Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
LordMoldyButt666

Do you guys like Christian Death?

I really only listened to their first album, seeing as their second album didn't have any of the original members but rozz on it. I have always sort of wanted to find more music like that but I could never find any. I have been trying to find more interviews of rozz williams, he is really cute with his androgyny and stuff and I listened to an excerpt of an interview with him and I love his cute girly voice.

Anyways I am new to this forum, I don't know how strong the sense of community is on this website or anything. To say a little about me I am not elitist at all, I have sort of an interest in goth, I like goth music like bauhaus christian death the cure and tons of industrial (which I guess is pretty gothy). I identify with a lot of non traditional stuff like satanism although I am not a satanist. I am just hoping to find somewhere to have cool interesting talks, I hope this isn't like the 600 club (satanist website) where everyone is super harshly critical of you and stuff. I just wanna have fun. I am 21 and a guy so yeah if that even matters, fuck gender and sexual orientation norms. Hope I don't piss anyone off while I'm here (if I even use this website a lot). Then again not pissing people off is very hard.

I would also like to add that I like dark art like collages on the kulturkammer tumblr, abstract, surrealist art, photography. I spend a lot of time looking up that kind of thing on tumblr, darkness and that kind of thing is often what is most attractive to my mind, although tumblr may seem kind of lame from a more worldly perspective it's all I got, getting out in the world is hard when you are a very shy person and not a risk taker.
LordMoldyButt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #2
Acharis

No, we're strictly drum n bass here... hehe! Rozz is awesome, I'm hoping you can find more on him.

I don't know heaps about Christian Death having only some of the music, but have you tried looking for his film or searching for any interviews/music by his wife Eva O? Broadening the search can turn up more stuff.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Fuk yeah Christian Death! Cavity - First Communion is my personal fav but Romeo's Distress, Spiritual Cramp and others rule too, so many good tunes to savor.
I love Rozz too, I bought the book The Art of Rozz Williams, gorgeous stuff inside.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
LordMoldyButt666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
No, we're strictly drum n bass here... hehe! Rozz is awesome, I'm hoping you can find more on him.

I don't know heaps about Christian Death having only some of the music, but have you tried looking for his film or searching for any interviews/music by his wife Eva O? Broadening the search can turn up more stuff.
I haven't found many interviews with him except for one short one with him, it doesn't show him talking or anything. He looks and sounds like a cutey though.

I already said that like a month ago, damn. Yeah I haven't searched for more on him since then. That film looks like it could be interesting.
LordMoldyButt666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #5
Jon Wane

old thread, but I've been a Rozz Williams fanboy since high school. I like everything he's done, really. All the CD albums he sings on (including the proper studio albums from the 90's), Shadow Project, PE, Heltir, Daucus Karota, spoken word albums, collaborations, collage works, etc.

PE was actually what inspired me to get into making industrial/noise stuff.

I also like some of the early Valor-fronted CD material. Some of it is really very good, but, IMO, his incarnation of the band became totally unlistenable by the time Sexy Death God (even the title sucks!) came out, and they just get more and more abysmally terrible with each subsequent release... Absolute crap. I'm really not one of those unhinged Rozz fanatics who hates Valor on principle, the albums just genuinely suck.
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
Jon Wane

PS (because I can't see a button anywhere to edit my damn post):
Even though I don't consider myself "a goth", certain aspects of the subculture do resonate with me, and I think I am qualified enough to say that most self-described "goths" past the age of 17 (either physically or mentally) are neither satanists of any sort, or even especially down on religion.

Actually, a lot of artists associated with the gothic subculture are, to some degree, religious... Either explicitly Christian (David Tibet of Current 93), or having a "personal relationship with God", which I'm paraphrasing from something Rozz said in a late interview.

Speaking only for myself, though I am an atheist (in the sense that I don't consider an intelligent creator plausible, not that I refuse to acknowledge one), I am most certainly not down on religion, though I do consider any form of Satanism to be some pretty intellectually void, emotionally stunted, Juggalo-grade edgemaster shit.

I am truly happy for people who manage to find solace in religion, because living with the nihilistic existential baggage that comes with atheism is just depressing. I choose not to focus solely on all the negatives that can and do come out of religion. I like to keep things in perspective and simply appreciate the joy and the comfort it brings so many of the people I care about. The fact that it can serve as such a positive and deeply inspiring outlet for some (again, David Tibet comes to mind) really means a lot to me.
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:44 PM   #7
Pr1aP1sm

I've been watching this thread since I stumbled in here.
Not much activity. Which I found a little odd.

Let me start by saying..."I am Not one of those Rozz fanboys."
I like his stuff just fine... 'Only Theatre Of Pain' was good, and I still rock it once in a while.
Nor am I a Valor Fan. He's actually a good guitar player. (For the time and scene)
But he got goofier, and goofier as time went on.
I am more of a Gitane Demone fan, So for me Christian Death is 1984 to about 1990.
('Ashes', 'Catastrophe Ballet', 'Sex, Drugs, + Jesus Christ'; 'Atrocities',...Etc.)

Now, 'Sexy Death God' and everything after it... I just don't like.

A few good ones;

Incendiary Lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iKYFcmrIHzM

Believers Of The Unpure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7XzDqMD-5YU

Tales of Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoh...yer_detailpage

I would love to hear some of this material re-mastered (Just a Bit),
But I know that might take away from it's 'Old School Goth' feel.

I must admit to a few parties ending with us all whacked and listening to
"The Third Antichrist", over and over and over.
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:52 AM   #8
Dagelv

Oh nice. My fav band. Funny enough I was listening to one of the previous new tracks last night while i was working on FXTM, plus some older.
Dagelv is offline   Reply With Quote