Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #26
Jane13

Maybe this just sounds like ignorance coming from a Christian, but why worship someone who just failed to realize that he could never be greater than his creator? Satan is not the other side of the coin for God or Jesus, he is the opposite side of the coin for St.Micheal, the Archangel. DOI! According to the Catholic church, his powers are no greater than that of any other angel... but apparantly angles are hella strong. Wow, for everything there is a first time... I wrote "hella". Eh, sorry... nevermind... *gets a glass of milk from the refrigerater and goes to bed*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:28 PM   #27
BlueMoon

Loki is originally from norse mythology and has got nothing to do with that Satan guy, or at least not until rather resently. And Loki did not stand for evil.... why do people always call him evil?

I don't have anything against Satanists, they're easier to agree with than christians... from my point of view.
BlueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #28
rockandrose

A quote:

"To some degree Satanism is purely a kind of disease of Christianity. You've got to really be Christian to believe in Satan" - Alan Moore
Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #29
ThwanCondu

I'd say it's more a side effect. Christianity in itself is hardly a blessing.
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #30
ThwanCondu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRETCHED_SPAWN
Study Satanism before you talk about it I know quite a bit about Satanism because I study it. Without God Their woud not be A Satan Satan is Also a fallen Angel
I like how your still alive. Potentially we could make fun of you on gothic.net for years to come. Keep up the enthusiasm!
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:32 PM   #31
rockandrose

I actually like WRETCHED_SPAWN!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #32
BlueMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
people call him eveil because life is easier with two simple baskets. "The life-line exercise is set up that way."
I don't really understand those two baskets.... I mean nobody is all good or all evil. Loki represents that. Being human... weak, vain and good at trouble.
That's how we all are.
BlueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #33
rockandrose

He doesn't annoy me...
Old 11-16-2005, 04:54 AM   #34
talon

As far as I'm concerned i don't care, because I'm an athiest. But why do people like the Jahovas Witnesses and Mormans come to your neighbourhood and go doorknocking to recruit more followers. I have never heard of a satanist go doorknocking to look for some "blood thirsty" people to have an orgy with.

And for now I don't really know where I'm going with this so I'm going to wait for a reply.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #35
OnixxFilth

What most of these kiddos don't get is that if you're practicing true LaVeyan Satanism, you're not actually worshipping Satan. They don't even believe that Satan exists as a literal entity- he's an ideal to aspire to! There is no animal or human sacrifice; it's essentially hedonism. I did a research paper on it last semester for a class on religions of the world, and was surprised that it's nothing like what most people think it is.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #36
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon
As far as I'm concerned i don't care, because I'm an athiest. But why do people like the Jahovas Witnesses and Mormans come to your neighbourhood and go doorknocking to recruit more followers. I have never heard of a satanist go doorknocking to look for some "blood thirsty" people to have an orgy with.

And for now I don't really know where I'm going with this so I'm going to wait for a reply.
Reply:

*atheist
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:06 AM   #37
talon

Well that's good enough for me.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:32 AM   #38
OnixxFilth

Yes, if you don't believe in a god/gods, there will always be people trying to give you one.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #39
rockandrose

Well...

Did someone not know that this is a "Satanist Teens *sighs*" thread?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #40
OnixxFilth

Who do you mean, rockandrose- me? In that case, yes, I did know.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #41
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
The difference between a Satanist (and I will not profess to know overmuch about their belief system) and what Demonista was talking about is the versed, practised, and studied Satanists who are serious about their faith versus the popular view of pissy, shock me shock me shock me, 15 year olds who need attention. the difference is education and maturity and the confidence to not have to act like an assclown.
Yes... and Even further on that point, there is a difference between Satanists and Devil Worshippers

Satanists come across as just Self-oriented people. Narcisistic if you will... and thats just fine.

Devil-Worshippers are a broad variety.... I've seen some of them that are well rounded and intellegent people... then there are the Korn/SlipKnot/God Smack Fans who are too mallcore for the whole I'm Too cool for religion/authority..... so they run around the grave yard digging up bodies, tipping tombstones and generally making the ones of us (Non-devil worshippers, but wiccians/witches) who go the the cemetary to meditate And relax and practice our art, look like rude and childish Idiots.

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #42
polished_wolf_claws

[quote=talon]As far as I'm concerned i don't care, because I'm an athiest. But why do people like the Jahovas Witnesses and Mormans come to your neighbourhood and go doorknocking to recruit more followers. I have never heard of a satanist go doorknocking to look for some "blood thirsty" people to have an orgy with. QUOTE]

I giggled a bit on this one....

Satanists actually do recruit people in a similar manner..... I know one girl who goes to the metaphysical shops here and tries to 'pick up' kids and stuff..... And I have heard that what she does isn't all that uncommon in their line of work....

I actually wouldn't mind going to a mass sometime though..... I always thought it would be really interesting to see what they Really do....

*For some reason I'm thinking A Pentacostle/episcopalian like church with the choir and the band (that ARENT Playing Metal, but just evil laced hymns) and people standing and waving their arms..... but I'm prolly off on that one.... but I can dream Can't I?*

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:01 PM   #43
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I know, I know, demonista. I'm sorry... they were at my high school, too. My "friend" Kortney used to claim she talked to Satan in the bathroom and that he protected her from evil spirits. Yes, Satan protected her from evil. Makes sense, huh? She was a smart one...
Well I'm going to go off the deep end and say that satan was given a bad rap in the bible compared to god. God is just as evil as Satan is made out to be. He caused plauges on people, ordered the killing the children of Egyptians, and killed alot of people with water. Yet you hear nothing of Satan really doing something that is nothing more then suggest things to people. Then again the bible makes women look worse then satan, but thats another story. Also remember theres always two sides to each story, yet we do not have any generally accept anti-bible, and putting aside the fact that I find religion to be a scam for the gullable people of the world, she would be correct in saying that satan could protect her from evil if you see god as the true evil. Anyways Pardon my rant about religion, its just something I have been talking about with some of the people I work with.
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #44
angleangel_doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Thanks... I'm sure by now you've heard the whole Kortney story. She was pretty fucked up.
Yep. I have...been reading.
Pretty creepy.
Human Nature, as a whole, is pretty creepy.
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #45
OnixxFilth

Oh wow...don't even start on dissing the bible or calling God evil. In case anyone on this thread didn't know, I'm a Christian as well as a goth. You're entitled to your beliefs, but don't diss mine.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 PM   #46
OnixxFilth

Okay. It's hard for me sometimes to not take things personally because that's just the way I am. But I'll try.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:32 PM   #47
OnixxFilth

Cutie? *is sorta weirded out 'cause you're younger than me*
Old 11-22-2005, 06:02 AM   #48
OnixxFilth

I never knew for sure if you did or not- it just kinda weirds me out sometimes when people younger than me call me "sweetie" or "dear"- or even when people my own age do it!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:13 AM   #49
OnixxFilth

Oh. Okay. I guess if that's just the way you are, there's not much I can do about it.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #50
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
Okay. It's hard for me sometimes to not take things personally because that's just the way I am. But I'll try.
X is right.... I'm in an honors English class and a World History where we study a lot of things like nihilism and existentialism (sorry, Iknow, spelling)... and I find them interesting. We discuss and stuff and I find it interesting, it's just not what I beleive. It's best to realize that no one is trying to force you away from your faith, you just need to look into your beleifs and values and think about what you really beleive. If you feel offended by something, just explain your position.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote