Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:18 AM   #76
Goblin King

If Hole and Babes in Toyland get a look in (on a Goth thread???) then check out McQueen from Brighton UK. Awsome live shows. Bags of talent, all Girl (that means TWO female singers) and about to take the world by storm. websites www.mcqueenmusic.com or www.myspace.com/mcqueen. Ballsy Rock'n'roll reminiscent of Hole at thier best.
Goblin King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #77
pitseleh

There's a fantastic black metal band (or "grey metal", I guess, they're not all that satanic) from San Francisco by the name of Ludicra. Really good. They actually have two female lead vocalists, who make the most insane screaming and growling noises. They also play guitar and bass, respectively.

Definitely check them out if you're into real blackened fury that doesn't sound like it was processed through a thousand filters of pretentious epic cotton-candy.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #78
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin King
If Hole and Babes in Toyland get a look in (on a Goth thread???) then check out McQueen from Brighton UK. Awsome live shows. Bags of talent, all Girl (that means TWO female singers) and about to take the world by storm. websites www.mcqueenmusic.com or www.myspace.com/mcqueen. Ballsy Rock'n'roll reminiscent of Hole at thier best.
Noone specified that the female lead singers had to be of a gothic band.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #79
Goblin King

True however it was a throw away comment in an recommendation to enlarge your musical experience, designed not to take the emphasise off McQueen. Shall we discuss Kylie, Pussycat Dolls or Charlotte Church???
Goblin King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 05:17 AM   #80
Voodoo_Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin King
True however it was a throw away comment in an recommendation to enlarge your musical experience, designed not to take the emphasise off McQueen. Shall we discuss Kylie, Pussycat Dolls or Charlotte Church???
Maybe we can include my favorite--ABBA lol

I like Beki Bondage who was mentioned already, and I like Siouxsie as well.

I am on Myspace and found this band called Betty X. I like her sound, sort of metal-ish(?)
Voodoo_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #81
Beowulf

Theatres Des Vampires, are an excellent band. They have a really good vocalist, Sonja Scarlett, who now does all the vocal parts for the songs, since Lord Vampyr (the original vocalist,Sonja performed the female vocals ) left the band in 2004.

I reccomend visiting their official website:

Theatre Des Vampires

Another artist who is worth checking out is the Great Kat who is probably one of the best, and fastest guitar players on the planet (check out her version of `Flight of the Bumble-bee).

The Great Kat writes some excellent thrash metal songs (Kat prefers the term Hyperspeed, which she describes as the music of the 21st century).

You should hear her version of Chopins `Funeral March`, and for pure moshing insanity, the classic `Satan Says` off the `Worship me or Die` album

Another thing she sings.

For more info see link below...

The Great kat
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #82
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I'm partial to Tairrie B. (spelling of her name may or may not be correct) of My Ruin.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:35 AM   #83
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Didn't that girl from Nightwish quit?
I just caught this... *opps* "That girl" is Tarja Turunen, and yes she quit... she has an amazing voice but is married to "yoko ono" so to speak. He convinced her that she was worth more then Nightwish had to offer so she quit based on pure vanity.

Now watch her crash and burn..
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:04 AM   #84
Blushing Heliophobe

Wow, I didn't know that anyone else in the whole world had heard of My Ruin. I am not really into them but I like chick fronted bands so I listen sometimes. She's got more balls than most men I know
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:22 AM   #85
butterflyfearie

I've just missed My Ruin play Nottingham this time round, as I've said I saw them twice already. So not a huge loss. Don't they have a new album out?
butterflyfearie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #86
UnreflectedMirror

Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation.
UnreflectedMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #87
She_Is_My_Sin

Tristania's Vibeke Stene has a very beautiful & fragile voice...it's changed alot from their first album to Ashes , but then again their whole sound changed. I was going to mention Kate Bush , I was brought up listening to her so I don't mind her songs.Persephone are also very good (the singer is also in L'ame Imortelle).
I am going to say this about Amy Lee - her voice is quite nice on the album(s) but in my opinion she's fairly weak live...it disapointed me quite abit...
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #88
Godslayer Jillian

The best vocalits was Tarja. Too bad she's not on Nightwish anymore

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #89
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
The thing that I really like about Tairrie B. is the fact that she does have balls.
I've always been attracted to people who have this "I really don't give a fuck" kind of attitude...
But hey, that's just me...
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 AM   #90
She_Is_My_Sin

Hanging Doll are extremely good too.I can't wait for the album to be released soon.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:42 PM   #91
Beowulf

Ghost Orgy, I saw them on TV recently, and they have a really good vocalist (can`t remember what her name is...).

Click here for Ghost Orgy`s website

This band is worth checking out !!!

Old 02-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #92
Death101

Lullacry
Made Out of Babies
Crisis
Chaoswave
Arch Enemy
Poe
Dresden Dolls
Death101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #93
Lackluster_Heavens

wow...Had noone ever heard of Flowing Tears? They are my favorite band and they have a female lead.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #94
Lackluster_Heavens

I am not entirely sure were they are from, somewhere in europe I believe, might be germany, not sure though. And i'm not very good at describing bands to people so go to www.flowingtears.de and you can download a couple of their songs.
Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.
Lackluster_Heavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #95
She_Is_My_Sin

Yep I've heard of them. I personally didn't like her vocals, but then again you can like whoever you want.
Midnattsol are quite good. The lead singer's older sister is Liv Kristine from Leave's Eyes.
On Throns I Lay are pretty good. I've only heard two songs though...
Have Beseech or Delight been mentioned?
Hmm...maybe you could try 'Gothic' by Paradise Lost. I've been told many times it's the creator of the female gothic-metal scene.
Someone mentioned Darkwell aswell. I brought their Metat[r]on album.That is definitely a no-go.Her voice was good, but the awful out of tune music & lyrics spoiled it completely.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #96
Metatron

How about The Pretenders? They're good!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #97
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
Theatres Des Vampires, are an excellent band. They have a really good vocalist, Sonja Scarlett, who now does all the vocal parts for the songs, since Lord Vampyr (the original vocalist,Sonja performed the female vocals ) left the band in 2004.
Beowulf I <3 you soooo much!
I know this topic hasn't been active in a while, but I was browsing & caught this piece of valuable info. I <3 T.D.V to bits & own nearly all their albums. Definitely worth checking out.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #98
maggot

Has Jackoff Jill already been said? I think that they're a great band.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #99
Beowulf

Cool

<3`s She_Is_My_Sin,

Theatres Des Vampires are amazing, their music is so atmospheric, operatic, and theatrical.

Have you heard about the new DVD thats out soon...

Important news for the band’s fans!
The first official band’s DVD has been announced by Plastic Head/Blackend (UK). “Theatres des Vampires, The Addiction tour 2006” will be out in the second half of 2006, probably will be in all the stores of the world in May 2006 (the date isn’t fixed yet).
9 Live songs are present:
Never Again, Pleasure and Pain, My Lullaby, Angel of Lust, Lilith Mater Inferorum, Dances with Satan, La Danse Macabre du Vampire, Forever in death and Queen of the Damned.
Sonya Scarlet will tell the story of the band in an exclusive interview, and there’ll be pictures taken from the secret Theatres des Vampires archive, that have NEVER been published before.
There’ll be also a picture gallery with a lot of EXCLUSIVE pictures from the tour of 2006 and, as a bonus, the band’s old videoclips (Lilith Mater inferorum and Angel of Lust).
More than 70 minutes dedicated to all the fans!
The video parts are taken from the concerts in: London, Prague, Berlin and Zagreb.
The live recordings in Zagreb was then mixed in Rome by Davide Pettirossi.
Damn’ if you miss this dvd!

2006’ll be a year full of promise!
And this is only the beginning..

(official website)

Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #100
She_Is_My_Sin

Yeah! I was gonna go see them live on Halloween because they were playing down south, but I'd been invited to a birthday party (I dressed up as a vampire in honour). Me & my friend who <3's them also were gonna dress up as Scarlet & Justine for it, we were gonna rope in some guy to be Lord Vampyre, with the promise that we would definitely do a demonstartion of the middle page of the Bloodly Lunatic Asylum sleeve heh!
I'll definitely be sniffing around for that DVD, like I did with their newest album. You should also check out Lord Vampyre's solo career, that's pretty good also. I'd like to hear Sonya's interview, the band's history has been pretty shrouded from all I've discovered.