Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
Annwyn

Homophobia.... (Rant with some facts added in, but mainly a rant)

It is getting fucking ridiculous.
I just received an email from the HRC. Two thigns jumped out at me:
  • In early December, Jose Sucuzhañay, a real estate broker and father of two, was attacked by a gang of men in Brooklyn. They beat him to death with a baseball bat while yelling anti-Hispanic and anti-gay slurs. He had been walking arm-in-arm with his brother, huddling against the cold.
  • Just days later, near San Francisco, four men attacked a woman with a rainbow sticker on her car, taunted her for being a lesbian, drove her to an abandoned building and brutally ***** her, leaving her naked on the street.

And these people weren't even Homosexuals.
I read on another forum that a woman was brutally ***** and murdered: Because she was a Lesbian.
In the same place, Lesbians are often threatened to be "***** into becomign straight".

In Cornwall, Homophobia seems to be the most prominent.
Homophobic Police Officers get away with treating Gay youths, and people who support these Gay youths, badly.
Here's a video on the subject of one particular Gay youth whom was abandoned by his own family because he was Gay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfecwvTx9rM

It is fucking sickening.
I have plenty of Gay friends, and if they so much as hold hands in public, they get yelled at by old hardcore christian ladies who get their knickers in a twist as soon as they see two girls or two guys holding hands. Seriously. My two guy mates made the mistake of sharing a brief kiss in public, and this old woman turned around and started yelling abuse at them, calling them filthy homosexuals and saying that they were going to Hell for committing an abomination. One of my other friends, who used to be Christian, turned around to her and quoted Leviticus 18:22, saying that the abomination was Gay sex, and not Gay love itself. That certainly shut the old bitch up.

More than once have I heard about Gay abuse. People beaten up and killed because of their sexual preference. People being told that they brought it upon themselves by choosing to be Gay.
What the fuck? I'm sorry, but people don't choose what they like. Who in their right mind would choose to be treated like that, where they risk being killed because they just so happen to like someone of the same sex?
Is it any fucking wonder as to why the closet is still full?
I thought humanity was supposed to have moved on from the Biblical times, but clearly we havn't. Clearly there is still something that is preventing people from accepting homosexuals as ordinary people.
Yes. They are ordinary people. Just like you. Just like me.
They just have a different sexual preference.
How the fuck does a different sexual preference immedeatly make someone so different that they need to be treated like they've murdered someone? Eh?

My Grandparents are hardcore homophobes. They don't want me hanging out with Gay people because they think that I might catch their "disease" and become Gay, too.
Well too fucking late. I've already had sex with a girl.

That's all I can be fucking bothered to write about now. If I come across more info or evidence, I'll post it.
Rant over, for now.
Annwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

It's sad that folks are so hateful, for any reason. I don't know why folks are still so violent towards things they can't accept or don't fully understand.

As for you, I hope that your experience with that girl was one that was born out of love, and wasn't just done out of vengence towards your grandparents.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

If it makes you feel better, remember that such behavior used to be sanctioned, while it is now seen with scorn.
It is still terrible that there are such things as homophobia, sexism, racism, elitism, et all, but at least we're going in the right direction. If you really feel strongly about this, then please say that you're not merely a passive objector, but that you are or at least are trying to be active in one of numerous organizations that try to prevent such deviant behavior, such as LGBT in this case.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Well, speaking about this, here's two sites about something HRC is doing

https://secure.ga3.org/03/p_hate_crimes_ms
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogID=480283854

I'm not asking you guys to donate money. I don't think I myself can, although I wish I could. But it's still something worth reading.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
Annwyn

I'm already a member of the HRC.
I'm also a member of LGBT Scotland.
It just fucking sickens me that men would be as shallow as that to actually **** a woman in order to turn her straight.
Tam: Ofcourse it was born out of love. I could never use someone like that just to get back at my Grandparents. That would be incredibly shallow of me. No. We both wanted it and it was fucking amazing.
But anyway.
I reckon that homophobia starts in the home. Parents teach their children that it's wrong, and it just grows from there.
I myself used to find two girls kissing or two guys kissing absolutely revolting. But then again, that was at an age when I thought that you could get cooties from kissing someone. But I found it revolting. Then I realised that I had feelings, feelings that I couldn't explain towards girls and guys alike.
It just infuriates me that people can be so mean as to treat a homosexual like the shit on their shoes.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Tam Li Hua

Annwyn: Good to hear. =)
Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post

As for you, I hope that your experience with that girl was one that was born out of love, and wasn't just done out of vengence towards your grandparents.
God, you make me hate you sometimes.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
Annwyn

Eh. Completely offtopic, but...
Tam, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but, are you a girl or a guy?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annwyn View Post
Tam, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but, are you a girl or a guy?
Keeping score, eh? Well, she's a woman.
Males pull into a solid lead!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
maggot

Tam is homophobic. This thread makes me confused.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
Alatariel

I'm bisexual...and as soon as it was "leaked" by one of my "friends" in this town that I was living in (Bible-belt yay!) I was basically made to feel like I had a disease....or the plague...or some kind of "taint"...and that I was going to give my boyfriend AIDS...or that my vagina was going to fall off....or what have you.

We also moved, and now it is much better socially...but I am never going to tell another soul (well, non-annonymously...) that I am bisexual...because I still live kind of "on the Bible Belt"....just not on the "Buckle" of it anymore.

So yeah..it's rather rediculous how people can be with things they don't understand.
Alatariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
KuroOokami

I donated $10 to HRC once, on the street. It was all I had on me. Personally I think homophobia is sick and wrong. Gay people are no different from heterosexuals except for stereotypes and sexual preference. Gay people [and bi and trans], while I would hope they enjoy being who they are, did not make a conscious effort to be gay/bi/trans. It was their DNA, and they were born that way. If homosexuals, who had no choice, be persecuted for their orientation? No. Should black people [or other minorities] be persecuted for their differences? No. They did not choose to "deny society" or "deny the Bible" or whatever, they were born that way. Homophobia is as much a learned behavior as homosexuality is not. While I don't think that all homophobes should die, I do believe that more open-minded individuals should do anything in their power to non-violently change homophobes' way of thinking.
KuroOokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroOokami View Post
I donated $10 to HRC once, on the street. It was all I had on me. Personally I think homophobia is sick and wrong.
Fixed: I think homosexuality is sick and wrong.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
KuroOokami

*sighs* Underwater Ophelia, was that absolutely necessary?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Lady Christine

It may not have been necessary, but it got the job done?
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
KuroOokami

yes, I suppose.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #17
Cicero

I'm a hardcore fag enabler, so according to good old Mr Phelps I should have burnt to death in the bushfires =D

Seriously though, all except one of my closest friends are gay or bisexual, and they've all received some form of shit for it. But I can definitely say that not one ounce of that shit would have been remotely intelligent or meaningful. The most common form of it is the rather pathetic yelling of 'FAG' from a moving car window, in more sever cases accompanied by a glass bottle.

I think the scum of Melbourne have been more preoccupied with beating Sudanese immigrant boys to death in the last few years rather than homosexuals, but I'm sure the threat of gay bashing still exists. It's just all so fucking stupid.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Why wouldn't it be necessary?
And what job...?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
KuroOokami

Underwater Ophelia, the job was to express negative views in a thread where they were clearly disagreed with. It wasn't really necessary to bring it up, but do what you want. Those are your views, and while I don't agree with them, you do have the right to say them. I was just wondering why you chose to deliberately risk a negative response to express your views. Of course, homosexuals do that all the time, being open about who they are. You know what? Never mind, forget it, it's your view and not mine and that's really all there is to it.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #20
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
It's sad that folks are so hateful, for any reason. I don't know why folks are still so violent towards things they can't accept or don't fully understand.
Maybe they're reading their Bible.
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
Alatariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun View Post
Maybe they're reading their Bible.
There is alot of hate/prejudice/racism/sexism in there, afterall.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #22
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Laws in the bible are crocks of shit. Wooo lesson time!

Right well, because the Israelites and Jews or whatever they were back then became monotheistic at one point that meant all the suffering they endured or bad shit came from pissing off God/YHWH. Basically he gave 'em commandments and told em to follow them or else. To prevent people from getting anywhere near breaking any commandment or pissing off God/YHWH, they set up a huge fence of other laws that you'd have to break through and get punished for before you could get to the one that pissed off the big cheese.

Bottom line: Most of the sinful things and laws within the Bible were created to stop people from breaking the real laws, they aren't really the word of God/YHWH.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #23
Alatariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Laws in the bible are crocks of shit. Wooo lesson time!

Right well, because the Israelites and Jews or whatever they were back then became monotheistic at one point that meant all the suffering they endured or bad shit came from pissing off God/YHWH. Basically he gave 'em commandments and told em to follow them or else. To prevent people from getting anywhere near breaking any commandment or pissing off God/YHWH, they set up a huge fence of other laws that you'd have to break through and get punished for before you could get to the one that pissed off the big cheese.

Bottom line: Most of the sinful things and laws within the Bible were created to stop people from breaking the real laws, they aren't really the word of God/YHWH.
Right. I don't think that any of the words of the Bible are from any kind of Creator...but then again, I guess that's another topic.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 AM   #24
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'm not actually Christian/Jewish/Whatever but I was saying if you're going to believe any part of the Bible, you should believe the parts that weren't just tacked on for political or social reasons.

The Bible as a whole is a fucking mess, quite a few of the books if not all have had multiple authors, hell, there is debate as to whether verses 1,2,3 of Genesis were in fact by different authors. Also before the medievil (sp?) monks got to the Bible there was a HUGE editing process on the original in the Exile in Babylon not to mention because of the materials used, scripture had to be re-written a lot and as it happens when we rewrite or copy, mistakes happen!

Before all of that, you had oral tradition which in any age can end up like a game of chinese whispers.

I was sitting down in my Hebrew Bible class at college with 3 Christians and one of them looked really uneasy and blurted out:

"So do you believe the flood in the Noah's Ark story actually happened?"

Out of the 4 of us, 3 christians and one atheist, no one did, none of them actually believe Jesus was a messiah either, here are some of the responses:

"The Bible, theologically is child's play, if you're a Christian who follows the Bible literally or relies on it too much, then you're still just a baby"

"Jesus was probably just a really good bloke who was glorified and given mythological properties because people needed someone beyond human to lead them and give them hope"

Basically, the Bible is not a great or reliable thing to base your prejudices on, let alone your life. Anyone who quotes scripture to try and condemn a lifestyle probably hasn't read the Testament they're drawing from all too closely, nor have they probably even touched the other Testament.

/rant
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 AM   #25
Mir

You heretics will burn! Reform before it is too late.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote