Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #26
She_Is_My_Sin

Aliens & robots. I can't explain why, but I have an impending fear that either robots will over power humans (I watched the Animatrix & it totally freaked me out) & harm man in a disgustingly cruel fashion.

Or that perhaps aliens might do the same.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #27
DrenchedInGin

I'm with Tanzanari. I'm frightened of being suffocated. And large crashing waves, for some reason. And violence in general, although blood 'n guts doesn't usually worry me.

I really like spiders, though...
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I have an impending fear that either robots will over power humans
Don't worry. These movies are made by simple human logic. If there ever is such a thing as Artificial Intelligence, they don't necessarily have to be reigned by the straight-forward desire of Man to be the self-crowned lord of the cosmos.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #29
Mr_Knuckles

I can truely say that I have no known fears (save the precautional fears meant to keep us from harm, ie. don't touch fire, don't jump off buildings, don't shove pointy objects into your belly, etc..) I'm not afriad of death, not afraid of insects or animals, not afriad of confined spaces, and I'm not afraid of clowns. Interesting story: About a week ago, my girlfriend and I were traveling in some rather rough weather. We get to a long stretch of road and I just happen to look to the left. There, about 300 yards away, was a funnel cloud (beginging formation of a tornado). I made my girlfriend aware of it and she started freaking out. All the while I was trying to get her to grab my camera from the back seat and take pictures. I couldn't because I was busy driving. =P
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM   #30
Macabre

The Black Death - Yoko Ono.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #31
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Knuckles
There, about 300 yards away, was a funnel cloud (beginging formation of a tornado). I made my girlfriend aware of it and she started freaking out. All the while I was trying to get her to grab my camera from the back seat and take pictures. I couldn't because I was busy driving. =P
So I'm assuming you didn't end up snagging a photo then? That's still so cool though, being that close to a funnel cloud.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #32
PersephoneX

we dont get those here...the worst we have is drought and Great White Sharks...and they're sooooooo CUTE!
Death is the one thing we ALL know we cant escape, so why fear it?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #33
ViciouslyBeautiful

I think I don't exactly fear it, just am not ready for it yet.
ViciouslyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #34
Mr_Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
So I'm assuming you didn't end up snagging a photo then? That's still so cool though, being that close to a funnel cloud.

Nope, no photo. *tear* It was an awesome experience though. In the town where I live there's been a total of 2 twisters since I've lived there (20 years). So, it was nice to get to see one form. I'm guessing this one didn't actually touch down or do any damage because it wasn't in the newspaper.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #35
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
Death is the one thing we ALL know we cant escape, so why fear it?
My thoughts exactly. We all know that at some point, we're gonna meet death face-to-face and it's going to take us. Fearing it is just going to make the rest of our lives miserable.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #36
Euphoric Nightmare

Being locked in/ trapped somewhere. Especially if it is a really small place.
Euphoric Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #37
c130

Cancer. I can't stand to even read the word let alone hear it said or discussed. I get creeped out by most flying bugs, but I'm not actually scared of anything like I'm scared of cancer. It's not even that I'm scared of death. I look forward to death (though I'm not suicidal, life's a blast and I don't want it cut short either). It's having a long-drawn-out painful wait that I hate the idea of. All that makes it pretty difficult for me to want to sit and watch medical dramas on TV.

Quote:
I'm a self-diagnosed hypochondriac. I'm always worried that I have this disease or that form of cancer... There's been a few times where I have convinced myself that I'm having a heart attack or an aneurysm.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm the same. It started after I got a swollen lymph node (I guess) in my ear lobe (though I don't have any piercings), and it completely freaked me out.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #38
spookypurple

I keep dreaming about losing my teeth. It's one of the (quite a few) things that scare the giblets out of me.

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #39
cradle

I'm scared of getting a sudden death...no time to know whether I'm dying or not...I'de rather fade out, and make everything go black slowly, knowing my fate.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:33 AM   #40
Stormswing

My fears are manifold.

I hate, loathe and despise spiders - not just living ones, but dead ones too. As far as i'm concerned, the only good spider, is one that has been squashed into goop.

I also dislike small spaces, but only if I can't move.

And I don't like water if I can't see the bottom. Sometimes, when I stand on the edge of something above deep water, like a peer perhaps, I get an overwhelming urge to either jump in, or to throw something personal or valuable like my wallet or a book I'm reading, in.
I get the same thing when I sit next to an open window in a car.
I think I might have a mental disorder or something...hmm, maybe I should see a Psychiatrist.

On a brighter note, I'm not afraid of death, and though I wouldn't like to be mutilated or disfigured, the thought doesn't keep me up at night.
Stormswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #41
davethedarklord

I'm afraid of myself,I hate this person and will fight with him till the end.
davethedarklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #42
Decay|Of|Belief

I've always been interested with fright by the unknown, in a paranormal sensus, though have sought it out despite that fact -- and actually have taken away from that fear with the knowledge I've gained in research.
But, arachnids, on the other hand -- are not friends of mine I hold true; plain ole' icky.
Can't stand em'. I'll walk home at night on occasion, and along the street step body through an empty web with the impression that now this *thing* must be clinging to my body SOMEWHERE and practically beat myself to death because of it; crawly things.. just.. no. Bad.
And, probably last, but not least is being tied down for a long period of time, like say, what's an example -- being pinned to the ground and unable to get up, entered into a longterm relationship, or something where it's too much a period for me to withstand my stay, accompanied by a feeling of no escape present; that kinda' deal.
Decay|Of|Belief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #43
Dizzy1313

If you dream about your teeth falling out, it means that you are worried about getting old (I kept having that dream a while ago).
Also, I just read in a book that if you are scared of spiders, it means that you have a subconscious worry that you're bi-sexual. Okaaaaaay. Interesting.
My fears are sharks, snakes, and my brother dying. Otherwise I'm not afraid of anything, and my middle name is Danger.

Last edited by Dizzy1313; 09-28-2006 at 02:05 PM. Reason: did it wrong
Dizzy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #44
BlackButterfly

As much as people annoy me, I fear being utterly alone. Not like "without a relationship" or "without friends" alone, but in the sense of not being able to even sense a single life form around me...

::struggles with words::

I would rather be in a sea of strange life forms than be the only living anything in a large space.

Aaagh, I can't explain it the way I want to... but does anyone get my drift?
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #45
Godslayer Jillian

Something that doesn't scare me but freaks me out... holes.
Fucking holes! >_<

One hole, I can handle; like in doughnuts; but when you see worm holes in the dirt, or a puncture wound... I can stand the blood and bone and flesh, but if the wound is so deep you can only see pitch black inside it.... agh!!
Also, those damned frogs that have holes in their backs so that they can bury their offspring in them.
Fucking holes! Someone should fill them up.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:04 PM   #46
poesraven333

Insanity and drowning-I hate black water.
poesraven333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:11 AM   #47
Dante_Caligari

Spiders. I have this shed at home that if FULL of barn spiders, spiders the size of a fifty cent piece, and I will NOT go into that shed.
Germs. Getting sick is one of the most annoying and frightening things that I have to deal with.
Hell. (At least, in its stereotypical form.) An eternity of pain and torture would demand SOME fear, I think.
Dante_Caligari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #48
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Losing the people I care about most.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #49
deathbecomesme

Uh the thing that scares me the most is the being alone, i mean like no one around not in the loose people sense but in the no one is thier period sense.
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #50
jebes

I have an extreme fear of spiders. It's not even a normal fear of them its a little out of control if I see a spider its like I am paralized with fear until someone kills it.
jebes is offline   Reply With Quote