Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
cheyennediy

Exclamation Segment about Goths on O'Reilly factor (make your voice heard)

Hey I signed up on thsi forum just to post this topic (athough I may get active on it now that I see how kewl it is). On the Oreilly Factor Tonight (27Oct2005) they had a segment on goths and they interviewed this girl that tried to link the entire community with satanists and violent criminals. At the end of every show Oreilly reads e-mails sent to him by people that comment on his previous show. This means that tommorow (28Oct2005) at the end of his show Oreilly will read comments on tonights show which include the goth story. Please send him an e-mail at:
oreilly@foxnews.com

and make the goth voice heard, also do not insult him (sound professional you are representing the goth community here) and encourage him to have someone show the other side of the story. Requirements for your comment is that it has to be short (about 4 sentences) and you must include your name (real name not internet name) and town. Please do this and pass it on to your like minded friends. I watch him on a regular basis and he always shows both sides of the story when it comes to e-mails so please do this. For example here is the e-mail I sent him:

I am not a Goth myself but have countless gothic friends and have yet to see a single Satanist. How come when fans of rap or country music commit acts of violence I rarely see the media making a big deal about the culture they were involved in but when a Goth does the same thing they do? Since the O’Reilly Factor is my favorite show I hope you get someone to represent the Goth side of the story.

John Rajotte
Cheyenne, WY
cheyennediy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:12 AM   #2
Demonista_Ravenesque

Wow....I'm actually speechless.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #3
NightwishCobain

wow i would have sent but i only found this now and i am not sure if i can say anything
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
MrMaelstrom

Sure, give a moron more to work with.

It's like watching a troll that, at the end of insulting you, wants to hear your comments so he can insult you further.

Have some dignity people. Does that man's opinion really play that much into your personal happiness?

It ain't JFK here, folks. It's not about what you can do for your community, its about YOU.
And you better get busy with your life, 'cause the "community" ain't gonna do it for you.

my 2 cents. free for a limited time only
Old 10-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
Disfunction

I sure care what mainstream society thinks about something that mainstream society remain wholly ignorant of. Phew...

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #6
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I find him to be ignorant and arrogant, so I change the channel whenever he comes on...
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #7
Rosie

Quote:
Have some dignity people. Does that man's opinion really play that much into your personal happiness?
Yes. Anyone who gets up on TV and spreads a hateful message will influence people around you and how they treat you. That's kind of why they do it in the first place.

But for some reason, freedom of speech seems to protect them more than us.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote