Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:09 AM   #76
amyleefan

Evanescence is one of the favourite band of me..Their songs are meaningful and Amy Lee'S voice is quite good..Their last album is on august i think,because terry has an illness ..Because of this reason the album time has delayed..But the single will released on may or march..i forgot
amyleefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #77
WolfMoon

Yeah, we'll just be over here quivering in our doc's til that next piece of gawthy goodness comes forth into the light.

/sarcasm
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #78
Dr. Faust

Im sure I need not tell you that Amy Lee is an Arkansas native. (As Iam I)
Ben Moody now operates a photography studio in Conway, Arkansas. (Ben Moody Photography) I saw him once in Hot Topic several months ago. I forgot where I read it , but Amy Lee apparently went off on the Rap industry after the Vibe awards showing giving them Hell and dissing their music and claiming bias in the music industry in that Goth and Heavy Metal bands with a lot of talen, are frequently overlooked because of the Rap fixation in the music industry. I agree 100% and it made me like even more for having the courage to say so!
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:10 AM   #79
DarkWings666

evanescence have done some good songs (eg. lies, the orginal version of whisper) but they are not as good as other bands like after forever and lacuna coil. i think they get slagged off more than is strictly necessary. so they're dirty sell outs and she's a controling bitch? who cares? it doesn't change the quality of the songs.

p.s. i saw within temptation live and they rocked. it was the best gig i've ever been too. sharon den adel is a godess. if you ahven't heard them then you're deprived.
DarkWings666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #80
She_Is_My_Sin

If the have songs like "So Close", "Lies" or even if they jazz up "Understanding" abit more on their next album I'll consider buying it.I have no doubt that it will be almost a clone to "Fallen" though.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #81
Queenofdarkness57

Does anyone know in which album can I find their songs " Anywhere" and " Where Will You Go"?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:53 AM   #82
She_Is_My_Sin

I got a CD with both of them on in a market stall in Camden.That wasn't really helpful...maybe you just need to look around.The album is called Origins by the way if that's what you wanted to know.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #83
Queenofdarkness57

Oh, that's their first album released! The songs are great by the way.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #84
Sanctus Dei

Too much Amy Lee admiration going on here.. granted I like her fine but give the band some credit, I'm pretty damn sure she didn't write the music.

I appreciate their work, even like it... but her voice can't beat out Taria or the incredibly perfect Anneke. Seriously, how many of you take a walk to the other side of the tracks? Just past your comfort zone?? There is a whole world out there your ignoring because you let the media and what's "hot" cloud your judgement. Expand your musical playground people, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:44 AM   #85
sensuous0mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodLover
I LOVE EVANESCENCE! Amy Lee is one of the most beautiful people in the world! I also LOVE how she is NOT some slutty whore, and CAN put together an amazing outfit and look like a goddess!

Okay, but Xnguela is all of that too. Does that mean she should have a record deal?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #86
Sanctus Dei

Yep.. Let's find her a band stat!! Any useless tripe Xng sells out for...I'd buy; cd's, baby-tees, posters, singles, underwear..etc. Long live Xng!!!

*grin* Go Omar...!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #87
sensuous0mar

I play guitar...poorly and piano....also poorly. Can I be in the band that will forever support, but never get any credit for, Xnguela?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #88
Ash60988

sorry, i do not know what to tell you i wen to the evanescence website to see if i can find out anything and i could not find anything on their site. sorry.
Ash60988 is offline   Reply With Quote