Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 AM   #26
Delkaetre

I'm on a student budget now, so I'll have to stay off the nice foods for a while. At the moment I'm bribing people with biscuits and things so that they'll make nice food for me, as my cooking is atrocious. I dislike not being able to afford Pret's nice sandwiches and sushi, or clotted cream with scones, or freshly baked goods.
I'm not sure if I've eaten today.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:15 AM   #27
Morrigan_Dubh

Eating is so mainstream...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #28
Delkaetre

... yeeeesss. So's breathing oxygen and having basic motor skills. How very mainstream of us! We're getting terribly Normal.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 11-07-2006, 05:59 AM   #29
Slap Your Love

Rofl, eff' the mainstream now I shall starve to death. No dehydrate because drinking fluids also seems to be mainstream. Lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:19 AM   #30
Morrigan_Dubh

Oh no - swallowing fluids is Goth, Goth, Goth. Especially black coffee.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:20 AM   #31
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Oh no - swallowing fluids is Goth, Goth, Goth. Especially black coffee.
Ooh, or Absinthe! Absinthe is totally goth.

Or blood!!!

Hmm... Yeah, I think that's my whole list of goth drinks.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #32
Linen

Meh. You don't even want me to start on this. To sum it up, I've had eating issues since I was 12 and I am now 23. Although I've never been officially diagnosed, I've been bulimic since I was 18. I don't consider myself to be recovered, but I'm not completely enveloped in it anymore either.

In the past I've done everything you can imagine from starving, purging, taking diet pills, taking laxatives, excessive exercise, etc. Not fun. If anyone else here has similar issues, you're not alone. Just remember that you're worth more than this mess. I try to remind myself of this when I can.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #33
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Ooh, or Absinthe! Absinthe is totally goth.

Or blood!!!

Hmm... Yeah, I think that's my whole list of goth drinks.
snakebites too

personally im a fan of the sweeter red wines
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #34
Delkaetre

On the eating theme... I've been finding that the DM running the Deadlands game I play on Tuesdays has decided to become all paternal. So when the bunch of us are going for snacks, he always asks 'have you eaten today?' and if my answer isn't suitable food enough for him, he insists I get some form of hot food instead of a chocolate bar and bottle of water as I usually would.
I've never yet collapsed due to lack of eating through the day, so I'm not sure why people areso worried. (Admittedly, once I collapsed at 7am on tills at work, but that was because of tiredness, stress, and not having had a chance to eat before being told to go on tills, not my diet as a whole)
Old 11-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #35
BlackButterfly

Hmmm... I LOVE good food, but I hate that I HAVE to eat. I wish it were something I can choose to do as much of as I want to at once, then leave it off for a while without the obvious health consequences.

I like sensations, and flavors, and smells, so I have (what others consider) a bad habit of eating things that "don't go together" for a diverse eating experience. I have the wonderful combination of a "cast iron" stomach, a high metabolism, and complete inexperience of heartburn, so I eat pretty much whatever I like.

Honestly though, I drink probably ten times as much as I eat, until I actually think about eating...
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #36
Alaizabel Cray

I love food, but only sometimes. Some days I really love to eat, and everything just tastes great. Other days, I would rather not eat at all, and just kind of force myself to because I'm trying to prove to my mother that I'm able to gain weight (she's concerned because at my last physical, my doctor pointed out that in my charts my hieght curved goes up, then evens out, whereas my weight curve goes up, and then where it should be evening out like my height curve does, it goes back down and doesn't plateau at all), so if I want to gain weight (in muscle rather than fat preferably), I need to eat to have the energy to burn.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:42 PM   #37
the_cure

I love to eat, but hate it at the same time because of my slow metabolism. I'm currently on a diet to lose weight. I can't quit eating however because I lift weights everyafternoon and not eating would make me pass out.
the_cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #38
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
snakebites too

personally im a fan of the sweeter red wines
Rofl, I was about to say that until I got to your post. lol. =]
Old 11-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #39
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Food, food, food. I love FOOD. I exercise a lot though, because my metabolism is slow as well. But I still eat a lot when I can.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 PM   #40
Odium

Reading through this thread made me hungry. So I made some delicious instant noodles. I love food... (yay veganism!)
Though eating does seem robotic, when you aren't enjoying it...
Odium is offline   Reply With Quote