Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Sanguine Mind

Cosmetic surgery addict injected cooking oil into her face

Quote:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...94-401,00.html

A WOMAN addicted to cosmetic surgery is unrecognisable after injecting cooking oil into her face.

The Daily Telegraph in London reports Korean woman Hang Mioku, 48, had her first cosmetic surgery procedure at 28 and was hooked, moving to Japan for more.

Eventually surgeons refused to carry out any more work and she returned home, where her face had changed so much her family didn’t recognise her.

Ms Hang’s parents took her for treatment for her addiction, but it didn’t last. She soon found a doctor who would give her silicone injections and he even gave her a syringe and silicone so she could self-inject, the paper said.

When her supply ran out, she used cooking oil.

Her face became so large compared to her small body that local children called her “standing fan”, the newspaper reported.
After appearing on Korean TV, viewers sent donations so she could have surgery to reduce the size of her face. The first of several operations removed 60g of oil from her face and 200g from her neck.

Her face has been left scarred and disfigured, and Ms Hang said she would like her old looks back.
Click the link for pics.
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Albert Mond

It's like a monster...
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
Dr Nancy

She looks like a Mr Potato head puppet.
Dr Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:25 AM   #4
Beneath the Shadows

Oh, god, it's like some sort of horrible ventriloquist's dummy.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

I wonder if she got any infections from using the syringe herself.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
And she was so beautiful before. 'Tis a shame.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
TurquoiseXx

I agree Humane. I wish that some people could learn to love themselves a little more.
TurquoiseXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:10 AM   #8
Lex

I have to wonder what could drive a person to mutilate themselves in such a way.

this was left as a comment to the article:

"am a Korean plastic surgeon, Rhee SC. I had known the miserable woman. I gave the medical certification of body dymorphic disorder and disability of face. Our Korean government protects her from psychiatric disability now. However, because I know the full story about her in Japan, I resented an unfavorable criticism from this news and broadcasting by Japanese. As I know, she was a singer having good talents of voice. She had gone to Japan, she was working at a theater in Japan. Although she had very good voice and beautiful face, a Japanese director of the theater does not like her face. At that times, as most Japanese preferred more round face, the director compel her to have fatty face and he recommended her to be injected of silicone to her face for more round face. It is the very first start of this miserable result. You, writer of this new, broadcasting company, should know what was happened to her and shame of this news; She is only a sacrifice of cruel society and segregation of nationality. You have no right to present this news and her face without her permission. You, telegraph.co.uk should give official apology to her."
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #9
Alain

Although I agree with the Korean doctor that posting a news article without the woman's permission could have upset her already strained psychological state, I really do feel a little relieved to see news like this.

There needs to be more media about plastic surgery, and how it is not a solution for emotional problems or needs. I'm sure you all agree with me there, though.

I wonder how many botched or failed plastic surgeries or abused plastic surgery cases there are from wealthy, English-speaking countries. I've never really looked into it myself.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Alain

Sorry for multiple posts, I just ran across this: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...13/2188273.htm

Apparently Australians outspend Americans per capita on plastic sugery. I'm not sure if that means we're having more operations, or if we just tend to have higher fees.

Or, since it is "per capita", that Australia just has far less residents, and far far less residents living below the poverty line, thus more in percentage though perhaps not more in total number, spending more on cosmetic surgeries.

I know somebody who has had plastic sugery, but he needed major facial bone reconstruction from an accident, so it wasn't a vanity operation.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.co...n_wildens.html

here's another monster for you.

the information ont he site is rather minimalistic. But she did this to herself becuase she wanted to keep her husband who apparently liked cats .

There are times when I hate men.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

The real shame is that she looked pretty good before all the surgery.
What an extreme thing to do!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM   #13
Trolling the Trolls

she looks like Ra_star and helmans baby.
Trolling the Trolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #14
Pineapple_Juice

I don't even know those two people and that's funny.
Pineapple_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #15
jeffreyfrog

Reply to: Cosmetic surgery addict injected cooking oil into her face

Do you think that will work? I never heard this before. Maybe she already have some bad feeling right now. For looking a surgeon just visit here head and neck cosmetic surgeon they will answer you very quick.
jeffreyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
Needlefeet

Dude, see above the names - the dates? There's a reason for that.

Amboss: Did you vote during the last Presidential election?
Daniel: Why, yes! I voted for Andi Sex Gang!
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:12 AM   #17
Faeir

Quote:
"am a Korean plastic surgeon, Rhee SC. I had known the miserable woman. I gave the medical certification of body dymorphic disorder and disability of face. Our Korean government protects her from psychiatric disability now. However, because I know the full story about her in Japan, I resented an unfavorable criticism from this news and broadcasting by Japanese. As I know, she was a singer having good talents of voice. She had gone to Japan, she was working at a theater in Japan. Although she had very good voice and beautiful face, a Japanese director of the theater does not like her face. At that times, as most Japanese preferred more round face, the director compel her to have fatty face and he recommended her to be injected of silicone to her face for more round face. It is the very first start of this miserable result. You, writer of this new, broadcasting company, should know what was happened to her and shame of this news; She is only a sacrifice of cruel society and segregation of nationality. You have no right to present this news and her face without her permission. You, telegraph.co.uk should give official apology to her."
Another person falling victim to harsh industrial society.

People with unstable mental health shouldn't go into the media, because hey presto, this is what happens. First they convince you to get plastic surgery.
Then you get addicted enough to inject cooking oil into your face.

It is, in my opinion, harsh that the way the article writes as if the woman is just a nutter right from the beginning.

Even that cat woman had that 'push' from the want to keep her husband. (I'm pretty sure it didn't help.)

Plastic surgery addiction = mass Michael Jackson rebirth.

Be careful, guys.
Faeir is offline   Reply With Quote