Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #1
Tauschung

Salutations

Being a person capable of not only reading, but following directions sometimes as well, I thought that the questions contained in the sticky would suffice for now.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I am the first to admit that I am a "geek" by some people's definition. But this is a fact that I am proud of.

Hobbies: Reading, Photoshop, Flash, Beta-Testing, playing most any RPG I can get my hands on, occasionally playing Dungeons and Dragons and Magic: The Gathering, and finding new recipes try.

Employment: Head Chef at Bella Regina Italian Restaurant

2. Where are you from?
I am from, and currently reside in, the mountains of Western North Carolina. The mountains here are beautiful, and it is hard leave that behind for somewhere "flat".

3. Who is your favorite author?
Robert Heinlein. Although any of you who make take the time to read this may (read: probably will) correct my thinking, but he is the only author that I have found that consistently produced worth-while reading. For me, it's not so much about the author, as how well any given book I pick up is written and holds my attention. His perspectives on what could be done to help us reach a more "Utopian" society, have come to shape my socio/ political views.

Now, if this had been a question of "What is your favorite literary genre", well; Sci-fi, the "classics", and the occasional sprinkling in the maccabre.

4. What are your favorite films?
Freaks (1932, Tod Browning), Citizen Kane, Freedom Writers, The Great Debaters, Idiocracy, Benny & Joon, American History X, and Grave of the Fireflies. Not necessarily my "Top 8", but those are the first ones to come to mind.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Firstly, I would have to find someone to get married to. As for a song though, I would at least like to hear "Skullcrusher Mountain" by Jonathan Coulton

6. At your funeral?
Anything lively and upbeat. I don't see why that death should be considered to be a depressing occasion. I think the Irish have got it figured out: say some nice words, and drink and be merry. I want people to celebrate when I die, not because I've been evil to people, or they are happy to see me go, but because I'd rather see my loved ones happy, than depressed.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Ahh, the famous misconception about the gothic community. I don't care how I die, and I'm not going to act "emo" and write you poetry about how I should kill myself because my over-privileged life sucks.

Just to answer the question though: Skydiving naked, without a parachute, above Disney World.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I've kind of liked the idea of turning one into a sofa, so it would definitely have to be comfortable.

If this is referring to burial rights, then I don't want one. I want a Tibetan Sky Burial.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Whatever I happen to be wearing, as long as it is comfortable.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The thrill of discovering something new. I still enjoy finding out new things, but there was more of a sense of exhilaration as a child, than there is now.

11. What's your favorite band?
It would probably be the Cruxshadows, but I am constantly broadening my horizons.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
My "formal" education never made it past High School. But, as an "internet junkie", I continue my education most every day by researching any subject that takes my fancy. I like my free approach to education better than the structured environment of a class room, and message boards tend to be a great place to share my findings and test their validity.

13. Why did you join?
The chance of meeting like-minded individuals, sharing my views, and generally to learn.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male

Despite the language of my screen name, I am far from fluent in German.

Any further questions about me, my opinions or beliefs can be asked freely, I have nothing to hide and love to chat.
Tauschung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:53 AM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Freedom Writers sucked shit, but Freaks kicked ass and your avatar is awesome, so on the whole you seem cool.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Tea and Cake or Death

Hi there. How's things?
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 AM   #4
Tauschung

"Things" are going decently at the moment. That is, barring the fact that my currently caffeinated state is preventing me from getting some much needed sleep before work tomorrow.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Is that Hugh Laurie in the avatar picture?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
Tauschung

Yes it is.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #7
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauschung
Yes it is.
Welcome, Do you play any mmorpgs?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Tauschung

I was beta-testing Mythos. That is, until Flagship Studios fired half of their employees, halting production on the game. Now I am in search of a new game to play until September 28, the release date of Sacred 2: Fallen Angel.

I tend to stick to free to play games, unless something looks to be worth the money. I refuse to ever play World of Warcraft, though. I won't pay a fee every month for a game I already spent $50 on. WoW's number of subscribers has been steadily dropping off, thus why Blizzard announced that they are working on Diable 3.

Any suggestions Renatus?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
Renatus

Well lets see I know Warhammer Online has a beta up, but unfortunately the only way to get in that is by winning their monthly raffle, a currently inactive gnet member is actualy one of the concept artists for it(he did some great work). I wish I could remember which msn messanger account on my buddy list is his, I've had quite a few interesting conversations with him. I know one older mmorpg that is completely free is shadowbane, it is one of the best mmorpgs for pvp and paid for by advertising at the start. Then there is gpotato they make good mmorpgs for free but the really good items you have to pay for.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM   #10
Tauschung

Ah yes, Fly for Fun kept me occupied for quite a few months. Sadly though, I have yet to find a game to occupy my time with until the 28th of next month. Well, Gnet seems to be a good enough place to spend my time, and at least the conversation here is intelligent. Might end up having to sticking around for a while.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Childe_Roland

Well, you like the Cruxshadows, Robert Heinlein, and you want Jonathan Coulton played at your wedding...you should stay.

I want to be Lazarus Long when I grow up.

Nice to meet you.
Childe_Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:28 AM   #12
bloomerbrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauschung
Ahh, the famous misconception about the gothic community. I don't care how I die, and I'm not going to act "emo" and write you poetry about how I should kill myself because my over-privileged life sucks.

Just to answer the question though: Skydiving naked, without a parachute, above Disney World.
Brilliant answer.

Welcome! Hope you like it here! ♥
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote