Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
Sufficient time.

Iīm sick of time.
Unlike some people of my age, I donīt have sufficient time to do the things I want to. I almost never finish my proyects, and when I have loads of homework, I just focus on them, leaving my friends and everyting else aside. And itīs even worse when I have tests....
=S Iīve tried to carrie a journal or a calendar...but it doesnīt seems to work.
T_T I know thisīll be important for my future....so I need to manage the time better.
Anyone has any ideas or commentaries ?
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
Clockwork

I know exactly what you're talking about. I think I make a point of complaining at least once every day that days should be 31 hours long or so. That'd make more time for sleeping, eating, and not having to decide between homework or life.

I suppose I don't have a perfect solution. But maybe you can try doing some activities every other day, and others in between? I don't know.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
MollyMac

Commit to only those things that you are certain that:

1) You want to accomplish
2) You can feasibly accomplish
3) You can accomplish without detriment to your life in total
4) You NEED to accomplish.

Don't take this the wrong way, as I am a victim of it myself, but a lack of prioritizing and overly commiting to things is a killer. Especially when you're in any school.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
emeraldlonewoulf

Here is an analogy my mother gave me several years ago in regard to this very problem:

Think of all the time you have as being inside a jar. There is only so much, and then you have none. Take the big things, the really, truly important things, and put them in first, rather like a pile of rocks.

Then you have a jar full of rocks. but wait, there's space between. So you pick the gravel (the not as quite important things) and fit them in around the rocks. Then the jar is really full. But again, then you can take sand, and fill the space to the very brim. Now the jar has to be full, right?

Wrong. then you can pour water in, and it will fill the tiniest, tiniest bits of space between the sand.

And now, you have your time planned around the big important things, so they get done, but you can see where to put all the other little crap that has to be done in life, too. And around it you have the flexible, interchangeable stuff that doesn't matter when but it still needs to get done.

Just try to start by focusing on the big, important things, and then work the other stuff in around it.

I found this really helped when I was trying to prioritze and plan things, both in my daily home life and at work.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
Frankenscott

http://www.orgcoach.net/newsletter/june2002.html
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
Cyntrox

I have exactly the same problem - in fact, I recently wrote a paper on it. However, for me it's the other way around - I don't do the school stuff, and rather do things I want to... But then I hate the way the school is put together...
Old 01-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
emeraldlonewoulf

I would like also to point out that what you consider to be important may be very different from what the people around you think is important.

Your friends think spending time with them is important, your parents think your schooling should take priority. You may wish to dedicate a good percentage of your time to artwork, or music, or pure physics. I don't know.

Just make sure that your priorities are your own, or at least the biggest ones.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
Mir

I work eight hours a day, add two hours of travelling (two way) and eight hours of sleep. That only leaves me with six hours for myself. Six hours of guitar madness and personal hygiene neglection. haha.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote