Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #76
sweetdreamr23

About half my clothes are from the thrift store.
sweetdreamr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #77
TheBloodEternity

I've found some amazing shirts at goodwill, but pants and skirts from there never seem to fit me.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 AM   #78
Opteron_Man

I don't have alot of money to throw around, so I buy loads of stuff from thrift stores. My tees are from there, and my pants too.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:54 AM   #79
Jaye Jang

Opteron Man, If Something Wicked, here, has finally gotten their web site up, that is where I got my leather trenchcoat, comfortably pre-loved and for only $15.00 -- and it's knee length.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #80
Madarame

I only ever seem to buy books from them (recently got a book on Political Ideology for just twenty five pence). Decent mens clothes are impossible to find in the ones near me, just a bunch of old suits, I've occasionaly found some good boots in them but they are never in my size.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #81
Blackbird

I hope I'm not too late to join this discussion.

I shop at thrift stores mostly, not just because of my lack of funds. I've found some very high quality things there, including a brown leather trench coat and the complete works of Poe. It's funny, sometimes, because I find something I like, and then I get home and look at the label to find that it's Old Navy, Banana Republic, or some other store I don't usually go into.
Blackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #82
XxBloodyrosexX

I love Thrift and vintage stores!! I just wish there were more around. You can't find anything in south central Pennsylvania!! There are Amish though, sit on my Aunt's porch and look out, you'll see a horse and buggy every 15-20 minutes, no kidding. If I run up to Harrisburg there is a decent vintage/thrift store but, the only thing really close is a salvation army and you can't find much of anything there... there is no culture around here, except the Amish.
Though, if I ever want any authentic Civil War era clothing (if I find the $) I can just get driven (I'm in high school w/out a car, both parents work) to Gettysburg (not far at all, like 15-20 min.) and go into the shops. Have you ever been there? It's awesome!! that is where I wear corsets. My parents think it's innapropriate for a girl under 18 to wear a corset (and they're probablly right) but if i'm doing a reenactment they can't say anything!!! (I once wore this pretty mourning gown w/ this pretty matching parasol! Loved it!!!)
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 PM   #83
Kij.

I love them, I think a bit too much. But the deals are great if you poke around in the right places.
Kij. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #84
First Fallen

It's the best way to find gothic/old sinister clothing, well the best way in Georgia
First Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #85
SiouxsiePernova

The vast majority of my wardrobe has been procured from second-hand stores and it pleases me that the revenue from my purchases helps to fund the charities that run them.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #86
Zabijej

I loves me the thrift stores!
Zabijej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #87
ghostboy

I get all kinds of amazing stuff at thrift stores. Including both velvet and silk frock coats and all sorts of amazing music (because I still own a tape player).
ghostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #88
Rylee

I live in a really small town, there is a downtown area with a few used clothing stores and antique shops so i tend to shop there frequently.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote