Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #17276
emeraldlonewoulf

That is one of the nicest clawfoot tubs I've seen in a while. You find a few here and there, unfortunately around here the old tubs end up in peoples' front yards with flowers growing in them. its a travesty.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #17277
honeythorn

What beasts! They could have sent one to me * pout * I could have lounged in it with the water overflowing, caressing a tap with my toe and eating a Flake ( crumbly chocolate bar ) in an orgasmic fashion....* sigh *
Old 01-13-2008, 02:44 PM   #17278
emeraldlonewoulf

indeed. But thats what you get in areas with ancient rural farmhouses. It truly is sad. I so hope to get a large clawfoot tub when I build my house. But that will be a few years down the road, I'm afraid.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #17279
Mir

I want to apologize for anything I might have said or done to cause any offense to you people. After a lot of thought and self reflection, I have realized that I am just a jerk, hypocrite and a selfish asshole and don't deserve anything that anyone has offered me over the years. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:52 PM   #17280
Delkaetre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
I want to apologize for anything I might have said or done to cause any offense to you people. After a lot of thought and self reflection, I have realized that I am just a jerk, hypocrite and a selfish asshole and don't deserve anything that anyone has offered me over the years. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Eh? What's wrong with you? Never had any trouble with you, unlike others on this board.
(if this is a joke, bear in mind I'm awful at reading humour online)
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-13-2008, 03:00 PM   #17281
Stormtrooper of Death

I agree, I haven't been offended at all by you.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #17282
Mir

I just had a very long weekend where I realized that, I am just a very bad person. I have not been a good son/grandson/friend to anyone I know. I don't think It applies so much to people here but I just wanted to make sure I said it here as well.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #17283
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
I just had a very long weekend where I realized that, I am just a very bad person. I have not been a good son/grandson/friend to anyone I know. I don't think It applies so much to people here but I just wanted to make sure I said it here as well.
Confession is good for the soul (in psych terms, catharsis).
BUT...I think you are a wonderful person. Everyone at one time or another does bad things, so change your thinking as "I made some bad moves" rather than "I am a bad person". You are a lovable, intelligent and GOOD person, and that is the TRUTH.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #17284
Mir

Thank you. God bless you wonderful people.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #17285
Delkaetre

Mir, you don't seem like a bad person. You may have mad mistakes, you may not have always shown people the affection or loyalty you feel they deserve, but we all do that. That you feel so wracked by it as to make this public pronunciation only suggests to me that you're a much better person than you realise.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #17286
Mir

I have made too many mistakes to even count. I need to stop making these mistakes and losing/alienating the people who do love me rather than trying to impress people who perhaps do not deserve what I am trying to offer them.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:28 PM   #17287
Delkaetre

It'll come to you in time. You only need to take a little more care with your actions, and I'm sure that you will. You seem so sorrowful tonight, has something happened or is it just a moment of epiphany?
Old 01-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #17288
Mir

A five year old (first cousin), an uncle who is also a psychiatrist and my mom and grandma.

I hope Karma isn't going to pay me back for all the trouble I have caused. I don't know what Salvia Divinorum did to me but I hope it is permanent.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #17289
Mir

Addition: My mom said that maybe she hadn't been a good mother to me. That made me cry for three hours on my way home from Sutton Coldfield. I don't know what I have done to have such a beautiful person in my life who gave up so much so I could have a stable life.

My Grandma said she was scared of death and that she wanted to spend time with all of us (her grand children) before she moved on to the next plane of existence.

My uncle talked to me about cognitive dissonance, social ills, hypocrisy, religion, tolerance and just about everything else under the known sun.

My cousin for being the beautiful little person and a tabula rasa that she was.

Salvia divinorum for whatever it did to me. I blacked out for about three minutes after I did it.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #17290
Delkaetre

Ahh, epiphany thanks to the open mind caused by mind altering substances.
Interesting that your typing remains so lucid.
And do recall... for all you may feel now, you are no less valid a being than any other, no less deserving of love, contempt, friendship, hatred, loyalty or anything else. Never consider yourself less than any other.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:55 PM   #17291
korinna5555

i claim the pampering of The Mistress!

And i will make Her some oven fries.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #17292
Delkaetre

Ah, you excellent girl.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #17293
HumanePain

And I shall play the Harp in the background! Or read aloud from her favorite story or poem.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:24 PM   #17294
Mir

Me and Salvia Divinorum crossed paths, sometime late friday night. The effects lasted a mere 5 minutes of which, I have no memory of the first three minutes.

I don't know if it was just the drug by itself. It was everything this weekend. I was just waiting to go off and this was bound to happen sooner or later.

I sent that original message out to quite a few people and some of them are worried I might be suicidal or something of the sort. I've spent the better part of the last hour trying to convince them I'm not.

Can I accompany you on the guitar HP? =)
Old 01-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #17295
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir

Can I accompany you on the guitar HP? =)
But of course!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #17296
Mir

*plays a mellow tune and slowly drifts off to sleep*
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #17297
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Ah, you excellent girl.
*bows head in submission to The Mistress*

Salvia is wonderful..
Old 01-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #17298
Delkaetre

Korinna, you *will* go fetch that palm leaf, won't you? It's a trifle warm in here.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #17299
korinna5555

*nods*

Old 01-13-2008, 05:32 PM   #17300
Delkaetre

And then you may help unlace my corset and put it away for the night. If you are a good girl, you shall have a reward.
Closed Thread