Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Horror Remix: Sports - FREE on July 14 at select theaters

Horror Remix: Sports - FREE on July 14 at select theaters

Horror Remix takes bad horror films, rips out the boring parts to condense them down to 35-45 minutes, then packages 3 movies into a two hour showing. Now I wouldn't pay to go see bad horror films, but I am thinking about seeing them for free in this format.

Horror Remix presents SPORTS (2 hours of "offensive" horror)
rated R

Free admission. Pay for your own food and drinks once you're in.

July 14th is the one day this year when there's no major sporting event happening. So Horror Remix has combined three awful sports themed horror movies into one sweaty feast. The film descriptions below are copied from the Horror Remix website (link above).

Fatal Games (1984)

Fatal Games gives that something extra to push horror fans over the top. There is a ton of nudity, a couple of memorable kills and a finale that does, in fact, “take it all the way.” There is no plot. At all. And the character development isn’t a priority. So much so, that when athletes get waxed, I don’t remember exactly who they were. That’s fine. My only concern with Fatal Games is the lack of cussing. This is fucking unacceptable.

The Majorettes (1986)

The Majorettes is a slasher. The Majorettes is a biker film. The Majorettes is an action film. Frankly, it’s a mess. This is cool with me, however, this is probably why it could never find a fan base. No one knew what it was. However, the important elements are here: weirdness, cheese and memorable moments.

Killer Workout (1986)

This is the movie that started Horror Remix. Desperately wanting the world to see this film, yet knowing no reasonable person would sit through it. Killer Workout is a very boring movie with some of the greatest moments in film history. It’s a give-take. Killer Workout gives you 10 minutes of gold for 85 minutes of your life (remix is only 35 minutes).

Spandex, legwarmers, shower scenes, ‘roid rage and bodies stuffed in lockers. Killer Workout is what you hoped for, and more.

So if I can convince a friend or two to go, it might be worth it to go and drink a few beers while laughing at this glorious trash.

Further information, showtime and locations

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote