Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #126
Solumina

Jake and I have been lacking in motivation so we have joined fitocracy. So far the points/leveling system seems to be helping, and the quests have gotten me to move outside my normal routine (which was pretty much running on the elliptical until I feel like death and nothing else). It's in beta right now so it is invite only but I have plenty left, if anybody wants to try it out just PM me.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #127
Fruitbat

Ah I haven't done any real exercise for about 3 weeks. Babybat is sick and won't be going to the creche at the gym for 3-5 days. I will be a cranky bat - although I have built three garden beds, so I guess it counts.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #128
BlacKat

Well I just had my exercise enforced - my new dorm is a mile and a half off campus and I don't have a car.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #129
Solumina

Well I guess that works, I wish you lots and lots of good weather. For when the weather isn't so awesome is there another way for you to get to campus? I know that a lot of universities offer free (or very discounted) bus vouchers, don't know if that may be an option for you.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #130
Grausamkeit

I'm going to start riding my bike in the fall when the weather gets cooler. I'm not going out there in 100+ degree heat. My endurance is going up with jumping rope and my ass looks spectacular these days. ^_^

I've also been having fruit or a protein/granola bar for breakfast on school days when it's too early to eat before class. My appetite has gone down a lot and I have a bit more energy. It feels good to be getting back in shape.

edit~ I just wanted to mention, one of the things that keeps me motivated is to look up someone's routine if I like the way they look. I recently looked up Stacy Keibler's exercise regimen and it's a lot! But it shows you that people only get and stay in shape if they are disciplined and work for it. No one naturally looks like that.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #131
BlacKat

I do actually have a bus service run by the university monday-friday. So I don't have to walk, which is especially nice because I have a night class and do not fancy walking back alone after dark.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #132
Saya

Once school starts I think I might have a badminton buddy! Me and my sister have taken to playing in the house but its not as fun.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #133
Solumina

Ooooo I love badminton, I wanna play!
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #134
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Once school starts I think I might have a badminton buddy! Me and my sister have taken to playing in the house but its not as fun.
What do you use as a court and net inside the house? Almost makes me wish I had siblings.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #135
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
What do you use as a court and net inside the house? Almost makes me wish I had siblings.
The living room and an imaginary line. Poor man's badminton.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #136
CuckooTuli

I've never really been a sporty type per se, and generally resist it, but on the rare occasion someone does manage to draw me into a game of something I tend to get really into it and go all competitive. Weight isn't really a problem (if I find myself tyre-ing around the middle I'd usually just watch what I eat for bit) but lately, as years of smoking combined with moving into the late half of my twenties have seen me getting out of breath more easily, I've been thinking about taking up something fun once or twice a week just to stay fit.

My most recent idea has been martial arts of some kind. I discovered a little while back that I'm actually not bad in a sparring situation - a fact which shocked me more than anyone, given that I'm incapable of walking through a room without banging into at least three pieces of furniture.

Anyone want to recommend any particular kind? I'd be looking for something reasonably easy to pick up (as mentioned, I'm not looking get uber-sporty but am competitive enough that I'll get pissed off if I suck for too long ) and fun without being too intense.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #137
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Anyone want to recommend any particular kind? I'd be looking for something reasonably easy to pick up (as mentioned, I'm not looking get uber-sporty but am competitive enough that I'll get pissed off if I suck for too long ) and fun without being too intense.
Wrestling makes for a good full body work out, but it's especially taxing on cardio. To put that into perspective, I get about as winded from 5 minutes of wrestling as I do from a 300 meter sprint.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 AM   #138
CuckooTuli

Haha, thanks, but I'm pretty sure I'm too muscle-less to be much cop at that kind of right up close facing off. I have to pretty much take my friends by surprise with a full-force bodyslam to avoid ending up in a choke-hold. Something that looks awesome and is zero practical use against actual real attackers would be more up my street, I think.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #139
Solumina

What about fencing?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 09-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #140
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
I've never really been a sporty type per se, and generally resist it, but on the rare occasion someone does manage to draw me into a game of something I tend to get really into it and go all competitive. Weight isn't really a problem (if I find myself tyre-ing around the middle I'd usually just watch what I eat for bit) but lately, as years of smoking combined with moving into the late half of my twenties have seen me getting out of breath more easily, I've been thinking about taking up something fun once or twice a week just to stay fit.

My most recent idea has been martial arts of some kind. I discovered a little while back that I'm actually not bad in a sparring situation - a fact which shocked me more than anyone, given that I'm incapable of walking through a room without banging into at least three pieces of furniture.

I think the best thing to do is to narrow it down by seeing who teaches what and who is a good teacher in your location. We got a few martial arts teachers here but some only teach basics, some focus more on teaching kids and there's no adult classes, some are free because they're taught at my university.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #141
honeythorn

Exercise for the weekend - Lugging 30 kilos of camping shit on a HUUGE backpack on and off 3 trains and through Birmingham , running like a fucking bugger round a 20 foot flaming wicker man, leaping over the firey fallen remians of said wicker man, and lugging all the camping shit back again at the end of the weekend.

And it's aerobics tomorow, Yoga on Tuesday, Gym wednesday and friday, bodyattack Saturday, and possibly swimming on sunday.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #142
Grausamkeit

I know it probably doesn't need to be said, but please do not hurt yourselves trying to fit someone else's ideal of beauty(that probably doesn't exist in the real world).

Old 09-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #143
Versus

I'm really annoyed. I haven't had time to exercise at all lately, and I think it's starting to show. I wouldn't normally care, but I'm shooting to be Mr. February in the sexy calendar.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #144
Grausamkeit

Just remember that girls are watching, Versus.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #145
Versus

/Flex

So, how about you ladies treat your clothes like patriarachle gender roles and toss them aside so I can see what's underneath all that oppression?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #146
Grausamkeit

Nice try, dude!

Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #147
Versus

I don't know what you're talking about.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #148
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
So, how about you ladies treat your clothes like patriarachle gender roles and toss them aside so I can see what's underneath all that oppression?
Wow. That's a lot of words just to say, "Get naked for me."

A "please" might have been nice.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #149
Versus

Nobody understands me!

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #150
Solumina

V baby, just don't forget that patriarchal gender roles oppress everyone so don't forget to throw yours off too
-Carbon Leaf