Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:08 AM   #1
HarryHaller

The Wolf is back

O Hai, craiturs, I was here back in the days when Gnet was great, Obama was president and I went kind of Goth, though I doubt I was ever one, still for some obscure reason I enjoy the company of Goths very much, since they have this great choice of attire, music & also this thoughtful, sensible way of talking about pretty much everything.

Due to my chronic laziness, I've just cpasted my old Intro & just for shit n giggles I'll update /pimp it up a bit. 'cause >10 years is a freakig long time, in theory (& practice) all your body cells are not the same, if you are wise you'd have learned something, but who said I wanted to be 'wise'...

1. What do you do and why
I still write.

2. Where are you from?
Now, I hate this question, I've always hated it. Like when people look at you, ask, you tell them the truth, but because the colour of your skin they insist 'Okay, but where are you from REALLY?'

Why... We can always talk about the weather instead, can't we?

3. Who is your favorite author?
Oh, not many changes here...

OLD ANSWER - Herman Hesse *obviously* . Sade . Nabokov . Dostoievski . Vladimir Holan . Kafka . RA Wilson

NEW ANSWER - Same as old, plus Burroughs (I guess 'cause he could get away with it, mainly), Kurt Vonnegut (sometimes), Thomas De Quincey, Mary Shelley, Wordsworth, Coleridge, Richard Wright, old S King, Anna Burns, John Milton, Ballard, Bram Stoker, some Oscar Wilde...

4. What are your favorite films?
Anything with Bela Lugosi. Glen or Glenda. The Fly (both the old & new, I even liked The Fly 2). Anything by Orson Welles. Most of Cronenberg films. Neon Demon. Some films by Arronofsky. Ex-Machina. Some Kubrick. Some Kurosawa. Rocky Horror Picture Show. Coraline. I love Ed Wood 'cause it's Ed & film was well done, but in general I'm over T Burton's spooky-but-cute, since the cute part kills it.
This might seem strange, but I'm into Infomercials that last 3 hours selling some bullshit I'll never buy. Crash tests are cool too.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I don't think that's gonna happen... Ever...

6. At your funeral?
Hmm, when you are gone nobody gives a fuck about your last wishes.
Are you asking me what song is playing on the fantasy of my own funeral? Lately I've considered 'Marian' by The Sisters of Mercy.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
OLD ANSWER - car crash or poison .

NEW ANSWER - car crash or suicide (I suspect I meant this by 'poison'). In any case I'd be careful so that no harm is done to (potential) bystanders.
Poison & shotguns. So either like Joan Vollmer or Marc Bolan.
(& coming back to haunt you, of course...)

8. What kind of casket would you want?
This is so childish... I want a casket, yes, but to sleep on it while I'm alive.
Again - NOBODY will give a fuck about your last wishes. It'll be taken care of as cheap & quick as the ones left behind can do (in case somebody is still around you).

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
OLD ANSWER - sunglasses
NEW ANSWER - Obviously shades & obviously black & huge. Lately I've been wearing this The Church-ish outfit - Black & Brown paisley hippie/romantic shirt, black pants, dark brown brogues, black tight pants (incidentally I'm still thin enough to be able to get away with them). Do I do the hair & make-up thing? Not as often as I'd like, since keeping a job to feed myself is a thing.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a teenager?
OLD ANSWER - a LOT of time to kill on parks or libraries . to be able just to enjoy everything because of the novelty , surprise , mistery of life
NEW ANSWER - To give a fuck in general, even if I gave too many fucks (to the point of insanity). Well, I miss the laughter when with friends, instead of the adult shit of talking 3 hours about fucking salad or yoga...
But I don't miss a ton of collateral damages, I don't have any nostalgic feeling for the past since gays were not allowed to marry, and don't get me started about tech...
And I don't 'miss' those days to the point of actually WISHING I could go back in time. This day is fine too. I'd rather live right here, right now. Or in the 19th century. But not forever...

11. What's your favorite band?
This is the meanest question EVER. I've grown up so much in terms of musical taste, I'm not even bothering to post the old shit... But YES, I admit that The Smiths & Morrisey were on the list. Now I still find some Smith songs were good, but I'd rush (or even listen!) to anything by the M turd. No, just NO.
Right now I'm back to The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission, London After Midnight, The Church, Kino (never heard of them? do yourself a favour...), The Cure, Siouxie, some Black, some Emmilie Autumn, and this band called The Wedding Present nobody here has ever heard of and no, it's not Goth, but I don't care...
I'm over NIN too. I never liked MManson. I'd rather listen to Ministry or Type O Negative.

I'm always after new stuff, so feel free to suggest anything, including your shitty band since I might start my own shitty band as well.

12. What kind of education do you have?
We don't need no education.

13. Why did you join?
OLD ANSWER - read *and maybe* post some literature , discuss ideas , find some brothers and sisters , start new projects *who knows ...*
NEW ANSWER - I work for the NSA, CIA and three other mean, 3-letter agencies you've never heard of (american, russian and chinese). We are after your ass. Go back and be a good citizen. Educate yourself on fascism. Be of some use to the ones who have given you SO MUCH.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Oh, fuck off...
HarryHaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
TrivialMorose

Welcome... back.

GNet is still great, just... dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHaller View Post
I'm always after new stuff, so feel free to suggest anything, including your shitty band since I might start my own shitty band as well.
Rabbit... hole.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:08 PM   #3
HarryHaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrivialMorose View Post
GNet is still great
Doesn't look like it.

Looks like a hostile takeover to me.

Have a great day Madam/Sir.
HarryHaller is offline   Reply With Quote