Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #51
girasol

I feel guilty.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #52
Alarica

Nah dont. I admire people like you. I used to be the same. Just got sick of people asking for advice then not listening or understanding. Now 'does this make me look fat?' gets 'yep it does. try a bigger size'. I feel sorry for my friends lol.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #53
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
Nah dont. I admire people like you. I used to be the same. Just got sick of people asking for advice then not listening or understanding. Now 'does this make me look fat?' gets 'yep it does. try a bigger size'. I feel sorry for my friends lol.
Oh... shopping with people is horrible.
I just give them something else to try on.
I don't want to tell them they look fat.
They probably already know.
Or they are fishing for me to say 'no'...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #54
Catch

Ya, I don't ask people if I am fat or ugly. Generally people are willing to give compliments, so more likely to hear something nice, even if it is a rare event.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #55
Alarica

Wow you really got a bum deal in friends.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 01-13-2009, 03:18 AM   #56
girasol

Not necessarily...

I have quite a few large friends. I am not about to be brutally honest and say 'you look unattractive, I think you should go home and change'

I am also not going to say 'lets go to the gym. right now!'

...It isn't my place. Sometimes in a store you may have 2 options and you pick the more flattering option but ...they most likely know they are a little chubby or they have really packed the weight on...

I will just opt for a salad and hope they order that too instead of fries and a milkshake.

Being a good friend doesn't always mean telling people what their problems really are. I like to think they are smart enough to know some of them - and you just need to support them if they are worth it and give something back to you.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #57
Catch

It is nice to hear something good.

I'm going to take a break from the thread. It will probably be awhile until another video. Thinking the video might feature buttons. Probably better to go into details on that one.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:42 PM   #58
girasol

what? Teach people how to sew buttons on?

(just poking fun. )
Old 01-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #59
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by girasol
what? Teach people how to sew buttons on?

(just poking fun. )
Actually I could show people how to sew buttons on.

I have a feeling you might already know what it's about. Not saying anything until it is done.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #60
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I had a friend who didn't know how to sew on buttons... so I tried to teach him but he got bored and distracted >.<
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #61
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Actually I could show people how to sew buttons on.

I have a feeling you might already know what it's about. Not saying anything until it is done.

I have a funny people that many people would know how to do that...
Why go to the trouble?
Why don't you just link to a tutorial that is already out there... I am confident that there are probably many many many videos and little blurbs already out there
Old 01-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #62
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
I had a friend who didn't know how to sew on buttons... so I tried to teach him but he got bored and distracted >.<

hm. Some people just don't appreciate help because they don't like people teaching them anything. I am like that...

I mean a button usually has holes... All you need is suitable thread, a needle and buttons. Its like tying something to something without using your hands to do it...

I tie my shoes differently because I never paid attention to how they are supposed to be tied...
lost case
Old 01-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #63
Alarica

You're meant to sew buttons on? Theres me getting in a mess with a glue gun all these years.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #64
badteccy

Catch is really off putting. I would not want to walk in the dark with her next to me.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:42 PM   #65
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Catch is really off putting. I would not want to walk in the dark with her next to me.
Well you don't know me then. The most that would happen is running out of things to talk about and getting bored.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #66
Duane

You know, I could do something like this and probably do better than you.

In fact, I think I'll do just that.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #67
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'd talk fashion and make a vid about outfits, but I pretty much only own black t-shirts and shorts, because i'm too lazy to look for anything else.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #68
Jonathan

I, for one, am fashion retarded. Right now the best I can manage on my own is t-shirt with jeans and the occasional coat / jacket depending on weather.

Any excellent reference points would be most welcome. I'm finally learning to bend my social anxiety over a fencepost, and am ready to begin dancing horribly at spooky clubs in between sessions sitting alone looking pensive as I stir the ice in my drink.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #69
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I, for one, am fashion retarded. Right now the best I can manage on my own is t-shirt with jeans and the occasional coat / jacket depending on weather.

Any excellent reference points would be most welcome. I'm finally learning to bend my social anxiety over a fencepost, and am ready to begin dancing horribly at spooky clubs in between sessions sitting alone looking pensive as I stir the ice in my drink.
Great! Glad the suggestions work out for you. Adding anything to black really enhances it a lot. Just white threading on the seams is great. It is like a built in accessory.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #70
Slap Your Love

Quote:
I am so tired of people not knowing how to dress themselves. To correct this problem, I am going to dedicate articles to demonstrate how to do things. This is mainly tips, but I already know one of you jerks will just copy the outfits. However, one day you'll meet someone with the same outfit and you'll be stuck in a conversation about me. (It isn't a threat. It's a promise.)

First edition and video of Catch Goth Style:

http://gothilk.blogspot.com/2009/01/goth-style.html
Basically, You look fucking stupid. If I saw you, I'd hit you. And from the looks of it, you'd be out for a long time.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #71
Joker_in_the_Pack

I finally watched the video. My response is as such.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHH AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHv
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #72
viscus

Quote:
Great! Glad the suggestions work out for you. Adding anything to black really enhances it a lot. Just white threading on the seams is great. It is like a built in accessory.
Jonathan never said he'd used any of your suggestions, and for his sake I hope he didn't.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #73
Jonathan

Hey I'm open to any suggestions I can find. Send any and all advice this way.

I haven't really bought anything lately, but hoping to do an epic shopping spree in another month or two since aside from a piece here or there I haven't really gone "clothes shopping" in 15 years. It will be like my personal economic stimulus package.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #74
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
Basically, You look fucking stupid. If I saw you, I'd hit you. And from the looks of it, you'd be out for a long time.
Thank you for noticing my girlish demure.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #75
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Hey I'm open to any suggestions I can find. Send any and all advice this way.
My advice would be to not take Catch's advice.

Here are some ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TEcK...eature=related