Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
nowitsdark0

nowitsdark

So, yeah. The last time I logged in here, it was on 11-24-09. Time to introduce myself again.
My name is Jessica, I'm 33, and have been part the goth scene since I was 13.
At the time, I was heavily involved in the theater and there were these two 19 year old ladies (Marcie and Melinda, wherever you are, I will never forget you!) who were G.A.F. and used me as their little dress up doll. They thought I was adorable, due to my lifelong love of all thing spooooky. They introduced me to the basics. Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Bauhaus, Poppy Z. Brite, Sassy magazine, black velvet clothes, oh, the list goes on and on.
These days, my tastes haven't varied much, although I like to mix a little psychobilly, seventies glam rock, and nineties dance music into my playlist of dark and spooky stuff. I also don't wear ALL BLACK ALL THE TIME anymore. In fact, right now I'm wearing a hot pink shirt from Lane Bryant. Ha!
I live with my wonderful boyfriend of ten years, Andy (before you ask, no we do not plan on getting married or having human-babies), and my three cats, Baron Samedi, Bastet, and Pandora. All black, natch. I am a translator for the deaf, the boy works in a music store.
My proudest accomplishment? Owning my very own coffee house at the ripe old age of 19.
I really can't think of much else to say. If you have any questions, ask away!
I'm glad to be back.
nowitsdark0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
MissCheyenne

Translator for the deaf? That sounds interesting. Was it a long process getting the qualifications for that job or was it just a case of learning to sign and stuff? Not that I'm trying to make out like it's easy or anything, I'm just curious.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote