Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
stompyhank

Stompy Hank.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

As of now I'm unemployed, although I am looking..
Hobbies include reading, writing, drawing, playing guitar (that's a big one), occult, listening to music - nothing too exciting.

2. Where are you from?

I was born in Hamilton, Ontario... I still live in Ontario but more so in the country.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Stephen King, John Irving, Aleister Crowley, Jhonen Vasquez, Roman Dirge, etc.

4. What are your favorite films?

Labyrinth, Rent, a lot of musicals. Horror movies of all kinds. Kids' movies. I watch everything.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I don't plan on getting married.

6. At your funeral?

I have a list somewhere...

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Blood loss or drug overdose. Something trippy, gruesome, spectacular.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I want to be cremated, and have my ashes scattered in a forest.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I guess it would have to be my black Beatles shirt, black skinny jeans, Red converse, blue and black checkered belt, spiked bracelets.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I think I really am still a little kid. What I miss most is my old house, and having my dad's full attention and adoration - he's amazing with kids.

11. What's your favorite band?
Marilyn Manson, Korn, Bif Naked, Nine Inch Nails, Cake, System of a Down, The Offspring, Tripping Daisy, Tegan and Sara, Rob Zombie/White Zombie, Alice Cooper, Chemical Brothers, The Ramones, David Bowie, Linkin Park, The Bloodhound Gang, Frank Zappa, Violent Femmes, The English Beat, The Cure, Love and Rockets, Dr Hook and the Medicine Show, The Kinks, XTC, Dresden Dolls, Nirvana, The Who, Squeeze, The Stranglers, Mika, Rufus Wainwright, The Beatles, The Doors, The B-52's, The Blood Brothers, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Jason Mraz, and more. (Can't choose just one.)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I'm currently in high school, Grade 10. I have no idea what my major will be, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life. I just know I want to make it worthwhile.

13. Why did you join?

Boredom, curiousity, interest, I was looking around on the site and I liked what I saw.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.
stompyhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
Breathless Horror

Yay for Ontario. You seem cool, definitely someone I could probably get along with IRL, seeing as how you're only a year or two younger than me. Siouxsie is a personal favorite of mine too. Do you know Skinny Puppy or Cinema Strange?

Oh yes...Welcome to G-net!

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
stompyhank

Thanks.. (:
I'm just getting into Siouxsie, I've heard of Skinny Puppy but haven't heard their music - maybe I'll check them out.. haven't heard of Cinema Strange..
Old 01-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
Breathless Horror

You really should check them out. Cinema Strange is, as the name suggests, a little odd, but they grow on you after a while. I've had people tell me that Skinny Puppy sounds a little like what you'd have if Satan had an industrial band.

Cinema Strange http://youtube.com/watch?v=3bOsbkIvgqQ

As for Skinny Puppy, I'd recomend looking at "Assimilate" though youtube sadly has no version really worth watching

What's your favorite Siouxsie Song?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
stompyhank

Listening to the Cinema Strange song right now, liking it already. (:

I really like Face to Face, but it's hard for me to pick out a favorite anything.. Christine is another one I really like. How 'bout you?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
Breathless Horror

I'm rather fond of both "Israel", "Arabian Knights", and "Cities In Dust". Face to Face comes in close fourth, I think.

Whereabouts in Ontario do you live?

Old 01-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
stompyhank

Nowhere, really. I live just outside of a lot of places no one has heard of unless they live in the area. I'm fairly close to Hamilton if that helps...
Old 01-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
Breathless Horror

Yeah, it helps a little. It's a pity no one ever lives in Ottawa, or like in my case, the nasty suburbs that surround it.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #9
stompyhank

I think I know at least one person in Ottawa, and another person who lives there part-time.. they're both dicks though.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
Breathless Horror

Haha, thats a fairly common trait around here. I'm surrounded by the rich suburb kids. These kids complain when their parent's only get them a 160 GB Ipod and a laptop for christmas. It makes me angerful...

By the way, congratulations on being one of the good newbies around here. The last couple we've had have either been psychotic, bitchy, or bitchy spam-monsters. I'd buy you a drink, if you were allowed to drink it. If I could buy you a drink that is :P

Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
Breathless Horror

Hmmm, not bad, but I'll stick with Skuppie thanks.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
BlkGothGrl

Welcome!

Love the funeral reply; its similar to mine (cremation)! I've been to/thru Hamilton quite a few times; jeeez I HATE the 401 in winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
By the way, congratulations on being one of the good newbies around here. The last couple we've had have either been psychotic, bitchy, or bitchy spam-monsters. I'd buy you a drink, if you were allowed to drink it. If I could buy you a drink that is :P
Hey now, some of us n00bs have been quite nice.....
BlkGothGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
Breathless Horror

My apologies, you are nice, though I believe you arrived while I was on my admittedly brief hiatus, so I haven't seen too many of your posts as of yet.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #14
stompyhank

Eeek! I forgot what I was doing and now there are all these posts..

I'd love a drink if I could get one! :3
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #15
stompyhank

Liking the Ministry song..
I'm sitting here in the library with the vicious urge to start headbanging.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompyhank
I'd love a drink if I could get one! :3
Wouldn't we all. Stupid drinking laws...why can't we be more like the europeans? Hehe, the Swiss exchange student in my classes is going to send me absinthe when she gets home

Mwuhaha, you should totally start rocking out in the library. It would be AWESOME!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #17
stompyhank

Absinthe! I'd love to try absinthe.. I have a 19-year-old friend willing to buy me alcohol if I give him the money, but he'd get in a lot of shit if he got caught, so I try not to put him in that position..

Hehe, I'm too shy for that - plus, I don't want to give the old man next to me a heart attack.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 AM   #18
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Absinthe! I'd love to try absinthe.. I have a 19-year-old friend willing to buy me alcohol if I give him the money, but he'd get in a lot of shit if he got caught, so I try not to put him in that position..

Hehe, I'm too shy for that - plus, I don't want to give the old man next to me a heart attack.
On a good day, I can buy alcohol, even though I'm only 16. It's rather kind of you to want to keep your friend safe, kudos. Apparently absinthe burns like a bitch on the way down :P

What? Thats the whole point! What fun is being crazy unless there's old guys having heart attacks? Me and my friends went to see A Night At The Museum once. the rest of the theater was packed, but we had maybe ten free seats around us. Apparently mothers of young children have issues when three people (two of them guys) are wearing almost as much makeup as all the parents combined xD

Old 01-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #19
stompyhank

I wish I could pull that off, I look like I'm about 12 except for my piercings.

Scaring mothers is something I love, it's the best when you people cross the street just to get you away from their kids - I don't even look that extreme, but the people where I live are not open-minded.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
Breathless Horror

Quote:
I wish I could pull that off, I look like I'm about 12 except for my piercings.

Scaring mothers is something I love, it's the best when you people cross the street just to get you away from their kids - I don't even look that extreme, but the people where I live are not open-minded.
The funny thing is that I'm not even trying to be scary. I guess my leather trench is a little too reminiscent of Columbine or something. *shrugs* A pity people can't be more openminded.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #21
stompyhank

Yeah, it can be strange what some people consider scary.

Mmm.. leather! I used to wear a trenchcoat, and a rumor went around that I was going to shoot up the school, so I think you're right about the Columbine thing. The funny thing is, I'm pretty much a peace loving flowerchild kind of a person, wouldn't hurt a fly.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #22
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~
If that's what you are looking for, you should try Ministry. 'What About Us' is a great song of theirs. Try : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2UA-7Q3ncU

Their videos are not very good though...
It's got WSB with a shotgun. That automatically makes it a great video! I liked Ministry more before the went all metallic, though.

The newb shows promise. Welcome!

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #23
MOUSEBLOOD

Quote:
11. What's your favorite band?
Marilyn Manson, Korn, Bif Naked, Nine Inch Nails, Cake, System of a Down, The Offspring, Tripping Daisy, Tegan and Sara, Rob Zombie/White Zombie, Alice Cooper, Chemical Brothers, The Ramones, David Bowie, Linkin Park, The Bloodhound Gang, Frank Zappa, Violent Femmes, The English Beat, The Cure, Love and Rockets, Dr Hook and the Medicine Show, The Kinks, XTC, Dresden Dolls, Nirvana, The Who, Squeeze, The Stranglers, Mika, Rufus Wainwright, The Beatles, The Doors, The B-52's, The Blood Brothers, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Jason Mraz, and more. (Can't choose just one.)
I'll give you some credit for XTC, The Stranglers, The Doors, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Squeeze, The B-52's, The Beatles, The Who, Nirvana, The Cure, David Bowie, The Ramones, and Alice Cooper. But the rest are trully awful.
MOUSEBLOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #24
MOUSEBLOOD

Quote:
2. Where are you from?

I was born in Hamilton, Ontario... I still live in Ontario but more so in the country.
So how close is that to London? I spent quite a few summers there as a small child (I had an aunt and uncle that lived there). Much much later when I had a band we played a show at the university. This was before the "G" word was being thrown around so prevalently, I think we were billed as an experimental art punk band. I recall a very mixed response from the crowd. Good times, good times.
MOUSEBLOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
Bete Noire

"The Ramones, David Bowie, Violent Femmes, The Cure, Love and Rockets, Dresden Dolls, The Stranglers, The Doors, The B-52's, Siouxsie and the Banshees"

Good stuff.

Most of the rest fills me with musical hopelessness.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote