as kindling!!!
GET FAT!!!
well maybe not fat...just appreciate food for the wonderful thing it is!
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 10-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #14
Slap Your Love

Personally I really dislike eating or food for that matter. Not because of weight or healthyness just simply because I never tend to get pleasure from eating no matter what I'm eating. I just dislike eating. lol.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #15
Neurosis

I have felt that way once. I was watching Discovery Health Channel and I felt my bites of bread were being chewed monotone-like. It disgusted me, and I spit it out. I had lost my appetite afterwards.

--Neurosis
Neurosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
roserougesang

I don't know why but I prefer reading while eating and vice versa. Makes what you're reading more 'tasty' I guess.
That includes reading at 3am in bed while snacking on pretzels. Makes me think of that 'Confucius' statement "He/she who eats crackers in bed gets crummy sleep"
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
Splintered

I value my eating on a deep level. The monotonous and repetitive task, that I would never trade away, because for me, it is directly tied to my humanity. Knowing that these are one of my mortal confines, somewhat brings me peace, and makes me glad to be. Human.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #18
PersephoneX

well said....
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 10-13-2006, 12:58 AM   #19
Child_of_Fury

There are only few dishes I actually enjoy eating. I drink coffee whole day through, and I partially blame that for the reason I'm never hungry. And when I eat, I prefer something snappy and practical, like an energy/protein bar or something so I can chew as I go from one activity to another. I often don't like to spend my time eating something fancy, because at home I know I am the one who's gonna clean up the dishes...

A chinese restaurant is a different story. I like to go there with my pals to have a good time, but I don't eat that much there either. It's the company I'm enjoying.
Child_of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #20
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roserougesang
I don't know why but I prefer reading while eating and vice versa. Makes what you're reading more 'tasty' I guess.
That includes reading at 3am in bed while snacking on pretzels. Makes me think of that 'Confucius' statement "He/she who eats crackers in bed gets crummy sleep"
Ooh, I definitely have to agree with you there. It's almost digusting the quantities of food I can consume while I'm reading, but I love it.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:59 AM   #21
She_Is_My_Sin

Ever since I came off the stupid cabbage soup diet, I've learned to enjoy my food much more. Though sometimes I can feel like a bit of a chore. Recently I've had a bit of a schedule for when I get home from school & dinner just didn't fit into it.
Overall though I do enjoy my food. I mean, the best part of school is lunch because it's nice to sit outside & relax as I eat my peanut butter sandwiches & apple. The only state I can see it feeling rather robotic in, is when you are eating something you don't like, are full or have other things on your mind.

As I type I've just finished my dinner of a quarter of a pizza & an apple ^_^ so I'm happy.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #22
Electrolyte

I wish I could actually eat correctly. Had some sort of infection for the past 12 months now where the doctors haven't been of any help at all.
Electrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #23
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. *Hug*

I love eating. Eating different foods, trying new things, eating my favorites. I don't love making it though. *Laughs* I like making other people do that for me. But I do like eating A LOT!!!! I love textures and tastes, I like eating sometimes when I'm upset because it comforts me. But I do make sure I stay in a healthy balance with my meals and such because I don't want to get overweight. That's a good thing to remember; love food, stay in balance, exercise often. Atleast that's my policy.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #24
Catch

Sometimes I feel like eating is robotic. Just eating because it is the end of the day and all I had was a cup of jello and cereal in the morning. I don't feel hungry, eating because I have too.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #25
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
I don't feel hungry, eating because I have too.
Exactly. =\