Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Saya

Israel to place Africans in detention camps

Quote:
Israel's interior minister said on Friday he hoped to soon start moving tens of thousands of illegal African migrants from Tel Aviv and elsewhere to a detention camp being built and a planned "tent city."

An Israeli court cleared the way on Thursday for the deportation of an estimated 1,500 South Sudanese, after ruling that their lives were no longer threatened in their homeland.

Interior Minister Eli Yishai told public radio 40,000 Sudanese and Eritreans were next in his sights.

"There are still about 15,000 from north Sudan and some 35,000 from Eritrea," he said. "I am not allowed to get them out at the moment."

He said he expected legal obstacles would be removed and that the government was also offering a grant to those prepared to leave voluntarily.

"They are close to being expelled either willingly or against their will," he said. "This is a number that threatens the Jewish identity."

As a first step, he said, illegals would be rounded up and moved to a detention centre being built in southern Israel at a projected cost of 250 million shekels ($6.7 million, 5.4 million euros).

"As soon as the facility is completed, which could be in a few months -- and alongside it we plan to put up a tent city with all the accepted conditions -- then we shall start moving migrants from south Tel Aviv, from (the Red Sea town of) Eilat ... wherever they are."

The rising number of Africans in Israel has hit the headlines in recent weeks, after a spike in racial tensions led to a riot in southern Tel Aviv, where tens of thousands of migrants live.

Interior ministry statistics show that approximately 60,000 African immigrants have entered Israel illegally, the vast majority of them from Sudan and Eritrea.

Some are refugees fleeing persecution in their home nations, but others are economic migrants.

Yishai said he estimated a further 6,000 may have sneaked across the border from Egypt undetected.

"I hope that in the coming months we shall be able to move all the infiltrators to detention facilities and allow Israeli citizens in south Tel Aviv and others to live in a proper way ... in quiet and security," he added.

Israel is building a giant, hi-tech security barrier along its 240-kilometre (150-mile) border with the Egyptian Sinai.

So far 170 kilometres have been erected and the project is due to be completed later this year.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...6171ca03f9.3e1
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Alan

What the fuck are they expecting Africans to do confined and on lock-down in the middle of the desert?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Jonathan

Concentrate?
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
LaGs sKill

You do not need to justify a prison. Taking freedom from people has it's own rewards.
LaGs sKill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Alan

Wait, what?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Saya

Old 06-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
AshleyO

I... what? Wait. What?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
Versus

Et tu, Isreal?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #9
ape descendant

Holy shit.

Quote:
"They are close to being expelled either willingly or against their will," he said. "This is a number that threatens the Jewish identity."
WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
Saya

Its the problem of being a "Jewish state", after the Holocaust I totally get why they would want their own country to defend themselves. However, the problem is, what happens when Muslims, Arabs or Africans are in the picture, and may possibly one day out number them?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Holy shit.

WTF is that even supposed to mean?
""They are close to being expelled either willingly or against their will," he said. "This is a number that threatens the German identity."

There. It should make sense for you now. Nationalism. It's alive and well.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
LaGs sKill

Putting people in camps, reservations, tent cities or prisons is the one of the first steps in the denigration of a group based on race, class, ethnicity or religion. The authorities will use the incarcerated as a means to secure more money for their upkeep, more guards, more soldiers, more police and more laws restricting those chosen people. As has happened before, they may be forced to work at menial tasks which shows them in a negative characteristic for which they will receive little or no payment. Any resistance will be crushed violently while the authorities will dispel misinformation and slander. The entire group, be they Palestinians, Muslims or Africans will be presented as a problem, a threat to society and the nation. This means more money, more police, soldiers and more laws limiting the freedom and rights of everyone.

Or I could be mistaken.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
Solumina

I can't, I just have no words
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Despanan

Doesn't matter how oppressed you are or were; xenophobic nationalism is xenophobic nationalism and it is always wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
CptSternn

Whats really sickening is the Israeli 'Law Of Return'.

Thats the Israeli law that allows ANY JEW who wants to be an Israeli citizen and live in Israel simply ask and they are allowed, and in many cases are given 'free land' (*Note that 'free land' is usually disputed by the people who live there or were living there).

So Jews can move in all they want, but African refugees who have left war torn areas in search of a better life are not offered anything even close. In fact they are rounded up and put in 'dentition' camps. They call them detention camps because of the total irony which would be encountered if they called them what they really are.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #16
CIRQUEFREAK91

I wanna know where they got this idea of forcing a distinctive group of people into these 'camps'.
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
Saya

I'm not really comfortable with the comparisons to concentration camps. The goal isn't extermination, and we don't make the same comparison when our countries do the same.

Also, ya'll know that America and the UK has detention camps for immigrants too right? In which people have died?
Old 06-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
CIRQUEFREAK91

Perhaps it was too insensitive of me to suggest.

Refugees have also died in detention centres here in Australia.
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
LaGs sKill

We Americans are famous for our use of camps and reservations to control or eliminate a race or group of people. We practiced genocide against the nations of people who inhabited this continent. In WWII we took the property and houses away from people of Japanese decent who had lived in the U.S. for a century and placed them in camps. We have a present camp in Guantanamo Bay to imprison terrorists, however you define the term.