Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
c130

'Nother hair thread

It's about 6 inches long and completely unstyled, all I do in the morning is spray water on it, towel it down, then run out the door and look like a total moof by lunchtime. I just want to grow it long enough so I can ponytail it, and I figure, if I keep cutting it I'll never grow it long enough to tie back. Same with my fringe, it's in my face constantly but I don't want to cut it cos I just know that it'll need to go through that stage anyway sometime so it's better now rather than later (I'm just doing a favour to my future self).

I want to do something funky with it though. I miss my old undercut (though I can't really buzz it any more cos I'll be looking for a respectable job soon and will need to conform to society at least until I get it). Also I don't want anything that takes much more maintenance than brushing it when I wake up, so no Robert Smith influence plz. I also don't want to lose my natural dark brown.

Any ideas? Photos would be good.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
Minyaliel

Tried a fauxhawk?
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
c130

I have not. Don't think I'll suit it though. Might as well give it a go in front of a mirror anyway.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #4
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
It's about 6 inches long and completely unstyled, all I do in the morning is spray water on it, towel it down, then run out the door and look like a total moof by lunchtime. I just want to grow it long enough so I can ponytail it, and I figure, if I keep cutting it I'll never grow it long enough to tie back. Same with my fringe, it's in my face constantly but I don't want to cut it cos I just know that it'll need to go through that stage anyway sometime so it's better now rather than later (I'm just doing a favour to my future self).

I want to do something funky with it though. I miss my old undercut (though I can't really buzz it any more cos I'll be looking for a respectable job soon and will need to conform to society at least until I get it). Also I don't want anything that takes much more maintenance than brushing it when I wake up, so no Robert Smith influence plz. I also don't want to lose my natural dark brown.

Any ideas? Photos would be good.
I have no pics for ya, but my hair is very similiar to yours, maybe an inch shorter. I never fix it, but I have found that straightening it with a flat iron really does help. It makes it looks longer by taking the curl/wave out, and it looks much better even if you don't fix it after straightening it.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
c130

I'm going to the anti-Scientology protest in Edinburgh on the 15th March with Sweeney Todd hair, and I gave it a go today with some gel to see how easy it is. It's dead easy to style, but it doesn't stay up for more than ten minutes. D: Suggestions?

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/8373/sweeneydy9.jpg
Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
Freyia

I used to spike my friend's hair out with heavy duty hairspray and a hairdryer, one piece at a time. it took forever, but it stayed.....well, until it started raining.we also tried glue once. that also worked, and washed out with shampoo.
Freyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #7
c130

I suppose I'll need to buy a hairdryer. Doesn't it muss up the rest of your hair while you're working on it though, leaving you all fluffy? Or does it need to be set hot and low-power?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #8
Freyia

they have dryers with this little attachment that makes it easier to focus on one spot without it getting everywhere. Just start at the bottom layer and work your way up.

hmmm. that makes me wonder. now that I've chopped off my hair If i can do liberty spikes again....
Freyia is offline   Reply With Quote