Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
NyQuil of Doom

the Corrupted Wishes game

Ack, don't kill me for making a thread, but I looked and didn't see this here, so I figured, why not? I love this game. I've played it on a few other boards, and thought I'd post it here (since no one else did, heh.)

Basic rules... it's like The Monkey's Paw. First person makes a wish, then the next person grants the wish but with an unpleasant twist and makes a wish of their own, and so on. So, I'll start with a wish of my own.

I wish I had a million dollars.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Kettu

your family dies leaving you one million richer.

I wish I could speak finnish
Kettu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:26 AM   #3
edible_eye

You awake one night with an awful cramp in your gut and although you first wonder whether or not the chili you ate earlier is the culprit, you soon realize that no matter what it is, you're going to puke. Your stomach clamps and you launch from beneath the bedcovers, inadvertently waking your wife long enough for her to say, "What's the matter?" before she settles back down and returns to sleep. Once inside the bathroom, you lean over the toilet as the worst of the cramps tears through your mid-section. Stomach acid, snot and bile explode from your mouth and nose, forcing your nervous system to shake, your muscles to clench painfully and your throat to burn. Something's coming up, something large and solid. Another clenching, another. You can feel an object traveling slowly up your intestinal tract. One leg jerks from the floor as you retch once again and then you can feel it - something enters your throat. It scrapes its way upward, gag, upward, gag and your airway becomes blocked. You lean your head back, trying to open your passage and CRACK! the object snaps a bone in your neck. You crumple to the floor, shaking, unable to breathe. Your body clenches, your bladder and bowel let go and the object moves; your throat relaxes and the object slides up a little further. Your eyes water and you can feel the frenzied desire of your system craving air. Something touches the back of your teeth - the object, or at least some of it has made it into your mouth. You can still feel more of it in your throat, something long and hard (shut up). A final, weak exhalation and your eyes roll downward to fix on the head of the object (shut up again). It's a hammer, what the fuck, what the FUCK? coated with mucous, blood and a few masticated, partially digested beans from your chili earlier that night. Your brow creases. Written on the head of the hammer in black, permanent marker is the word "Maxwell".

i wish my wife was bi and that a different woman joined us in bed every night.
edible_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #4
Soul_Immortal

((I really don't know what to write about your wish, so lemme wing it.))

Wife becomes bi.

Third person in convinces now bi wife to tie you up.

Wife denies the male gender of goods and becomes a full blown lesbian.

You are left there tied up for the rest of your days.

I wish bread weren't a carb.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:41 AM   #5
NyQuil of Doom

Granted... and aside from throwing the entire food pyramid out of whack and causing the government to spend millions of tax dollars to fix it AGAIN, it now has twice the calories it did before, all from trans fat.

I wish I could turn myself and the clothes that I am currently wearing invisible at will.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #6
edible_eye

granted.

all your bills disappear, along with all your possessions, your housing, your car, your... everything, leaving you alone and naked in a world that no longer acknowledges your existence.

i wish i could win the lottery on tuesday - mega millions - 111 million dollars, just like the obese monster from spazik's story would like to do.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:00 PM   #7
BoleroBelle

Granted! You win the 111 million, but taxes wipe out half of that. You become a huge conceited prick with your money, amke very bad stock choices and lose it the rest in a nigerian scheme.

You end up alone, unloved and lying in a ditch where people spit on you as you go by.

I wish this Hangover would go away.
BoleroBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
BoleroBelle

Granted! You now have perfect eyesight and go deaf. You can't understand anyone and you're too old to grasp sign language. the barrier slowly drives you crazy and you alianate everyone that's close to you. End up cold, alone, and lying in a gutter.

I wish it wasn't so damn hot. It should be a nice 85 degrees. always.
BoleroBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #9
ice

It's a nice 85 degrees outside every day - but the air is so polluted and acidic, that going outside or opening the windows will melt your flesh and burn your lungs.

I wish I knew everything anyone ever thought at will.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #10
tiffany_the_writer

Granted!! But for every thought of someone else’s you knew, you lose one of your own. Soon, you lose control of whose thoughts you knew, allowing other people’s thoughts to get in your head and multiply. Soon you would get so confused trying to remember if the thoughts in your head belonged to you or to another person that you simply go mad and spend the rest of your life in a mental hospital.

I wish I could have Ned back.
tiffany_the_writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:29 AM   #11
drgnlvr

Granted.

Ned comes back, but he's had a horrible accident. He now has amnesia, and he has no idea who you are. He will never, ever recover. You think well, you can start fresh with him. But along with the amnesia, he has also changed his tastes in friends and lovers, and your personalities clash.

I wish I could get past my writer's block.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:32 AM   #12
NyQuil of Doom

Granted... you now write continuously, not stopping to eat, drink, sleep, bathe, or use the toilet... after a while you die of dehydration. Finally, you are discovered (due to the stench, most likely) along with your writings, which consist mostly of delerium-inspired drivel. They are published, but even after this horrific and tragic end, you still have no recognition.

(ok, that was kinda sad...)

I wish I was a more talented artist.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:37 PM   #13
Bodnoirbabe

Granted...you become extremly talented, but your work goes unrecognized your entire life. Finally, after having died in tragic poverty and lonliness, a cleaning crew discovers your work and decides to sell it to a gallery for $5 a picture. The gallery displays them and they become the greatest treasured art peices of all time. You roll over in your grave.

I wish it was November 1st already.
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #14
TeapotScar

Granted. It's November 1st... but Novembet 1st, 2004.

I wish I had enough money to donate to the Red Cross.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #15
edible_eye

granted. but silly you - you donated it to redcross.com instead of redcross.org. redcross.com, you've come to find out, is a horrible scam site and they've opened thirty credit cards under your name and social security number. you're now so far in debt, you'll never get yourself out from under... even if you win three lotteries.

i wish this blister on my palette would go away. it hurts. - never eat microwaved hot dogs in the morning while half-asleep. -
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #16
drgnlvr

Granted.

The blister finally goes away, but only after it ate a hole in your pallet that went all the way through to your sinuses. There was no surgery able to reconstruct it, so you have to wear a prosthetic device that make you look somewhat like Jaws from the 007 movies. It doesn't fit well, it scares old women, children, and the really hot ladies you try to pick up in the bar. But when you don't wear it, you whistle when you talk, which manages to infuriate all dogs withing a 5 mile radius.

Okay, that was really lame.

I wish I had more coffee.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #17
MrMaelstrom

Granted

But the batch came from the Escobar cartel and now that you're hopped up on more coke than actual coffee, today you take a urine test at work.

I wish I wasn't always right...
MrMaelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #18
BileDragon

...and you brush your teeth with fungal cream.

I wish I had limitless wishes.
BileDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #19
TeapotScar

You do, but immediately after this power is granted to you, you get hit by a bus.

I wish I had energy.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:01 PM   #20
Empty_Purple_Stars

You finally have more energy than any other single living human being on the face of the planet..

And then the planet is destroyed by giant flying Cockroaches..

I wish I could carry all of those stranded people on the I-10 bridge to safety and brand new homes..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #21
pitseleh

You are wake up instantly at 7 every morning, and feel immediately energized all day, doing everything quicly and super-effectively, walking at a brisk pace, looking silly and unable to relax. Then when the evening comes, at around 23.00, your body shuts down, completely drained. You have no choice but to sleep dreamlessly until dawn.

Actually that sounds like the kind of lifestyle hardworking old people tell you they used to have.

I wish for the ability to smell people's feelings.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #22
pitseleh

Aw, crud. Too slow with my post... feel free to ignore my selfish wish.

And hey, EPS!!! *waves* Good to have you back among the un-dead.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:43 PM   #23
edible_eye

for eps -

granted. they all move into your house and you become a slave to them, carrying out every whim until you're drained and finally succumb to exhaustion, wither and die.

for pitseleh -

granted. moments after you begin to smell feelings, you're picked up and carried away to a stadium where experiments are being done on thousands of people to test the effects of xtc. you're bound by your wrists and ankles to a podium in the center and everyone huddles around you, filling your sense of smell with feelings so powerful, your head eventually explodes....

hmmm. i guess there are worse ways to go.

i wish i wasn't so cynical and uncaring.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #24
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Granted. Only now you empathize ocmpletely with everyone. Unrealizing, you log onto Gothic.net and read the rant thread after someoen has angsteda bout being dumped by hteir lover and have thier dog get run over.

You go to work extremely depressed, and mess up, cauing a large industrial accidnet, and now you can't feel below your waist. Upon waking up, you realize you've been put in the same room as a PTSD sufferer. You eventually try to hang yourself with the bed controls, causing you to be moved to the suicide watch ward, where you feel shitty and self-destructive everyday for the rest of your life.

I wish I were already in VA.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #25
edible_eye

granted. and whilst in the midst of some violent coital experience with your boyfriend, your mom walks in demanding to know what you're doing in virgina... well, that and other things.

i wish i had a black dodge magnum.