Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
Necrophagist

Sweep Picking

Yeah I sound really fucking sloppy. I can't mute the strings whilst doing the sweep. Any advice?

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Felreaper

I'm not much better, I can assure you, but the best we can really do is start slow and practice.

But! If you're doing an arpeggio, make sure you do it with the right fingering as the chord.
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
Niccolo della Luce

Sweep picking is an incredibly difficult technique. Don't feel frustrated because you don't sound perfect yet. I only wish we didn't have magazines like Guitar World to make it sound like something any jackass with six strings can do. Ever read their lessons? "So then you just sweep up and down the arpeggio...." Ugh.

Definitely keep practicing it. I suggest starting off slowly and working your way up. It might take weeks, months, years to get as fast as you want to get, but you'll be damn good at it once you do.
Niccolo della Luce is offline   Reply With Quote