Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
vindicatedxjin

Salvia

Can someone please tell me why Salvia divinorum is legal...and cannibus isn't. I ask this question because of my experience aka. my thread in whining.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Salvia can't be used for more efficient and ecological paper production the way CANNABIS can.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
vindicatedxjin

o.0....Well I'm sure that's a factor but what about the whole aspect of it completely FUCKING you up.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
linkbroken

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Can someone please tell me why Salvia divinorum is legal...and cannibus isn't. I ask this question because of my experience aka. my thread in whining.
It's only like a fifteen minute trip. The likelihood of you getting into a car during said trip is null.
linkbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
vindicatedxjin

But dude I fucked my face up bad from a freakin 10 min. trip..I had to get fucking stitches...I never ever went through anything like that while smoking weed.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

What about it 'completely FUCKING you up'?
You're not suggesting that the solution is making salvia illegal too, are you?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
linkbroken

Quote:
But dude I fucked my face up bad from a freakin 10 min. trip..I had to get fucking stitches...I never ever went through anything like that while smoking weed.
I know. It's fuckin retarded. I thought my friend was fred flintstone and then he was homer an then I broke my ankle and fainted. Don't remember how I broke my ankle.

LSD is illegal but it's hard to keep tabs on the people who use. Rather than make it illegal they'll tax it.

All I have to say is "God, grant me the serenity to except the things I can, the courage to burn buildings down, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Keep coming back, it works if you work it"
Old 08-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
allyssa

I do not know why salvia is legal, but here in canada weed is also pretty much decriminalized.....it helps ease anxieties while smoking or drinking it...I have only ever had pleasant experiences with salvia...it always makes me wonder about things such as where birds are flying too or how the sun ignited, but I have always smoked it on an island surrounded by willow trees
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
What about it 'completely FUCKING you up'?
You're not suggesting that the solution is making salvia illegal too, are you?

No not at all...all my friends enjoyed it greatly, and thought they were pockets and teddy bears and stuff...so I wouldn't want to ruin it for them...I'm just saying though...that it really just doesn't make sense

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
linkbroken

Quote:
No not at all...all my friends enjoyed it greatly, and thought they were pockets and teddy bears and stuff...so I wouldn't want to ruin it for them...I'm just saying though...that it really just doesn't make sense
+1
spam I know.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
vindicatedxjin

???spam???

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
korinna5555

Salvia isn't legal everywhere, anymore. It's illegal in nine US states, and a ban is under consideration in several others.

Salvia is much more useful as an ethenogen as opposed to a recreational drug. Salvia is not a "fun" drug, and I've only ever found it useful as a meditation aid. It can yield some pretty trippy artwork, but other than that..

After reading your thread in whining, you are an absolute fucktard. It's people like you that have led to the criminalization of salvia.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Salvia isn't legal everywhere, anymore. It's illegal in nine US states, and a ban is under consideration in several others.

Salvia is much more useful as an ethenogen as opposed to a recreational drug. Salvia is not a "fun" drug, and I've only ever found it useful as a meditation aid. It can yield some pretty trippy artwork, but other than that..

After reading your thread in whining, you are an absolute fucktard. It's people like you that have led to the criminalization of salvia.

Maybe YOU just can't fathom the concept of it not effecting everyone the same way! All my friends were just fine...I was apparently the only one who hallucinated that bad....I'm saying it's bad for ME...And I know damn well that its illegal in nine states...but it obviously fucks you up a billion times more than weed....which I smoke almost every day....and thats what I'm trying to get at.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #14
HellforgedX

Stick with carbon dioxide. Soda bottle whippets!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
korinna5555

Quote:
Maybe YOU just can't fathom the concept of it not effecting everyone the same way! All my friends were just fine...I was apparently the only one who hallucinated that bad....I'm saying it's bad for ME...And I know damn well that its illegal in nine states...but it obviously fucks you up a billion times more than weed....which I smoke almost every day....and thats what I'm trying to get at.
WHICH IS WHY YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CARE WHEN TRYING A NEW DRUG.

I know several people who can't handle even a little bit of weed. It all depends on the person, but saying that isalvia's "worse" than weed after one [irresponsible] trip is a ridiculous generalization.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I'm just saying though...that it really just doesn't make sense
For someone who claims to hate the government (and congress) you seem rather surprised about this.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
vindicatedxjin

Okay...I understand that no matter what I say...your gonna bash it so i'm just gonna end this with saying that yes it was really stupid of me to take such a high amount of salvia for my first time....BUT we all make mistakes so you shouldn't throw it my face over and over again when I already know that I OBVIOUSLY made a mistake...and Salvia is A HALLUCINATORY drug... and it is totally different from weed...Whats the worst that can happen from smoking weed?? Passing out?? I totally think salvia is more intense

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
For someone who claims to hate the government (and congress) you seem rather surprised about this.

Well it just baffles my mind everyday to see how things really are!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #19
Still Jack

I don't know what this Cannibus is of which you speak.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
vindicatedxjin

Sorry my spelling sucks as of late.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
korinna5555

Quote:
Okay...I understand that no matter what I say...your gonna bash it so i'm just gonna end this with saying that yes it was really stupid of me to take such a high amount of salvia for my first time....BUT we all make mistakes so you shouldn't throw it my face over and over again when I already know that I OBVIOUSLY made a mistake...and Salvia is A HALLUCINATORY drug... and it is totally different from weed...Whats the worst that can happen from smoking weed?? Passing out?? I totally think salvia is more intense
Salvia in it's natural, plant form is mild, and it would take a good amount of time and plant to experience what you mentioned in the Whining section. To take extract your first time was dumb, let alone taking 40x. Concentrated THC could very easily have a similar effect on a person, so salvia's not that different from weed. Cut the bullshit.

As for "throwing it in your face".. you're the one posting multiple threads about how stupid you were/are. If you think salvia is too intense for you, DON'T TAKE IT AGAIN.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #22
vindicatedxjin

^^^^ Your just mean!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
korinna5555

Ahem, that would be "you're".. thanks. Have a nice day.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #24
vindicatedxjin

You too meanie!

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #25
Fastidious

I think it might have to do with the fact that, physiologically, salvia is quite harmless. Marijuana, on the other hand, can effect significant changes in the brain. Keeping in mind that salvia hasn't really undergone anywhere near the amount of testing that cannabis has, so further study might come up with more "damning" evidence against salvia.

Also, what someone said about it not being a recreational drug. It's "interesting", but not a lot of "fun". So it's not as exciting for the government to rush to quash it's use :P But seriously, for that reason there aren't really issues with "abuse" of salvia, which is a key determinant in government banning a substance.
Fastidious is offline   Reply With Quote