Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #26
CptSternn

I thought it kinda sucked.

Not only is there tonnes of stuff you have to buy seperately, my copy was one of a few thousand that didnt come with the catwoman code, even though I preordered it. I was supposed to get three codes, I got two and one of the for Imposter Batman didn't work.

The map is actually smaller than the first game. Sure, you are in a city, a small section that is smaller than all of Arkham Asylum.

The gameplay is extremely more difficult and the puzzles are damn near impossible at some points. It takes away from the action if you have to stop and google every few minutes to figure out what the hell you are supposed to be doing.

The fact your map cuts off when you are in detective mode sucks as well.

Overall I didn't like it and thought the first one was way better.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #27
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
The game is too good to boycott.

However, yes. You can get some extra skins... I think. At least I saw some Catwoman alternate costumes in the character trophy section. I haven't started a new game + yet, so I don't know if you can change the costume of Catwoman. But it looks like they have the BTAS skin and a kind of classic one that looks really nice.

Again, I understand prisoners talking like that... it makes sense which is why it doesn't bother me entirely. But yeah.
From what I hear, to change Catwoman's outfit you have to change Batman's, which kind of sucks. So you need to select Batman's TAS outfit to have Catwoman switch to her's.

And it kinda looks like her nipples are showing through in that one...BUT WHATEVER ITS STILL BETTER.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #28
AshleyO

There is a purple one that I'm not sure what era it comes from. Perhaps 1970s as I have a 1970s Batman skin.

IRONICALLY enough (and this is a pretty wild distinction which really does bother me to no end because it tells me that the creators DO INDEED know the difference), the assassins in the game are entirely functional female warriors. There's really nothing entirely... titillating about them, but they still look attractive. Their boots are a kind of light fabric combat boot with NO HEEL, there are no low riding sex suggesting waist lines, but trousers that actually make sense for a ninja to wear. The only thing that looks slightly odd is that the assassins have an exposed back (but not so exposed as to imply sex).

The fact that they can design a female warrior in such a way is evidence that the chauvinism is not so much an ignorant and somewhat innocent accident, but probably something far more... insidious and calculated. Which is worrisome.

Play the game. Definitely. It's SO worth it. But do yourself a favor and compare Catwoman to the assassins OR compare Catwoman to Talia and it's alarming as to what the hidden message is. If you want a female hero, you should be looking up to Catwoman. BE Catwoman. Do not be the assassin. *creepy*

The more I think about it, the more I kind of want to write an essay about this. It genuinely bothers me.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:09 AM   #29
AshleyO

HOLY SHIT! Nightwing has LIGHTNING escrima sticks!!!

OMG, he's HARSH! FRICKIN HARSH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR86H...5937E68E4DCA85

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Saya

I got to admit Nightwing is one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to this game. <3
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #31
Mr E Nigma

Well, I think, given the circumstances of them being in this completely criminal environment, that I understand how all the thugs around the area talk about catwoman and poison ivy. I will say, in regards to that, I'm surprised there aren't female thugs meshed in with all the male thugs, in most environments like that, (Like underground/street gang-esque type stuff as far as media goes there's usually a blend, so that's kind of surprising, although I guess they didn't want batman beating the shit out of women. Although I don't think the public would've really came after them for putting it in the game (Although from a political perspective I completley understand why they didn't do it).

And as far as Catwoman's mannerisms, with the licking etc... I think Rocksteady just really wanted to make the characters that they knew from the comic books (bearing in mind that those female characters would obviously play on the fantasies of young boys) I mean. Guys were going to buy the game anyways, so it could've been toned down a bit.

And as for women being depicted like how you've seen in comic books, well, yeah, that's not much of a surprise.

The first superheroine was Wonder Woman. And she was created 'cause some comic book artist wanted to create a character that was pretty much a fantasy of his. (Her wrist bracers, very representative of bondage, wearing a bikini bottom and a very chest enhancing top. Plus the whip.) Back in the day that's pretty much all she signified.

Hopefully they can start having more heroines that aren't so focused on sex appeal. (G.I. Jane was a great movie with an amazing step in the right direction, and that happened ages ago, hopefully other medias will follow suit, the real world is, so why not the fantasy world).
Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 AM   #32
Grausamkeit

I like the bondage symbolism of WW. Dominatrix superhero! ^_^

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #33
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
The first superheroine was Wonder Woman. And she was created 'cause some comic book artist wanted to create a character that was pretty much a fantasy of his. (Her wrist bracers, very representative of bondage, wearing a bikini bottom and a very chest enhancing top. Plus the whip.) Back in the day that's pretty much all she signified.
Not completely. Marston wanted to create a superhero who fought with the power of love (no, really!) and his wife said the hero better be a woman. He invented her because he wanted boys to know that women could be strong too, and they should get used to the idea. He kind of thought women would be superior rulers than men, and also saw the need for a role model for young girls. His wives had a lot of input and he also wanted her to be educational.

Marston was a psychologist, and the bondage stuff had a lot of his psychological theories behind it, it wasn't about sex. It was about men and women enjoying to be subservient, through this he believed the world would be a more peaceful place.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #34
Mr E Nigma

Hmm. I was taught differently in my "History of Animation" class.

then again maybe my teacher is a sexist... just looked up all that info. Thanks for letting me know. Good to know.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
Versus

So a guy in my tent got a copy in the mail and I was watching him play the first little bits of the game.

Have you ever watched somebody who is horrible at a game and had to bite your tongue from telling them what to do or how to play?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #36
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
So a guy in my tent got a copy in the mail and I was watching him play the first little bits of the game.

Have you ever watched somebody who is horrible at a game and had to bite your tongue from telling them what to do or how to play?
No because I'm the annoying as FUCK person saying "Go talk to!" "Look under the!" "You passed it up 10 minutes ago!"

Old 11-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #37
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
No because I'm the annoying as FUCK person saying "Go talk to!" "Look under the!" "You passed it up 10 minutes ago!"
I hate that during a first play through like you wouldn't believe.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #38
Grausamkeit

Most people do.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
Saya

I'm super bad for doing that.