Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:26 AM   #1
om3gag0th666

Pseudo-sympathy

I am kind of sick of this time of the year, it's one time of the year that people feel obligated to be nice, and they tend to act on their obligation more than their senses.

I will not be nicer, happier, sadder, meaner, or any other emotion during this time of the year. I can see through the saddest part of humanity: tradition. When I see that people cease to reason their feelings and leave them up to a higher power, or to a concept, they leave me estranged. They lack liberty, and congruity.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I tend to be nice, whether or not it's this time of the year or not. But it does agitate me as well that people find it so necessary that they act all kind and crap. I guess it's the way the world is. But better they act kind some time of the year than never.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm looking forward to the forced smiles at our family gathering tonight. I like to watch people pretend they know one another, because they think that being related means they should. I'll enjoy watching my mother's grimace-like smile fade as she has a little too much wine. It will be fun to see all of my little cousins play with one another, completely unaware of the theater production us grown-ups are acting in.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
Mir

Ironically, I wrote something that mirrors OmegaGoth's thoughts.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
om3gag0th666

Then share it with us.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
Pyre

I don't ever feel the need to be fake for any time of the year. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Shortly after arriving at my relative's house I already insulted my cousin for being lame. I guess I am off to a good start d(-^)

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Only my step grandma is here, and I am always nice to her. I love her. I refused to go to my mom's husband's mother's house. I don't love that part of my family. And I make no exception for this time of the year.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
Mir

Nah, I'm trying to get all the other crap I wrote of this damn site, posting more would serve no purpose. I made that comment just to mention, I found it ironic that we shared the same feelings regarding this time of the year.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
GirlsNotMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
I can see through the saddest part of humanity: tradition.
I'm totally for every part of this thread, but this statement was poorly worded, and innatedly flawed.

Thought you should know.

Merry Christmas.

-GNM
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:41 PM   #10
BlackButterfly

I'm going to visit my sisters and brother, and avoid my mom's side of the family the same as I do all year (because they all seem to hate each other until a funeral comes around)... My mom's in Germany, so I don't have to worry about her.
I may even go with my boyfriend to visit his family. Aside from that, I'm probably going to just enjoy my day off and sleep in.
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
Tumor

It's Christmas Eve. White Russians! Yay!
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #12
emeraldlonewoulf

This is why Christmas has a deeper meaning. If don't subscribe to that, it will really have no purpose for you. It has been lost, for the most part, even, no, especially, among people for whom it is supposed to mean most. Honestly, I don't think Christ gives a crap about his birthday, and i don't think he gives a crap whether or not we remember it either, as long as we try to live and learn from what he teaches.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #13
om3gag0th666

It's not his birthday, it's based after a pagan holiday.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #14
PersephoneX

Its my birthday...
so its an excuse to get drunk...but seriously. If i'm a bitch towards someone all year round, i don’t change my attitude for a couple of weeks...its crap. I try and keep the peace in my family. But i don’t go out of my way to ass-lick. ESPECIALLY not when it comes to my dad’s side of the family.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #15
Pyre

Quote:
A correct point.
Christ was born sometime during the fall, not in the winter. It was about September or October or so.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

And still that cannot be but mere speculation.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
om3gag0th666

It's better speculation, and it's awfully STRANGE how another 'christian feast' is planted on a 'pagan holiday' just like halloween.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #18
Godslayer Jillian

And let's not forget easter. Except for the days of the saints, which is exclusive to the Catholic branch of Christianity, I don't think there's a genuine Christian festivity.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:22 AM   #19
Mir

Bah, most christian traditions are derivatives of pagan rites, for example, observing sunday as a day of rest and prayer. The roman emperor of the time was Pagan, who converted to christianity to unify the lands he had conquered and brutally forced the people to convert as well so they could all live under one, unifying religion.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:28 AM   #20
PersephoneX

ha ha ha...brutally forcing people into a religion seems to be an age old tradition for some cultures, ha?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

Brutally forcing people into an ideal doesn't confine itself into religions.
How much better were the oppression and deaths in behalf of the Communist block based in humanistic beliefs?
How much holier was our little friend Chairman Mao than Pope Sixtus IV?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
ha ha ha...brutally forcing people into a religion seems to be an age old tradition for some cultures, ha?

Muslims for instance. I was born into a muslim family, that would explain my extreme hatred for Islam, and religion in general. My parents are both practically atheists but they have to put on a facade for the benefit of relatives. You don't do that and you get stoned (and not the good kind either) or hung of a tree and so on.

And yes, imposing your beliefs on others is not confined to religion/sects of the said religion, but to many other things.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #23
emeraldlonewoulf

Quote:

I meant that it is traditionally celebrated as such, I never meant to imply that it was his actual date of birth.

For many people it is important to recognize certain dates, times of year, etc. in following their spiritual belief. It has never helped me any, and personally i can see no purpose in it.

As for the rest, I think it is human nature, our innate greed for power, to dominate those around us, that drives such historical takeover of belief. They figure that if they can sway peoples' belief, or force what they believe to change, that they will become more docile, easier to control.

Personally I believe it is up to each of us to both genuinely consider other schools of thought, and stand up for what we do believe, not let it get trampled. That does not, however, justify trying to force someone else to believe what we do. Be willing to share, but not force feed.

Understand that most (although not all) "religious" conversion boils down to one person or group seeking to dominate or control another. The motivation for this can range from simply trying to create a familiar comfort zone that includes the "converted" person, to domination of an entire nation or race. Occasionally, you will have belief shared through genuine care for another's well being. More often I think it is because people feel that they are "supposed" to care, and concentrate more on changing what someone thinks to match their own way, than genuine concern borne of love.

I think this is one of the reasons I differentiate between spiritual belief and organized religion so much. Or maybe I have just become cynical in my "old" age.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:11 AM   #24
Tumor

Quote:
It's better speculation, and it's awfully STRANGE how another 'christian feast' is planted on a 'pagan holiday' just like halloween.
And Easter... And Valntine's Day...
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #25
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
strange but practical...those that thought of this were no idiots. In order to make christianity half way as popular as paganism, they adopten some of the popular pagan traditions, this also being practical in case people are simply used to celebrating at a certain time : they will celebrate and everyone will say hay, this is the birthday of christ your're celebrating! And eventualy the throught would integrate itself into everyone's habits.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote