Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
CandyKorns

I was at wal-mart (I loathe wal-mart, btw)

Yesterday, everyone looked at me like I was from a different planet. I really can't understand why because I was only wearing black pants, a grey shirt and a black arm warmer. I would walk by black people and I could literally hear whispers.
Where I live, people like me REALLY aren't accepted at all, everyone is VERY closed minded (I could care less, though). I wish I lived about 3 states up from where I am now.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
I would walk by black people and I could literally hear whispers.
How is their being black relevant?

Anyway, this sort of thing pretty much just comes with the goffickal territory. You simply have to get used to it, learn to love the negative attention. Write down some of the more interesting remarks you've elicited and share them with your friends at gothicdotnet in commiseration.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
honeythorn

Were you really expecting any different?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
CandyKorns

>>>How is their being black relevant? <<<

I was pointing out that it was black people because they were the ones that upset me the most. Your question's a bit anal.

When I was walking out to my car a bunch of black people were sitting at some tables where I walked by, I get in my car I'm sitting there waiting for my mom (yeah, I AM only 17,) to come out and two black guys were getting some buggies (I think they worked there) and were yelling shit behind my car!
Other incidents where it was white people involved, I walked down this aisle this lady had started walking away from her 14-15 year daughter and soon as she seen me she turned back around and put her hand on her daughter's shoulder to like "protect her" or something. And this one lady I seen, she was putting a pumpkin in her buggy, she looked up at me (I was just walking back from the magazines) and the expression on her face was like she was scared, like she had just seen a ghost or something. lmao. I don't know, it bothers me but than again doesn't.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #5
CandyKorns

I mean, I don't live in "The Hood" or anything like that!, don't get me wrong!, I know I made it seem that way, but yeah I was just pointing it out that it was mainly black people that made a big deal over how I looked or whatever.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

...what's a "buggy?"
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
bleedingheart344

Shopping cart.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #8
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
...what's a "buggy?"
See, in the United States, we call carts with wheels on them that we gather food in "Buggies".
Old 10-22-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
bleedingheart344

Dude, she is in the US. And you sound like a dick. Stop trying to be more intelligent than people.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Dude, she is in the US. And you sound like a dick. Stop trying to be more intelligent than people.
I'm not "Trying to sound more intelligent than people". I was pissed off, to frankly put it.
And if she IS from the US, than she Should have ALREADY knew what a "Buggy" is.
Don't call me a fucking "dude".
Your earlier comment and her comment were both unnecessary.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
Panther V

Quote:

I live in the US and never heard anyone call a shopping cart a "buggy".

o_0
Panther V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
honeythorn

Hah, over here buggys are what babies are pushed around in. We call shopping carts " Trolleys " . Oh what cultural fun we are all having!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I'm not "Trying to sound more intelligent than people". I was pissed off, to frankly put it.
You were pissed off because I didn't know what a "buggy" was...? Are you fucking insane?

And I am in the US--I live on the East Coast. We call them shopping carts.
Don't act like a prick.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #14
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
(I could care less, though)
You certinly have a funny way of showing you could care less. Then again you are a Korn fan most likely. The only thing I have ever heard called a buggy is a horse and buggy like the ones the Amish use.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #15
Sylph

This rant seems a bit old.

I was in public and people looked at me?

Uhm, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life if you intend to keep dressing in a way that isn't conservative.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM   #16
Utael

Im sorry if this offends you

Quote:
>>>How is their being black relevant? <<<

I was pointing out that it was black people because they were the ones that upset me the most. Your question's a bit anal.

When I was walking out to my car a bunch of black people were sitting at some tables where I walked by, I get in my car I'm sitting there waiting for my mom (yeah, I AM only 17,) to come out and two black guys were getting some buggies (I think they worked there) and were yelling shit behind my car!
Other incidents where it was white people involved, I walked down this aisle this lady had started walking away from her 14-15 year daughter and soon as she seen me she turned back around and put her hand on her daughter's shoulder to like "protect her" or something. And this one lady I seen, she was putting a pumpkin in her buggy, she looked up at me (I was just walking back from the magazines) and the expression on her face was like she was scared, like she had just seen a ghost or something. lmao. I don't know, it bothers me but than again doesn't.
I'm sorry but I'm really anal about this... it kinda seems like your either racist or you were brought up by a racist family sorry just pointing it out because if you think about it you just said you notice the black people the most... but other than that yeah I live in south dakota, yes we still have indians, no we dont ride buffalo, and yes they still hate strange things... but I get the same reaction from my own family its just something you have to live with...
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #17
Utael

Quote:

I feel the same way i live in south dakota, and yeah.. lol never heard of a buggy for shopping cart. they may be called buggies but buggy's were not intentionally moveable storage more or less kindof a carage but w/e
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:40 PM   #18
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I love Wal-Mart.

And people will be people. You're going to have to learn to deal with people with narrow minds. Just as long as you're happy being yourself, ignore them.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
MollyMac

The big deal about being in the US is that the US is big and there are a lot of regionalisms. We may speak English, but the dialects are not the same, nor are all terms or intonations.

At any rate- you CHOOSE to be and look differently. So stop snivelling because you are treated differently.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 PM   #20
wonderland

Quote:
"Buggy" is a Southern term, not an American one. People in other parts of the country call it other things. Ditto "soda" and "pop" or "lunch" and "dinner". Just because you call something by a certain name, doesn't mean you get to insist and/or assume everyone else does the same. And since them not understanding the term is actually due to their geographic location, not their intelligence, your comment was seriously out of line. Chill out.

Also, you can't single out "black people" as talking about you, and then criticize people in your area for being narrow minded. It just screams of pots and kettles, and all that.

I swear I'm not trying to be mean, but there needs to be some hardcore relaxing going on right about now.

(Can anyone explain why my computer just laughed at me in a very maniacal manner? Is that somehow related to the site, and I've just never noticed it before? Or is this demonic possession of my laptop?)
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:04 PM   #21
Graveyard.Crow

[quote=Renatus]Then again you are a Korn fan most likely. [quote]
Shut up. Seriously. How is that even relevant?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #22
LadyLucretia

You really can't go to wal-mart and then complain that their patrons are less than enlightened about subcultures. That's like going to a white pride rally and complaining about their intolerance.

And I suspect hints of bias, if not full out racism in your post.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Well, she does live in the US, and she doesn't know what a buggy is. Therefore there's an error in your logic.
In any case, there's two questions here:
1) Why do you mind what other people think of you? (as in, you should know it's not important)

and even more important

2) Why would you go to Wal Mart to begin with?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #24
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
2) Why would you go to Wal Mart to begin with?
I go for cheap fabric!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #25
CandyKorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You were pissed off because I didn't know what a "buggy" was...? Are you fucking insane?

And I am in the US--I live on the East Coast. We call them shopping carts.
Don't act like a prick.
No, I didn't get mad because you didn't know what a "buggy" was, I really don't give a shit if you know or not. It pissed me off by the way you guys were putting it, like I was an idiot or something. I mean, really, how the hell can you NOT know what a buggy is, anyway? shit Lets make a big ass fucking deal over what a buggy is everyone! Just stone me, because I use the term "buggy"!