Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-27-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
chinacorpse

What is war?

What is war? Is it a soldier dying, or guns, or bombs, or crosses, or weeping mothers, or sport, or patriotism, or valor, or high paying jobs? What is war? Not hell. For that is merely evil. War is worse than evil. It is mind-boggling suicide --mass suicide-- with humankind devouring or trying to devour itself. In vain attemps to assuage some sort of weird, innate (and apparently insatiable) appetite nurtured by our true and beloved God, Mars, we will not settle for less than the "flower of evolution" as the main course, embellished by bountiful side dishes and fanciful shakers filled with the "fruits" of our marvelous hands and big starving brains. How long will we persist in this lethal nonsense? How long before we really believe that salvation lies not in an insane paradox fostered by brute and selfish gluttony, but in the far more "nutritious" and healthful viand in the sadly neglected garden of human compassion and understanding? Considering the status of brotherhood today, possibly too long.
chinacorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
chinacorpse

kan de bu shi hen dong . who help me explain in chinese! thank you
Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
AlKilyu

Heh he said dong.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
TrashedAndScattered

WELL PUT MY FRIEND!! You to Al.He did say dong.
Spring
TrashedAndScattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #5
edible_eye

what the fuck is tomorrow?

god damn it, al. this cryptic shit's gonna kill me.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:01 AM   #6
AlKilyu

Oh heh...sorry. Uh, I have been given permission to tell you, which I know that might sound lame but it is a HUGE honor, with Xng being the only other person on gnet who is allowed to know! ^_^

Er...I'll email it to your yahoo account, check it in 10 minutes (cause I know you are hitting 'Refresh' waiting to see my answer!)
Old 10-28-2005, 04:08 AM   #7
chinacorpse

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Heh he said dong.
"dong"=understand =懂,理解,认为 懂,pronunciation,''dong''.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
punkirony

Chinacorpse, I really love how well said that was. War usually just makes things worse and it just turns into some macho testosterone(sp?) contest. And all of the leaders are men! Yes. War is all about compensation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Oh heh...sorry. Uh, I have been given permission to tell you, which I know that might sound lame but it is a HUGE honor, with Xng being the only other person on gnet who is allowed to know! ^_^
Oh, nice. Who loves punkirony? HUH? You love me Al. Damn. This sucks. You suck. But I love you! Tell me now? I feel so whinny, I really want to know. I don't know why. I think it's because I can't know.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
MrMaelstrom

Damn, people, have you lost it too?

Did you think Chinacorpse started speaking "engrish" in 2 days?

S/he copied it from here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...k/art/war.html

Chinacorpse, when you quote someone, please tell us who or what you are quoting (where you got it), ok?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #10
punkirony

I thought something was up with her second post in this thread. Wow, Mael, and I just told you that I'm one of the smarter people on this Hell hole of an island.:o
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
MrMaelstrom

I was dramatizing, doll!

Dudes and dudettes in the english speaking world: thank you for letting the rest of us practice our ramblings. You guys help. You're good. You really are.

You're just not THAT good...
Old 10-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #12
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
The peoples holding the flowers were the first against the wall.

...and the ones in Berlin had it worse: the wall fell down - tadaaaaa.....
Old 10-28-2005, 06:28 PM   #13
The Last Renaissance

It is the nature of man to suffer needlessly in the name of false ideals, to worship in vain plastic gods and sordid heros. What is compassion but the reciprocation of selfish desire? Goodness and evil are subjective, neither truely exists but are manifestations of our conscienceness. So if salvation lies anywhere, it is a product of self, not some twisted idea such as compassion or faith.
The Last Renaissance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #14
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Oh, nice. Who loves punkirony? HUH? You love me Al. Damn. This sucks. You suck. But I love you! Tell me now? I feel so whinny, I really want to know. I don't know why. I think it's because I can't know.
Oh now...you know better.

Next time I talk to the decision maker, I shall submit your request. Eventually it'll be common knowledge on gnet... ^_^
Old 10-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #15
punkirony

I feel special.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #16
chinacorpse

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Damn, people, have you lost it too?

Did you think Chinacorpse started speaking "engrish" in 2 days?

S/he copied it from here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...k/art/war.html

Chinacorpse, when you quote someone, please tell us who or what you are quoting (where you got it), ok?
oh.baby, i see this article so good. share with everybody. i m quoted it, i should be report it ? how ? fuck, i m study english(engrish, i write that ?when? ah.. you lash me !) please everybody forgive me and my "engrish".
Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 AM   #17
AlKilyu

It's OK, we dong.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #18
flawed-mentality

lyricaly beutifull well put. war is a waste so many young minds die . and the ones they fight for will die when they come of age . a visious cyle with casulties , inesents , its a waste
flawed-mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:18 PM   #19
joyslayer

yes, War is very much so a waste.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:34 PM   #20
Thanatos

You know america wouldn't be involved with any type of war if our fellow PRESIDENT or leader was forced to fight hand to hand combat with whatever country he decides to mess with. Maybe if he led the march things would be different.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #21
joyslayer

yeah, i full heartedly agree with that.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #22
AlKilyu

No way he'd lead the way

Then he'd swing by your place and zap you with his laser eyes cause you are an evil necromancer who resurrects old ass threads for lame and evil purposes.

And I'm hoping he or one of the mods dongs that this belongs in POLITICS which as of late closely resembles WHINING. (zing!)
Old 11-25-2005, 11:07 AM   #23
joyslayer

Bush would lead the way?

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 11-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #24
Samuel

Just out of curiosity, what can you say about war if you've never been?
It's really easy for an armchair philosopher to sit back and wax poetic about soldiers dying but until you've held your buddies head in your lap while he gasped out his last or performed first aid until someones heart stopped for the last time you really shouldn't have alot to say about it.
Funny thing is The Pres, he doesn't lead the way, but here we are. We are still here and it's not always patriotism and valor, but they help. It is alot of guns and bombs and even crosses if you have faith. I'm sure some one is getting paid for this, it sure as hell isn't me. My mom cries about once a week... She's scared. Sometimes, so am I. I'm still here though. I'm not going to see my family for another two months. Have you kissed your mother today or given your father a hug?
This is about ten months of frustration; fear; anger; and even some pain talking. What is WAR? What do you know about it, is the question. Mars doesn't walk here. Hell is defined by some as being out of Gods sight. Well then, maybe war is hell. God doesn't look on this place.
Finally let say a few words about brotherhood...
Brotherhood is, somewhere near 150 people, led by a woman, gathered in a tin building that serves a chapel. All choking back tears and listening to stories about one of their own. Brotherhood is, those same people rising as one and filing past the boots, rifle, helmet and dog tags left behind. It is a group of people who watch out for each other and care for each other. Brotherhood is have multiple souls to cling to when you think yours is overwhelmed. Brotherhood is people who live, die, and kill for each other.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~ Edward Everett Hale
Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #25
joyslayer

But, Samuel, do you truly believe that war can solve problems? I've seen more than u give me credit. IT was all worthless. Something no one likes to recall. And, so wut, i've lived through it, But war is pointless, it is but a label for mindless strategies and mindless violense that coo dbe solved my tkain one life, or just not taking anyones life.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil