Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
T.he O.range M.an

Oh, to begin again...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
My main hobby is wishing that my hobby were my job. That being spoken I am a filmmaker (website for primary current project: www.summerpeoplethemovie.com); although, I have been known to dabble in the dark arts of writing (see something here: http://www.microhorror.com/microhorr...ver-feinblatt/), music (hear something here: http://www.myspace.com/theeorangeman), and misc. visual arts (here's some photography: http://www.modelmayhem.com/pics.php?id=119032).

2. Where are you from?
Chicago, where the goths and the industrial kiddies once roamed free...to say nothing of The Blues.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I don't really have one, although I suppose that I have read Stephen King more than any other author.

4. What are your favorite films?
The Thin Red Line, Miller's Crossing, Henry Fool, Evil Dead II, etc.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Past tense would do for this un... But it was a mix CD (two of 'em actually). My wife paraded up to the "altar" to the tune of Gabriel's Oboe from the Soundtrack of The Mission. When the deed was done, I had my minister press play on Sarah Brightman's rendition of Whiter Shade of Pale.

6. At your funeral?
Oh, I always know the answer to this one until I'm asked...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Skidding in a car towards some catastrophic collision, while loudly issuing a hellish scream that everyone can hear.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Actually, I'm a naturalist, just put me in the earth so the wormies don't have to fight for their food.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I'm pretty partial to non-descript t-shirts, jeans, and Docs with no visible stitching.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Innocence.

11. What's your favorite band?
Again, I don't have one, but I like: Skinny Puppy, Tanya Donelly, Sarah Brightman (does she count as a band?), Nine Inch Nails, Peter Gabriel, The Cure, early Alice Cooper, Portion Control, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, the B-52's, Combustible Edison....

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have attended five or six colleges, have two degrees and a teaching credential for high school English (which I have taught for three years). Also studied: filmmaking, fine art, acting, music, Mandarin Chinese, etc.

13. Why did you join?
1) to promote my artwork, and 2) another attempt in an unending pursuit to fill the vacancy in my soul with an association to which I feel I can belong.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Dude.
T.he O.range M.an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Lord Whiskerton

Welcome to the Gothic.net forums my good sir! I hope you will enjoy your stay.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
T.he O.range M.an

Why, thank you kindly.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
JCC

I hated 'the Thin Red Line'.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
T.he O.range M.an

Any particular reason why you hated it?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Geoluhread

Welcome to the boards =)
I looked at the photos you`ve posted a link to.. I like some. But not all
You need to work on some things =)
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
T.he O.range M.an

Thank you for your suggestion. I agree. Those photos basically represent a cross section of my "fine" photography work, and some stills from various film and video projects that I've done - ipso facto the disparity in the quality of the images/compositions.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.he O.range M.an View Post
Any particular reason why you hated it?
Yeah, it was remarkably formulaic, but it seems that everyone involved was convinced that there was nothing formulaic at all, leading the film to carry itself under the heavy weight of its own pretension, dropping in shitty monologues about whatever bollocks sounded the most abstract and philosophical and irrelevant to the moment. It was just a mess of boring explosions and terrible 'thoughtful' interludes. Malick's an excellent director as well, it was very disappointing to see him wasting his time on a film destined for the shit chute of failure.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #9
T.he O.range M.an

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Yeah, it was remarkably formulaic, but it seems that everyone involved was convinced that there was nothing formulaic at all, leading the film to carry itself under the heavy weight of its own pretension, dropping in shitty monologues about whatever bollocks sounded the most abstract and philosophical and irrelevant to the moment. It was just a mess of boring explosions and terrible 'thoughtful' interludes. Malick's an excellent director as well, it was very disappointing to see him wasting his time on a film destined for the shit chute of failure.
Thank you for your insightful observations. I cannot contest your perception, as one cannot argue about taste. As for the film's appeal to me, at the risk of sounding pretentious, I shall paraphrase Malick's dialog: "I saw another world."