Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-23-2005, 06:54 AM   #1
Arc_Avalo

The Supernatural

I wanted to know what paranormal experiences everyone else has had. Apparitions, shadows, orbs, etc. I have been really interested in the paranormal from a young age, and not long ago, I took some photos at an old hotel and several spirit orbs appeared in the developed pictures. In that very same hotel, I also felt someone or something pulling at the necklace I was wearing. I also did an EVP (electronic voice phenomenon)recording there and what came out was the voice of a child saying "mama". Anyways, I just wanted to know if anyone else here has had strange experiences like this. Also, if any of you ever get the chance, try doing a little seance.

Sit yourself in a comfortable chair in front of a four foot tall mirror with all the lights out and stare into the mirror for a while. Be sure to keep yoruself open to the spirits. I've heard stories of demonic voices coming out of this seance and also of strange eyes appearing in the mirror. Be forewarned, though, this is not for the faint of heart. And make sure that, once you're done, say aloud and with meaning "close the gate". Tell me if you experience anything from the seance, and do please be careful. Also, realize that it may take from ten to thirty minutes for anything to happen. Spirits may take time, you know. They're dead, after all.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
Phayte

When I was 17 I was laying in bed trying to sleep when my door opened and the hall light came on. I thought I was completely alone in the house. I got up and looked down the hallway thinking maybe the cat went insane and figured out how to turn on lights. I saw a little boy probably about 6 years old. He ran around a corner as he was playing and I never saw him again.
I asked around about the building the next day and I found out a little boy about 6 years old died in the house. To this day nobody believes me, but we had stuff go missing all the time in that house too. Plus little "items" left in our toilets.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
katsumy

Well... in my family it runs in our blood the capability to se unusual stuff. Like spirits, and other things. Since I was 3 years old started to see those things. And it freaks you out some times... depending of what or who is it...
People usually consider us "mediums" but we are in a more higher level (I’ll say)... they have (mediums) to ask stuff to know the spirit. We don’t ask they just show themselves to us.
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
anti

Duuuude...
anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:36 PM   #5
Kireo-Umoshiae

Seeing the supernatural, as well as seeing the future in dreams, runs in my family, too. I'm am not open to the spirit realm, because it is very dangerous. If you live through the experience, you may wish you hadn't, and once you witness it, it will follow you forever. At least until death as far as I know.

As a matter of fact, I was extremely paranoid about a year ago due to some questionable events. Actually it was probably only several months ago. Actually both. Several months ago, every time I tried to close my eyes and got to sleep, I would see something that made me open my eyes again. It was always something different. Nothing really scary just kind of eerie. It doesn't really happen anymore, but if I tried I could probably make it. Since then I've learned to accept it. It wasn't really visions or anything like that; just moreso myself thinking too hard. Just stuff I thought about that kind of haunted me. Things I wasn't brave enough to really think through.

Also, there is another form of spirits. Our western culture here in the U.S. consider spirits to have some form of animal being; something that was once flesh. In the Middle East however, spirits are anything and everything in the environment that, to them, is considered magical. From a ray of light, which can change the atmosphere of not only a place, but the state of one's mind--to the wind whispering the sweet carols and the gaping cries of the world.

I learned this from a little study of Shamanistic magic, which does not includes spells or anything like that. I would give you an address to the excerpt I read about this subject, but I lost the original page so I guess you'll just have to do some studying for yourself if you care to. I can, however, give you the name of the book or article and author. It is: "The Spell of The Sensuous" by David Abram. Don't let the title fool you; it's not about spells, and also don't get any "ideas" about the sensuous part. That's all.

I know. For someone who has nothing to say, I have a lot to say.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
NyQuil of Doom

I've had several dreams that predict some small thing in the near future. These range from symbolic stuff all the way to the exact dream happening nearly as I dreamed it.

Also when I was a small child, I saw a figure standing in my doorway. I could tell it was a man but not much else since it was really blurry... and the next morning I found out that my great-grandfather had died the night before. My grandmother had felt his hand on her shoulder that same night. (She has died since, and she also visits me in my dreams quite often.)
Old 12-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #7
katsumy

Is good to know that your family cares about you... even if they are dead...

* Katsumy *
Old 12-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #8
katsumy

... Ummm I think that this thread should be in the spooky news!

* Katsumy *
Old 12-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #9
NyQuil of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
Is good to know that your family cares about you... even if they are dead...
It is. It's quite comforting. It can be a bit depressing though, because a lot of times in the dreams it's like she never died, and then I wake up and she is gone again.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:17 AM   #10
Arc_Avalo

The little in-home seance I held a few days ago may have awakened some evil spirits. When my mother fell down the stairs, she kind of thinks she was pushed. I also have been hearing weird knocking noises outside. These both can be explained away easily, but maybe my little fiddling with the other side resulted in evil!
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:56 PM   #11
Kali Maxwell

Note: If you don't know that much about spiritism or Magick, it'd be best not to play with it. I haven't asked a spirit or god to reveal itself to me yet, because, spiritually, I am not strong enough yet to deal with what the invocation may bring about. I'd probably get myself killed.

The strangest thing that has ever happened to me?

I was alone in the house one night, and I ventured out of my room to put a book back on the shelf. As I was replacing it, I felt my entire body break out in goosebumps. I turned around, slowly, because I felt something watching me. Standing in the doorway, its hands hooked around the doorframe, was a huge black shape with what apeared to be silver eyes. It leaned back, and looked like it was about to spring, so I ran. I could feel it behind me as I ran back into my room and slammed the door shut. I crouched behind my bed and started praying to the Goddess to send it away. I felt it hover outside my door for a moment, then it dissipated, and I couldn't feel it anymore.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #12
tekajo

Ever since i could remember my family has had some sort of involvement in the "supernatural". My great grandmother is part of the local legends of witchcraft/voodoo/magic/whatever. Supposedly she had "powers" and was a Choctaw medicineman...er woman. As for that i don't know.

i have however heard and seen alot of strange things over the years. Things that couldn't be explained away with a simple "...it's all in your head...".

One night, when i was about twelve years old, i was awaken by a noise in my room. When i looked to the foot of my bed, there was a person standing there. There was only a faint light in my room from the street light outside my window. i didn't get scared though, i just asked mom what she was doing. Turned out not be mom for when i got up to see why she wasn't answering me, the person simply wasn't there anymore.

i, myself, thought that was awesome. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

When i was college the first time around, i had a homemade Ouija. One night a few Dorm Rats and i were in a friend's room playing around with the board. (i'm not a full believer in the power of the Ouija, there's definitely something going on with it, i'm just not sure from whence does it arise)

My dorm neighbor was making fun of us for playing with a piece of board with burned letters on it, so i told him i would try to send him a visitor from the other side to prove to him the Ouija was real. (i was seriously just bullshitting him). So in my infinite magickal wisdom i asked for a spirit to visit him. Simple enough.

The next morning, i was sleeping with my back to the wall and i was awaken by a noise coming from behind me. Sounded like...don't laugh...chains. Before i opened my eyes to investigate, i immediately thought my roommate was getting dressed and putting on one his ten pound belt buckles. No.

i roll over slightly enough to see behind me after i realise where the noise is coming from. i freeze for the first and last time ever. i actually was so scared i froze! i rolled over just enough to catch a glimpse of a big black...shape...looming over my back.

i couldn't move.

Finally, i roll completely over and only catch a fleeting glimpse of "it" before it...goes into the wall. Then all was well again.

That could have been explained away as a night terror, but i've never had that experience before nor has it ever happened again.

By the way, i apologise for the massive post.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 07:46 PM   #13
PhilSmith

In my case, I've had a few instances of mental rapport that bordered on the uncanny -- some might even describe them as mental telepathy. I doubt this is down to any special power on my or the other people's part, though; just that it's possible to tune into someone else's mind to such an extent that it transcends the usual level of understanding we get from dealing with people.

I'd class it as parapsychological rather than paranormal, though; entirely within the reach of human capability, but no less amazing for it.
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #14
Magpie_Tendencies

My house is haunted. Sometimes weird stuff happens and once I heard a little girl singing right outside my room. When I got up, there was no one there. My sister keeps seeing shadows following me - other than my actual shadow, of course.
Just a thought - shouldn't this be in the Spooky News place?
Old 04-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #15
|BlackOps|Tweeker

http://www.vikingmud.org/guilds/necr...art/royo25.jpg
|BlackOps|Tweeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #16
|BlackOps| Mindless One

I kno, right?
|BlackOps| Mindless One is offline   Reply With Quote