Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 AM   #426
CptSternn

I just finished the new Medal Of Honor. It was pretty crappy and the online play sucks. I am now blacking Black Ops. I also find it kinda crappy, the online play also sucks, but what really irks me is the zombies games you can play with it sucks. I was hoping for more of a Left 4 Dead style game and not an arcade style game.

Also got the new Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime. It really sucks. There is one level you can't beat in single player and need friends. Forum after forum people point out this one part where it is so insanely hard you just can't get by unless you have four people who are all pretty damn good at the game playing alongside.

Basically avoid all three of those titles sure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #427
CptSternn

Oh forgot to mention I just finished Kane & Lynch 2, which I loved and the online play is actually fun, although there are some issues with it.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #428
Tilde

The Punisher for my PS2
Oh, I love throwing people into pools of piranhas
Tilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #429
PorlNecklace

Has anyone here ever played Earthbound before? I absolutely love that game and am getting an itch to boot my old save file up again. Here's a 1 minute gameplay video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q311xD6udo
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #430
David12

Just starting up Final Fantasy XII and I have a feeling I am in for quite a lengthy game. It's actually quite good so far, far from what I would have expected even.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #431
golu456

i like games . i am currently playing taken 3 game I really full enjoyed to played this game. i like this game. i played so many battel game but this is my favorite game........

Watch Bones Online
golu456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #432
Ben Lahnger

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

I didn't think I'd be playing this for a while, but Gamespot was running an extra trade-in credit special, so I traded in my old backup Nintendo DS plus a few old games and got Duke Nukem Forever on PS3 for $3.43!

"... a booze-chugging, stripper-ogling, baddie-bashing good time." -- GamePro

Now ... COME GET SOME!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #433
Beowulf

Cool

Recently I`ve been playing the brilliant `Fallout: New Vegas` which is everybit as fantasic as Fallout 3 !!!.

The other day I downloaded the `Honest Hearts` add on for `Fallout:New Vegas` and Im very chuffed !!!.

Fallout: New Vegas Trailer

Honest Hearts trailer
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #434
Grausamkeit

I really like the Dragon Age games. Big surprise there, right?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #435
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I really like the Dragon Age games. Big surprise there, right?
Haha! They are quite fun.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #436
Saya

There was a pretty funny thread about Dragon Age 2, where we started playing when it came out, loved it at first, then grew to realize that we were just fooling ourselves, and now I just don't like it :/ Origins is one of my favourite games though.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #437
Vince

Argo Online which is a fantasy/steampunk MMORPG. Like World of Warcraft it's separated into two waring factions. Unlike World of Warcraft Argo takes place on a future Earth after World War IV.

So far i can't really enjoy it because my laptop is shite when it comes to games. But it seems ok. i'm not a fan of the gender specific classes though.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #438
CptSternn

Just finished L.A. Noire. That game sucks, save yer money and get something else if you are thinking of buying it.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #439
CptSternn

I just completed Shadows Of The Damned. It's a short game you can finish in a weekend but it is class!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #440
Beowulf

The last few days I`ve been having fun with `The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion` on the X-Box 360, which is still a really good game !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #441
Ben Lahnger

Still trying to master DC Universe Online while playing on a 24 inch standard-definition television ... I need to make some money so I can afford to get the big screen TV repaired. Because I can't read half of the text on the screen, and chat (which a MMORPG pretty much depends on) is impossible to use. But I've built a character up to level 16 all on solo missions by playing an hour here and an hour there, so it's not too bad. I really like the game.

Also, I've advanced in Duke Nukem Forever to the point where I have free roam of a strip club. I'm trying to make sure I explore everyone ... er, I mean everything ... before I move on to the next level. I actually think I just lack the 5 digit door code, which would let me into the locked office for an additional ego boost.

The guy playing the game to make this video of the Mission 8: Titty City level has no clue how to play this thing.

Yeah, the reviews are right. The graphics are a few years behind the times, the game controls are awkward and overall it looks more like a 2001 video game than a 2011 video game. The game was delayed for something like 13-14 years, so it's a wonder it ever came out. And it really isn't sexy, but then I've never seen anything composed of polygons that was.

And yet, the attitude and Duke's over-the-top dialog still amuse me.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #442
Babs

My husband and I are co-oping "Hunted: The Demon's Forge" it's fun two player, but difficult. We've died. A lot.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #443
Babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolide View Post
I loved oblivion although I liked morrowind more. I actually beat morrowind right before oblivion came out and for a few years it was the only game I played. It was annoying that magika only regenerated when you slept or dropped loads of money on potions though...
I haven't finished Morrowind, yet. I keep getting too distracted with stealing everything.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #444
Sir Canvas Corpsey

League of Legends is all I'm really playing right now because it slots in well with all my studies and work. Anything else I own that I may want to play is too RPG like and so I'd feel too compelled to play it when I shouldn't :P.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #445
Versus

Valkyrie Profile. I forgot how much I love this game. It's a shame that all the character development takes place in the prequel on the PS2, though.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #446
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Valkyrie Profile. I forgot how much I love this game. It's a shame that all the character development takes place in the prequel on the PS2, though.
"Come to me Dark Warriors, Battle awaits us!" <3

Hardly anyone seems to know of Valkyrie Profile these days which makes this post make me extra happy
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #447
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
What is the name of the PS2 prequel so I can be on the lookout?

*edit* - Erm ... just clicked on your link and got the answer. Nevermind.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #448
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
"Come to me Dark Warriors, Battle awaits us!" <3

Hardly anyone seems to know of Valkyrie Profile these days which makes this post make me extra happy
"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!"

Well, I have an appreciation for parts of Norse mythology. The nature of einherjar and their representation as individuals particularly appeals to me. It's the format of the game that does that so well. A brief glimpse of their lives and deaths show to be almost always tragic, violent, or heroic, and the game continues on by allowing them to grow as individuals both under the guidance of Valkyrie as well as after being sent to Valhalla. Practically, it's perfect as a "pick up and play" sort of game.

The dystheistic representation of the gods, to include the important ones like Freya and Odin, is also very compelling. Unfortunately, like with most aspects of the game, it is only further developed in the prequel's "rebellion against the gods" theme.

Aside from that, I think Valkyrie makes an awesome female lead. Between her character design and demeanor, she's striking as kick ass, but not in the "I want to get in her pants" sort of way. It's funny that I hadn't really noticed that until playing Silmeria where the Alicia/Silmeria contrast was present.

So yeah. I know a little about Valkyrie Profile. XD
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #449
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!"

Well, I have an appreciation for parts of Norse mythology. The nature of einherjar and their representation as individuals particularly appeals to me. It's the format of the game that does that so well. A brief glimpse of their lives and deaths show to be almost always tragic, violent, or heroic, and the game continues on by allowing them to grow as individuals both under the guidance of Valkyrie as well as after being sent to Valhalla. Practically, it's perfect as a "pick up and play" sort of game.

The dystheistic representation of the gods, to include the important ones like Freya and Odin, is also very compelling. Unfortunately, like with most aspects of the game, it is only further developed in the prequel's "rebellion against the gods" theme.

Aside from that, I think Valkyrie makes an awesome female lead. Between her character design and demeanor, she's striking as kick ass, but not in the "I want to get in her pants" sort of way. It's funny that I hadn't really noticed that until playing Silmeria where the Alicia/Silmeria contrast was present.

So yeah. I know a little about Valkyrie Profile. XD
I cried during Yumei's recruitment.

I have a particular fondness for Freya, she may be snooty, and be on a major ego trip but hell she can afford to be. Ether Strike is disturbingly powerful. Hell, she can make a magic shield strong enough to survive a direct blast from the magical power of an artifact that is used to stabilized the existence of one of the planes of existence.

I loooove Mystina. I just find her hilarious for some reason.

Norse mythology is probably the one I find most interesting and VP really plays on it well but then it able to take it in its own direction and stand alone. Though I was always just a tad iffy about the inclusion of Hai Lan, it just seemed like a ploy to get some orient into Midgard.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #450
Saya

I played Valkyrie Profile 2, or I almost finished it except my roommate was playing at the same time and I made the mistake of watching her finish the game.

I hate sad endings
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote